Sequoyah

Above Average
25 (51%)
Average
14 (28.6%)
Below Average
10 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Sequoyah  (Read 145640 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Sequoyah
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:32 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Sequoyah Contracts
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2002, 05:42 »
Please reply to this topic if you have (or know who has) a contract at this facility.  If you (they) have multiple contracts (i.e. QC & NDE) please mention all of them.  Also, please remember to post company contact information, including but not limited to company phone number, email and web site address.  Also, if there is a specific person at the company people should ask for, you should mention their name and extension. We maintain a chart of contracts, the information posted here will be added to the contract chart.

This includes any information on Local Unions!
Chart: http://www.nukeworker.com/jobs/contract_lists/

philpatton

Re: Talk About: Sequoyah
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2003, 08:24 »
Worked a Vendor Manual Program with them back in ’94.  Nice area, good people.  Enjoy a bar called Hawkeys, they had a great in-house singer and the beer was cold.

DABIGUNC

« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2003, 08:19 »
so did Numanco ever staff the SGRP without giving more money to the techs?

oldtimer

« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2003, 08:01 »
I don't know how many are here, but it has rained 10 of the last 14 days.Good weather for ducks.

ageoldtech

« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2003, 02:40 »
From what I gather they are 14 techs short, with 2 more staffing dates to come.  ???

DABIGUNC

« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2003, 07:18 »
So when does the Outage start?

ageoldtech

« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2003, 09:08 »
The outage starts on march 16th

DABIGUNC

« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2003, 11:55 »
Thanks!

bluejay

« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2003, 12:55 »
Actually we are 12 Sr H.P's short.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2003, 01:10 »
maybe because the pay sux and they can make more with per diem on 72's

DABIGUNC

« Reply #11 on: Feb 24, 2003, 02:37 »
"Actually we are 12 Sr H.P's short."

Just couldn't resist to come see for yourself, but it's nice to get the official count, maybe we can make it 11, lol!

WonderUnder

« Reply #12 on: Feb 24, 2003, 02:52 »
And where are you working Radbastard?

moke

« Reply #13 on: Feb 25, 2003, 05:22 »
Worked at Sequoyah (Soddy Daisy!) in 1983 and met some good folks at the plant and throughout the community.

I learned to listen to Country music and grew into ALABAMA (Fort Payne, AL) and Ronnie Milsap. Whew! And: Grandma got run over by a Reindeer.

Cat Head biscuits and grits laced with a sunnyside up egg w/salt & pepper. Po Folks restaurant. Lookout Mountain and Rock City too! What? Chattanooga Choo-choo! UTC had a hoop team too.

Sequatchie Valley in the fall? Lakeshore resort on Lake Chickamauga. Eh Fegetaboutit!

To the many of you, thanks for a great time! Larry Addis, Steve Moon, Miss Elly, Daphne, Jane, Jamie, James Smith, Jambo, Barry Childs, Tom Lewis, Randy Whiting, Doug, Vicki, William Smith, Jason, Mike Campasino, Julie, Debbie, Mark, Karen, etc......

It was a challenging ride to work with ice on the ground. ::)

Ice condensor plant and one similar to DC Cook and Cawtaba. The arctic parkas were a must yet they were comfortable when used as a cushion! ;D

Aloha,

Moke

RADBASTARD

« Reply #14 on: Feb 25, 2003, 06:07 »
wonderunder it's not at sequoyah.
we all got raise's how about you??????????????/

DABIGUNC

« Reply #15 on: Feb 26, 2003, 09:19 »
The beauty of being a meter swinning, no check-no tech with a rebel locked up inside....we choose were we want to be.

To each their own!

ageoldtech

« Reply #16 on: Feb 26, 2003, 09:33 »
Radbastard, It looks like Sequoyah might be a few "dozen" techs short. Money talks!!!

RADBASTARD

« Reply #17 on: Feb 28, 2003, 10:26 »
Ageoldtech -money talks but it sounds like your techs might walk?
12 techs sounds like it might get tight there if some drag up.

biloxi_blues

« Reply #18 on: Mar 01, 2003, 03:29 »
When is the last staffing date?  Ive been there I will call numanco this monday.  HOw much is the pay anyway?

ageoldtech

« Reply #19 on: Mar 03, 2003, 05:11 »
The pay is 29 dollars a hour for >5 year 3.1. I think the last staffing date is the 10th.

bandyung

« Reply #20 on: Mar 12, 2003, 10:15 »
9 tech's short now. Everyone seems to be friendly and the house really does try to schedule to your needs. Remember there is no income tax in tenn. so that makes the pay reasonable. It will be a $$$$$.$$ money outage.   :)  wcy

sauna_girl

« Reply #21 on: Mar 12, 2003, 11:14 »
Is it only still $29 hr???? no diem???

Somebody emailed me and said they were still 10 techs short?

Why don't they up the pay? cheap ?

Now I know why I stayed in australia working on my tan for a couple of more months.It's starting to go into our fall but it's still nice to hit the beach.Then this fall i'll have to go back to the real world.

girlnuke

« Reply #22 on: Mar 24, 2003, 11:32 »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAMBONE!!!!      (^)   [smiley=balloon.gif]   [smiley=beerchug.gif]

sauna_girl

« Reply #23 on: Mar 24, 2003, 11:42 »
Hambone happy birthday.For your present I'd like to give you a nice neck message,follow by a great big smack in the back of the head with my hand. Had fun working with you in the past.Maybe i'll see you on the road when I get back from down under in our fall?
LOVE YA HATE YA MEAN IT. (^) (b) [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=ladysman.gif]

hambone

« Reply #24 on: Mar 25, 2003, 06:15 »
Thanks one and all for the warm birthday wishes. I'm just a kid at 41. Hope everyones outage is progressing. Summer is just around the corner. Oh, and sauna girl, let me have it like I did jimmy.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?