Sequoyah

Above Average
25 (51%)
Average
14 (28.6%)
Below Average
10 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Sequoyah  (Read 145635 times)

TK

Re: Rate Sequoyah
« Reply #25 on: Jun 16, 2003, 06:39 »
Anyone know what's going on with their outage? ie: how far behind and why?

Thanks

Offline Atomic Frog

• Sr HP Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Ribit!! Ribit!!
« Reply #26 on: Jun 17, 2003, 10:41 »
8)

Sequoyah went to mode 1 and is at 21 % power as of 1230 june 17 ..
It is not MY fault that I never learned to accept responsibility.- Homer J. Simpson

I bet Einstein turned himself into all sorts of colors before he invented the light bulb.- Homer J. Simpson

SD

Re: Talk About: Sequoyah
« Reply #27 on: Jul 27, 2003, 04:12 »

Sequoyah was my first Nuke job after 48 years in Heavy Industrial Construction, I did not have a standard of compairson nor did I know what to expect. I was impressed with the facility and the SGRP. I'm now at PVNGS, only comment - even more walking than Sequoyah,and HOT. -SD

rlbinc

« Reply #28 on: Aug 30, 2003, 04:19 »
I read on the NRC website that Sequoyah declared an ALERT due to Reactor Protection System Automatic Scram Failure following a Turbine Trip.

Operators did manually scram the reactor within 20 seconds.

I noticed nobody has used the ATWS word yet. ('cept me)
The acronym means Anticipated Transient Without Scram. It's an accident described in Safety Analysis.

NRC has dispatched an Augmented Inspection Team.

Anybody from Sequoyah got the inside skinny?

oldtimer

« Reply #29 on: Dec 04, 2003, 01:49 »
8)Just finished the refueling outage, still a good place and great people to work with. Nightshift on Steam generator crew and cold beer at Debbies, don't get no better than that.

IBENNUKED

« Reply #30 on: Jan 13, 2004, 08:32 »
Been there done that got the T-shirt, may go back but don't really care to.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Sequoyah
« Reply #31 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:35 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: Sequoyah
« Reply #32 on: Apr 13, 2004, 09:14 »
Bea's Cafeteria is South of Downtown just off US 27 about 3 blocks from the Georgia line. It is an all you can eat with the entire revolving center of the table (seats 10 I believe) filled with food. They don't make them like that anymore!

Great fried chicken and pulled pork BBQ!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

oldtimer

« Reply #33 on: Oct 19, 2004, 05:44 »
Looks like Atlantic Nuclear is offering Per Diem at Sequoyal. How is that going to go over with the other techs already there?

Japetto

« Reply #34 on: Oct 20, 2004, 08:05 »
I have a feeling there will be some hate and discontent amongst the troops when there are 2 techs working side by side and one is getting 420/week tax free extra $$$.  This feels like we have just gone back 20 years when different pay for different techs doing the same job was common place.

-I hope Atlantic gets more contracts like this!!!!

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #35 on: Oct 20, 2004, 12:26 »
I have a feeling there will be some hate and discontent amongst the troops when there are 2 techs working side by side and one is getting 420/week tax free extra $$$.  This feels like we have just gone back 20 years when different pay for different techs doing the same job was common place.

-I hope Atlantic gets more contracts like this!!!!

Better double check that diem and see if it really exists

Eric
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

sunshine1

« Reply #36 on: Oct 20, 2004, 02:16 »
I would question that - TVA plants have not paid per diem in the past. Why would they start now with a new company, Atlantic verses the past/present one, Numanco?   ???

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #37 on: Oct 21, 2004, 09:42 »
Actually they did pay per diem back in the 80's.
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

ageoldtech

« Reply #38 on: Oct 22, 2004, 07:51 »
The perdiem for Atlantic folks is not true, even though, it would be nice!

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #39 on: Oct 23, 2004, 12:56 »
 :D Lies! Wow, it's like I'm married again! What a bummer!!!!

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #40 on: Oct 23, 2004, 02:02 »
I haven't heard the staffing numbers, or the companies represented at the site, but if Atlantic isn't following through with their publicly posted compensation package, their done before they start!

RG
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2004, 02:03 by RAD-GHOST »

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #41 on: Oct 24, 2004, 08:26 »
ok, Kristy.........time to fess up! The storm clouds are gathering, those who are prepared to sell their souls to you for the highest price, wandering minds want to know..........just tell us that "B" didnt just buy Atlantic out also!

Offline sefrick

• Light User
  • “I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any
Sequoyah
« Reply #42 on: Dec 11, 2004, 12:47 »
I'm new to the site and just browsing around. I'm stil active duty Navy (Nuke/Subs) with T -127 days and counting. Somebody told me that Chattanooga is a good place to live and that I would probably enjoy it there. Does anybody know much about the Sequoyah plant, besides what I can find in NRC.GOV? I've seen photo's and it looks like a pretty large facility. Thanks for any intel.
“I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I serv

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #43 on: Dec 13, 2004, 09:35 »
SQN is a dual unit 4-loop Westinghouse PWR Ice Condenser site. That puts it among the newer in the country, with Watts Bar being the sister unit just up river.

What else do you want to know?
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

goaldie

« Reply #44 on: Dec 13, 2004, 12:22 »
I love working at Sequoyah. The people are great, and the atmosphere is wonderful. I can't wait to go back in the spring. Chattanooga is a nice city. It's very diverse, pretty much everything you'd want and need as far as recreational thing. Like any other city, it has it's good and bad parts, but overall I like it.
goaldie

Offline sefrick

• Light User
  • “I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any
« Reply #45 on: Dec 14, 2004, 03:36 »
Thanks Goaldie and Roll. I heard Chattanooga was a nice lil city. I guess I'm a bit curious about income as an operator and opertunities for upward mobility. I'm a 10 year Nuke MM and I'm getting out and looking for a better life. I'm assuming that is the most common reason that people leave. By the way Roll, Ice condenser?
“I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I serv

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #46 on: Dec 14, 2004, 04:07 »
Containment must be large / strong enough to withstand a large break LOCA  (Loss of Coolant Accident) or steam line rupture. A few plants are designed with a smaller containment building by having banks of borated ice (which will reduce the pressure in event of a piping break. The layout of the Ice Condenser plants is much smaller than other PWR's.

(Don't worry, it is still much more room than float-a-type!)

Look for general interest items under "Career Path: NRC and NavyNuke boards.

You will do fine!

oldtimer

« Reply #47 on: Dec 27, 2004, 11:57 »
There may be a lot of openings at TVA plants in the spring time for outage HP techs.

Fermi2

« Reply #48 on: Jan 08, 2005, 10:45 »
I start at Sequoyah real soon as an Instant SRO and a Shift Manager. They hiired three of us from other commercial nukes.

DAMN that area is NICE!!!!!!

Mike

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #49 on: Jan 10, 2005, 01:32 »
I start at Sequoyah real soon as an Instant SRO and a Shift Manager. They hiired three of us from other commercial nukes.

Mike

Don't forget me when you get there! I need an "inside contact"!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?