Sequoyah

Above Average
25 (51%)
Average
14 (28.6%)
Below Average
10 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Sequoyah  (Read 145627 times)

Fermi2

Re: Sequoyah
« Reply #50 on: Jan 14, 2005, 08:57 »
I certainly will, but they're damn slow about giving the official offer!

Mike

Fermi2

TWO MORE WEEKS!!!!
« Reply #51 on: Feb 07, 2005, 02:19 »
YES!!!

Mike

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #52 on: Feb 07, 2005, 03:20 »
Do you want my resume PM or e-mail??

;)

(CONGRATULATIONS!!)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Sequoyah Contracts
« Reply #53 on: Mar 15, 2005, 12:13 »
Who has contracts at Seqouyah that employs entry level people (security, firewatch, FME, etc.)?

Offline Atomic Frog

• Sr HP Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Ribit!! Ribit!!
« Reply #54 on: Mar 15, 2005, 10:14 »
For all of TVA  Sequoyah, Watts Bar, and Browns Ferry

Security :         Pinkerton Government Services

1101 Market St., EB-10 O - (423) 751-2024 
                     Chattanooga, TN  37402 F - (423) 751-6435 

Firewatch, FME, and Trades:   Stone & Webster (Shaw)

http://www.recruitingsite.com/CSBSites/shawstonewebster/Careers.asp

FROG
It is not MY fault that I never learned to accept responsibility.- Homer J. Simpson

I bet Einstein turned himself into all sorts of colors before he invented the light bulb.- Homer J. Simpson

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #55 on: Mar 17, 2005, 11:25 »
FROG,
   Thanx
Marlin

ageoldtech

« Reply #56 on: Mar 22, 2005, 11:24 »
I hear through the grape vine that Sequoyah has received some bad fuel and that the spring outage may be pushed back a month or so. Anyone hear anything?

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #57 on: Mar 23, 2005, 02:45 »
Heard the same yesterday!

But no change to my staffing date as of yet.

Maybe I can do New Orleans after all 8)!
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

Offline Atomic Frog

• Sr HP Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Ribit!! Ribit!!
« Reply #58 on: Mar 23, 2005, 09:12 »
I talked to a Sequoyah house tech today, he said yes it is true about the bad fuel (Something about the welds on the fuel are bad).
He said the old fuel would have to be all shipped offsite and then they could receive the new fuel.
Soooo yes that will probably push the outage back some, he did not know how long it would take to swap it out.

So Dream Tarheel it looks like you will make New Orleans after all. ;D

FROG
It is not MY fault that I never learned to accept responsibility.- Homer J. Simpson

I bet Einstein turned himself into all sorts of colors before he invented the light bulb.- Homer J. Simpson

ageoldtech

« Reply #59 on: Mar 23, 2005, 11:29 »
Well It looks like some folks will be working in the summer, but most techs don't want to work in the summer, hummmmmm.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #60 on: Nov 29, 2006, 12:45 »
The Outage is going nicely. It needs to stay on track, unless we want to give our families the gift of 6-12's for Christmas!

It sure is great to see some of my old friends. With BFN Unit 1 Restart wrapping up, they are back on the road.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
  • Don't worry about the mule just load the wagon!
« Reply #61 on: Mar 30, 2007, 12:34 »
Heard the rumor that Karl Singer is gone now! ;D  Also heard that the current plant manager there, Kulisek is headed to Watts Bar as the new Site VP.  Can any body validate the rumors?
I used to be a lifeguard until some blue kid got me fired.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #62 on: Mar 30, 2007, 01:25 »
TVA Chief Nuclear Officer & Executive Vice President Karl Singer today announced his plans to retire from TVA.

Singer is expected to remain at TVA for the next few months assisting with the transition to a new chief nuclear officer.

Preston Swafford, Senior Vice President of Nuclear Support, will assume responsibility for nuclear operations while Singer focuses his attention on Browns Ferry Unit 1.

“I appreciate what Karl has done the past few years during this important time in the history of TVA’s nuclear program,” said TVA President & Chief Executive Officer Tom Kilgore. “I understand how demanding it is to focus on the restart of Browns Ferry Unit 1 while trying to keep five operating units running.

“We look forward to the successful restart of Unit 1 in May. We expect to name a new chief nuclear officer soon and move to the next stage of our nuclear operation,” Kilgore said.

Singer has served as chief nuclear officer since spring of 2004. Prior to that, he was senior vice president of Nuclear Operations for five years and was directly responsible for the operation of TVA’s five operating nuclear units. As chief nuclear officer, he was also responsible for the $1.8-billion restart of Unit 1 at Browns Ferry. He joined TVA in 1993 after serving in the U.S. Navy.

“This is a decision I have been contemplating over the last year,” Singer said. “The past five years of work on the restoration of Brown’s Ferry Unit 1 have been a rewarding challenge, but I believe with the restart near, this is a good time to announce my retirement.”

Swafford joined TVA Nuclear in May 2006. He was formerly senior vice president of Exelon Energy Delivery Technical Services. He joined Exelon in 1995 and worked at the Dresden Nuclear Power Station for seven years.

No confirmation yet about the plant manager. Perhaps next week (though my understanding was that Dave was retiring fairly soon).
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2007, 01:27 by Roll Tide »

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #63 on: Jun 14, 2007, 05:35 »
If anybody is interested, Sequoyah and Watts Bar are hiring Senior Health Physics Techs.
Job description and minimum quals can be found online at www.tva.gov.  It's also posted in house too so there will be technicians transfering from Watts Bar to Sequoyah so more positions will become available at Watts Bar.  We need good people!!

billyp08

Sequoyah nuclear job offer
« Reply #64 on: Feb 07, 2008, 06:04 »
I was contacted yesterday from tva hr with a conditional job offer for the upcoming nsgpo class at sequoyah nuclear. Now my question is what to expect on the physical and background check what are they looking for and how hard are these to pass. Any info would be helpfull. I am very excited about starting this career since I have been trying to land this position for over a year now.
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2008, 06:47 by PWHoppe »

Fermi2

Re: sequayah nuclear job offer
« Reply #65 on: Feb 07, 2008, 09:52 »
First of all it's SEQUOYAH not Sequayah I hope you pay closer attention to detail when you start working for us.

1: The physical isn't very hard at all. Mostly it's a standard physical, vision test, color blind test, pulmonary functional test, hearing, blood and maybe an X Ray and EKG.

2: The background test is rather in depth but so long as you don't have any felonies and drug charges in your past you should pass.

Mike

billyp08

Re: Sequoyah nuclear job offer
« Reply #66 on: Feb 08, 2008, 04:02 »
Sorry for the spelling errors. And thanks for the info. I have no felonies and a clean background, so that should not be a problem. As for medical exam i should pass since I dont know of any conditions that I have that would prevent me from passin it either. I am looking forward to starting with TVA, and hope that it is the company I retire from.

Fermi2

« Reply #67 on: Feb 08, 2008, 05:57 »
It's definitely a good company. The staff at Sequoyah is very friendly and overall a great group of people.

Mike

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #68 on: Jun 02, 2008, 11:29 »
WOW! Almost a year and not one post out of SQN?

They must have put a muzzle on that "Limited Quanity" guy, he appeared much happier and full of relative information, before........

But 2 outages in the last 8 months, and not one thread?

Something seems amiss! 8)
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #69 on: Jun 03, 2008, 03:17 »
WOW! Almost a year and not one post out of SQN?

They must have put a muzzle on that "Limited Quanity" guy, he appeared much happier and full of relative information, before........

But 2 outages in the last 8 months, and not one thread?

Something seems amiss! 8)

Wow, I didn't know ya'll cared so much.  U1C15 is a distant memory and the light is now at the end of the tunnel for U2.  Mode 3 yesterday and in on OT waiting on the NOTP walkdown in lower on double time, you can't beat it. Yeah you can, walkdown is on dayshift now, I must be living right!  U2 was cake this time, no major valve work (primary checks), only 1 night of radiography in the can, no uptakes (at lower), everbody knew what deodorant was, and S/G's went smooth but the generators are still sick and still need to be replaced 2011.   It was somber though without CJ, Deano, and Greg not being around.  You walked in to a particular control point and you just know something valuable was missing and it couldn't be replaced. 
Oh well, dry fuel casks is coming up in the fall and then on to Browns Ferry later in the fall for those think dose extentions are all the rage.

Fermi2

« Reply #70 on: Jun 09, 2008, 10:49 »
You know what I hate? Seeing all the great people who are leaving and those who are about to leave soon.

I really miss Chris R. You might eventually replace his technical knowledge, but you simply cannot replace him as a person. His sense of humor and the decent way he treated those around him will be sorely missed. He and Jerry D (also retiring) pretty much trained me as an SQN SRO and I already miss my daily fights with them.

Mike

PapaBear765

« Reply #71 on: Jul 10, 2008, 06:11 »
First of all it's SEQUOYAH not Sequayah I hope you pay closer attention to detail when you start working for us.

Should read: First of all it's SEQUOYAH not Sequayah.  I hope you pay closer attention to detail when you start working for us.

You failed to place a period after "Sequayah". 

Should read: Mostly it's a standard physical, vision test, color blind test, pulmonary functional test, hearing, blood, and maybe an X Ray and EKG.

You failed to place a comma after "blood".

Hope you pay closer attention next time.

Offline NJ

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #72 on: Jul 10, 2008, 06:40 »
PapaBear...just give it a break.  You make posters feel like they are stupid and who are you to be the Nazi spell checker?

Offline cincinnatinuke

• Chemistry Technician CCNPP
  • Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #73 on: Jul 10, 2008, 06:41 »
Should read: First of all it's SEQUOYAH not Sequayah.  I hope you pay closer attention to detail when you start working for us.

You failed to place a period after "Sequayah". 

Should read: Mostly it's a standard physical, vision test, color blind test, pulmonary functional test, hearing, blood, and maybe an X Ray and EKG.

You failed to place a comma after "blood".

Hope you pay closer attention next time.

Sometimes I dont get your humor but today I am ROTFLMAO as they say. Karma!

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #74 on: Jul 11, 2008, 09:01 »
Two of the best SRO's I ever moved fuel with,Randy and Jeff. Can't say much for the cheap fuel (137 hr, reload last time I was there),But the site people were great.
Call Before You Dig!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?