Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Farley (Joseph M. Farley)  

Poll

Farley

Above Average
15 (34.1%)
Average
13 (29.5%)
Below Average
16 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Farley (Joseph M. Farley)  (Read 130317 times)

McBride

Bham_Dave

Re: Farley (Joseph M. Farley)
« Reply #101 on: Apr 20, 2009, 08:09 »
Anyone know what the "Plant Technician" job posting for Farley entails beyond the info on the Southern Co. website. Would this be a go in, for someone looking to land and NLO position at Farley, or does the position prelude at different path. Just wondering the posting left me a bit confused as to what the position entailed. Hoping someone at Farley can chime in with some advice. TIA.

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #102 on: Apr 20, 2009, 10:04 »
"Plant Technician" is an entry level position. You would start of as a laborer/deconner.  Generally within a year or so you would move to either operations or maintenance as jobs come open.  If you want to get a NLO operator slot this is the way to get in.
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2009, 10:07 by grantime »
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

Offline Ambered

• Light User
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2009, 08:59 »
My husband submitted his resume about a month ago for the Farley site.  I am really hoping he can get on there since I own a house in Dothan (rental property the last 6 years).  He is getting out of the Navy (MM2) at the six year point.  For now, I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

Offline Ambered

• Light User
« Reply #104 on: Jul 31, 2009, 04:34 »
Does anyone have any insight to the hiring schedule at Farley?  He starts terminal leave in August and so far we have not seen any jobs being posted...we are looking elsewhere (as much as that breaks my heart to say).  This getting out of the Navy stuff sure is hard-even with the BSASNT from TESC.

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
« Reply #105 on: Aug 02, 2009, 08:00 »
Hiring schedule is irregular.  Best bet is to keep checking southern company pages

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #106 on: Dec 01, 2009, 07:35 »
bout to interview there at farley for the nuke tech job so hopefully all goes well. 

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
« Reply #107 on: Dec 03, 2009, 07:46 »
bout to interview there at farley for the nuke tech job so hopefully all goes well. 

Good luck.  I hope that the interview goes well.  Have you been to Dothan before?

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #108 on: Dec 04, 2009, 08:20 »
No I havent.  Comin from Augusta, GA so it will be a little drive for me, but worth it.  Ive read the posts and seems like a nice town.  LOL Im drivin for about 6 hours to have a 20 minute interview then drivin 6 hours to go home.  I pray I get the job, ive been trying to get into the commercial field now for about 2 years so hopefully this is it.  Im kinda suprised the interview is only taking 20 minutes, they must be asking very general questions.

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
« Reply #109 on: Dec 05, 2009, 05:28 »
The interview format is general a committee asking a prescribed set of questions.    Sometimes the simple things can make the difference.  Make good eye contact, speaking articulately, etc.  Be sure and highlight any relevent nuclear experience.  Its a short interview so impressions count. 

Good luck. 

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #110 on: Dec 05, 2009, 07:47 »
Appreciate that advise.  Yah I am going to try to use a great line I have saved that one of the guys posted on the forums that was awsome in an interview.  Im hopin my Nuclear Pharm Tech, HP, NDA, and chemical operations will all be a very good positive and help to land a job.  If offered next step is to find lodging.

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
« Reply #111 on: Dec 05, 2009, 10:56 »
I really don't expect you to have much problem with that much experience.  If there is anything I can do to help let me know.  I'm in the book

Glen Granberry
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2009, 10:57 by grantime »

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #112 on: Dec 06, 2009, 03:44 »
Thanks glenn, I will probably be doing that if offered.  Thanks for the info.

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #113 on: Dec 08, 2009, 09:57 »
Ok just interviewed today so we are in the holding pattern.  Man, I didnt think I would be nerveous, but I walked out of there thinking Im such an idiot.  Simple questions you are to give straight forward answers to, and I felt like I rambled or just screwed up completely.  AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!  Oh well its in Gods hands now.  50 people interview for 10 slots, hope im in one of them.

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
« Reply #114 on: Dec 09, 2009, 06:29 »
Don't worry.  I'm sure everyone felt same way.  I know I do when I come out of interview.  Hard to tell when you have said enough or have just started to ramble. 

When you start training, look me up

Glen Granberry

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #115 on: Dec 09, 2009, 12:56 »
Ill do that, the only thing I hate now is the waiting.  2 to 3 weeks they said.

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
« Reply #116 on: Dec 10, 2009, 10:57 »
If it is more than 3 weeks don't get too worried.  Sometimes HR works at their own pace.  keep in mind that Holidays are basically already here and some (all?)  of the decision makers on vacation. 

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #117 on: Dec 10, 2009, 11:21 »
Yah I kinda figured that, its just the waiting for christmas to be over so I can find something out thats the killer.

Offline rockchalk99

• Very Lite User
« Reply #118 on: Dec 14, 2009, 07:06 »
I just interviewed last Wednesday. I left with the same feeling Bprogressive.

Didn't know they were interviewing 50 for 5 spots. Are those ballpark numbers? One of the guys I talked to works for a contractor at Farley. He said he thought the last two groups hired in were around 8-10 people if I remember correctly.

Good luck, and hopefully, we'll both get a phone call.

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #119 on: Dec 14, 2009, 10:11 »
Hey rockchalk99 welcome to nukeworker :).  Yah the lady that welcomed us said it was 10 slots open and they were interviewing 50 folks.  Yah I just saw as well they are advertising for SOIT so I might as well apply for that one as well. 

Good luck to you too my friend and maybe we can shake hands as we meet in class or at the gate.

Offline rockchalk99

• Very Lite User
« Reply #120 on: Dec 14, 2009, 10:57 »
I thought the five new hires was Farley, but that was for another position at another plant.

Do you have an idea what the SOIT job function is. Sounds like  NLO level position, but I did notice that the position will spend the first year on the job in the classroom. Not sure what that means. I was kind of hoping to get a foot in the door with the Nuclear Technician position, and then move over to operations, so I'm a little confused.
When I saw the SOIT job postings for the sites with the new reactors under construction I just figured it was to train operators for the new equipment. Any ideas what the SOIT is all about?

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
« Reply #121 on: Dec 15, 2009, 07:42 »
SOIT is shift operator in training.  It is operations.  Its a paygrade,  you get a raise when you get qualified as a NLO.  Nuclear technicians are an entry level job that feeds ops and maintenance. 

Offline rockchalk99

• Very Lite User
« Reply #122 on: Dec 15, 2009, 04:22 »
Thanks Grantime.

So, the SOIT is a step ahead of the Nuclear Tech, and if a Nuclear Tech was to move into operations, they would be at the SOIT paygrade until they became qualified for the NLO paygrade?

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
« Reply #123 on: Dec 15, 2009, 06:30 »
There may be some time in service step raises but that is basically it.
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2009, 06:33 by grantime »

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #124 on: Dec 15, 2009, 08:33 »
I applied for the SOIT on the 14th and was shot down on the 15th.  One of 2 things, either Im (hopefully) being considered for the nuke tech spot, or not qualified.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?