Sequoyah

Above Average
25 (51%)
Average
14 (28.6%)
Below Average
10 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Sequoyah  (Read 145633 times)

jc

Re: Sequoyah
« Reply #100 on: Dec 04, 2008, 10:25 »
Guess that leaves me out of the equation! haha
Sorry to hear it. Did you get a letter with your POSS results yet?

clcartwr

« Reply #101 on: Dec 05, 2008, 08:11 »
Haven't heard anything on the POSS yet........from talking to everyone that was there I'm pretty confident on my results.  I had talked to one of their HR people and they said the training was starting any where from March to May.  I'm still taking class and wouldn't be able to start until May so if they are starting earlier that leaves me out.  Also I'm out of the "60 mile" range but still within TVA's boundaries.

jc

« Reply #102 on: Dec 06, 2008, 05:54 »
training was starting any where from March to May.  I'm still taking class and wouldn't be able to start until May so if they are starting earlier that leaves me out.
We talked about this a bit at the interview. If I remember correctly, they were going to bring people in for orientation for a few weeks before class is supposed to start. They indicated that would likely be sometime in February. So it might not have worked out in your case anyway.

They also confirmed that offers would be made before Christmas.

clcartwr

« Reply #103 on: Dec 07, 2008, 01:53 »
Yeah I figured they would start earlier than later...I thought I would give it a shot anyways!  Just gotta keep looking.  Hopefully some other positions will become available later on.

Offline WebbedOne

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #104 on: Dec 10, 2008, 11:02 »
What is the 60 mile rule?

jc

« Reply #105 on: Dec 11, 2008, 01:06 »
What is the 60 mile rule?
TVA strongly prefers candidates who live within a certain radius from the plant. I thought it was 50 miles myself, but Broadzilla is in a position to know, so I'm probably mistaken about that.

clcartwr

« Reply #106 on: Dec 16, 2008, 04:05 »
So has anyone heard anything on their interviews?  I know I did not get called for an interview but have yet to even hear from my test results.......I'm just curious to see how I performed...

Fermi2

« Reply #107 on: Dec 16, 2008, 05:31 »
I'll be surprised if TVA gets the word out to anyone prior to X Mas. It'll be a first in my experience. The Ops Manager is in Virginia this week and the Ops Supt is in Atlanta. The last 4 years HR has become a ghostland around Thursday or Friday before X Mas and usually doesn't get geared back up until after the New Years. When I hired in 4 years ago I was told if I didn't hear anything by the week prior to X Mas then not to expect anything until the end of the second week of February and trust me, things haven't changed that much since then.

On the other hand anything is possible. So far as I know we do not send notices to those we do not select.

Mike

clcartwr

« Reply #108 on: Dec 16, 2008, 07:40 »
The invitation letter they sent me to take the POSS stated they would send a letter out within 10 weeks with the results of the test...maybe I read that part wrong but I'm pretty sure that's what they said.

Fermi2

« Reply #109 on: Dec 16, 2008, 08:12 »
Did  I  say anything about POSS Test Results?  Previous posts referred to Interview results prior to X Mas.

Mike

clcartwr

« Reply #110 on: Dec 16, 2008, 08:17 »
So has anyone heard anything on their interviews?  I know I did not get called for an interview but have yet to even hear from my test results.......I'm just curious to see how I performed...

Thought you were referring to this......I knew you didn't interview so I thought that's what you were explaining.  As far as interviews Mike...does TVA just do one round or do they keep interviewing until they find the right candidates?  Just wondering.  Some companies I have interviewed with may do up to 3 rounds of interviews before they decide on candidates...

jc

« Reply #111 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:56 »
I can't answer your question about multiple interview rounds, but I was told that they interviewed 45 people. The initial job posting listed 15 slots. My guess is that they get enough with one round.

I haven't heard anything back yet. But, I don't feel that I interviewed very well, and I didn't have very good chances to begin with, so that might not mean much.

Fermi2

« Reply #112 on: Dec 20, 2008, 10:41 »
The last I knew TVA sends a letter to everyone taking the POSS test letting them know how they did. It'll tell you what jobs you are qualified for based on the POSS. My opinion, the POSS is worthless as an indicator of anything. Some of the best Operators Fermi ever hired were during a period we did not give the POSS and many wouldn't have passed the test.

We only conduct one round of interviews. IIRC we bring in 3 candidates for every one we want to hire. It doesn't make economic sense to bring in any more or to bring anyone back.

Mike

jc

« Reply #113 on: Jan 08, 2009, 11:52 »
So, anyone have any news yet on offers for the upcoming NSGPO class?

You ever get your test results, clcartwr? Did you apply for the Brown's Ferry NSGPO posting a couple of weeks ago?
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2009, 12:09 by jc »

clcartwr

« Reply #114 on: Jan 08, 2009, 12:14 »
Still have yet to receive my results on the POSS.  Don't know if I will ever hear from them? haha  Yeah I caught the posting for the Brown's Ferry NSGPO.  Been keeping a check pretty regularly on TVA's postings...

Fermi2

« Reply #115 on: Jan 08, 2009, 04:08 »
If you didn't pass the POSS you can't take it again for at least 6 months.
Told ya no one would hear anything by X Mas.

Mike

jc

« Reply #116 on: Jan 08, 2009, 11:21 »
Told ya no one would hear anything by X Mas.

Well, she didn't specify which Christmas.  ;D Anyway, the new info is that we're supposed to hear something this week.

jowlman

« Reply #117 on: Jan 11, 2009, 10:10 »
I have a friend whose daughter works downtown in HR. I asked him to ask her what she could find out. She said that as of last Thursday the decisions had not been made. I hope that they don't keep us hanging in limbo much longer.

Fermi2

« Reply #118 on: Jan 11, 2009, 12:10 »
Get ready to wait.

clcartwr

« Reply #119 on: Jan 14, 2009, 08:06 »
Got my test results in the mail today.  Passed all sections.  At least I know that is out of the way.  Now I can just keep trying to apply!

BoilerHP

« Reply #120 on: Jan 14, 2009, 08:13 »
Congrats! Best of luck to yah

ls75

« Reply #121 on: Jan 16, 2009, 03:54 »
First post. Long time reader.  The good info on this forum has helped me tremendously.

I interviewed for the SGPO class on 12/3/08.

I received my offer from Sequoyah for the upcoming SGPO on 1/9/09.  Scheduled for medical exam on 1/22/09.

Can't wait to get all the clearances over with so I can relax a bit and look forward to the start date.

mlslstephens

« Reply #122 on: Jan 17, 2009, 09:04 »
First post. Long time reader.  The good info on this forum has helped me tremendously.

I interviewed for the SGPO class on 12/3/08.

I received my offer from Sequoyah for the upcoming SGPO on 1/9/09.  Scheduled for medical exam on 1/22/09.

Can't wait to get all the clearances over with so I can relax a bit and look forward to the start date.

Congratulations and welcome.  There are tons of great people around to help you and many on NW.  Good luck to you in the future...I'm sure our paths will cross.

ls75

« Reply #123 on: Jan 17, 2009, 09:49 »
Congratulations and welcome.  There are tons of great people around to help you and many on NW.  Good luck to you in the future...I'm sure our paths will cross.

Thanks.  I took the POSS with TVA in 2002 straight out of college.  Unfortunately, I had accepted another job offer and already moved from Chattanooga when I got the invitation to interview with TVA.
Been trying to get back to this point for a while.

I have a friend that I graduated college with that is currently working on his RO license at Sequoyah.  He has always had good things to say about working there and the nuke field.  I am thankful to finally get my chance in the industry.

clcartwr

« Reply #124 on: Jan 20, 2009, 04:54 »
ls75,
If you don't mind me asking what kind of qualifications did you have for the position? (degree, etc.)  Just trying to figure out what they are really looking for.......

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?