Farley

Above Average
15 (34.1%)
Average
13 (29.5%)
Below Average
16 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Farley (Joseph M. Farley)  (Read 130041 times)

McBride

Re: Farley (Joseph M. Farley)
« Reply #75 on: Nov 15, 2007, 07:10 »
Much appreciated.  Like I said, I have not even been called for an interview, but am hopeful.  Probably getting the car before the horse, but after multiple layoffs in the computer field, I am ready to start over in the Land-O-Nukes.

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #76 on: Dec 31, 2007, 01:33 »
Hey all,

I applied for an Ops job thru the southern company web site, and was wondering if anyone knows when they maybe hiring at Farley.  From what Ive read it doesnt seem like a bad place to work, but Im hearing budget concerns to much.  Can anyone let me know bout this.  Im tryin to get on with a southern plant in ops (took test for Votgle and still waiting on interview).  I live in Augusta GA so that isnt to far to Farley just looking for info.

McBride

« Reply #77 on: Jan 02, 2008, 05:05 »
I heard it is a horrible place to work, and everyone is mean, and they are bad and hate kids and puppies, uh...they persecute kittens and , and uh, and uh, uh, uh ...

Okay, so I applied for the same position...  :D

From what I heard, they are not even interviewing yet.  They hope to start at the end of January.  When I took the POSS/MASS in October and they said they hoped to complete the hiring process by early December.

Did I say ho much everybody hates it there, and they are forced to eat ONLY bread and water!  They beat their workers with sticks!  NO! I MEAN IT!  :o

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #78 on: Jan 02, 2008, 07:05 »
Plenty of room for everyone.  And besides we like being beaten with sticks.....
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #79 on: Jan 02, 2008, 09:37 »
McBride that was great, I had a good laugh with that one. 

I hope you get the position though.  I of course wouldnt mind getting picked as well, but at 5 hours away the whole prospect of relocation comes into play.......so the family will have to do some serious praying before we commit.

But on a more serious note, do they really?

McBride

« Reply #80 on: Jan 03, 2008, 03:14 »
Actually, I have communicated with a few folks and I have heard nothing but positives.  The company seems to treat people well, the area around Dothan is nice.  The pay and benefits are pretty good.

They have a System Operator in Training position that I am extremely interested in, and a Nuclear Tech position that would probably be a good foot-in-the-door.  I am convinced that the nuclear field is the future of energy, and that energy is the future of America.  At 40 (for 3 more weeks anyway...) I want to go somewhere that I can learn and grow and eventually be the crusty old fart that knows the plant inside and out.

You know the guy whose name and number you have somewhere on a yellow sticky note?  I want my name and number on that yellow stick note.

And besides, I like peanuts and fishing...

McBride

« Reply #81 on: Jan 13, 2008, 11:40 »
Plenty of room for everyone. 

Good, because I'll be down there Firday to interview.  They called me today about the SOIC position.  I was at Ober Gatlinburg at the time.  Never really ecpected to get cell signal there . . . but GLAD I DID!  ;D

I'm looking forward to seeing the plant.  The POSS/MASS was given at an AL Power site; not the actual plant.

remowil55

« Reply #82 on: Jan 14, 2008, 06:59 »
The HP Dept at Farley is Top Notch, you will not find a better bunch of guys and gals to work around. Remo

McBride

« Reply #83 on: Jan 14, 2008, 08:46 »
I don't have anything but an interview yet.  But am hopeful.

McBride

« Reply #84 on: Jan 17, 2008, 10:26 »
I hope you get the position though.  I of course wouldnt mind getting picked as well, but at 5 hours away the whole prospect of relocation comes into play.......so the family will have to do some serious praying before we commit.

You won't go wrong praying, but even if I do get picked, there are 7 positions they say they want to fill.  So hopefully we both get the goodies.

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #85 on: Jan 21, 2008, 02:31 »
Well I hope your interview went great  :).  They did not pick me for one, so Im now waiting yet again for Votgle to give a call for an interview (I pray they do this time).  I didnt realize it was so dificult to get a job in the nuke field.  Thought I would be a shoe in, but guess not. 

McBride

« Reply #86 on: Jan 21, 2008, 02:40 »
They just said I'd hear some time this week, other than that I didn't hear anything one way or the other.

On the positive side, they asked for my mileage to pay me for the trip from Birmingham.

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #87 on: Jan 21, 2008, 02:48 »
Yah, when I was interviewed for security they told me it would be 7 days b4 id hear anything.  Gotta love when they pay for gas.

McBride

« Reply #88 on: Jan 21, 2008, 04:37 »
Gotta love when they pay for gas.

Yeah, I really appreciated it.  It isn't like they HAD to do it.

McBride

« Reply #89 on: Jan 23, 2008, 10:16 »
Hey Farley folks, I found out that Alabama offers a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering in Dothan.  You can get details at: http://www.academicoutreach.ua.edu/page.cfm?page=degreeWeb&wpid=9&wmid=45&wcid=64 .

This is distance learning for the Dothan area only.

McBride

« Reply #90 on: Jan 31, 2008, 09:31 »
I GOT FARLEY!  I am going to train to be a house mouse!  System Operator In Training, staritng next month (2-3 weeks)

Only waiting on background check, drug screen and mental exam.  I don't do drugs, have never sold them, and I love my momma!

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #91 on: Jan 31, 2008, 10:22 »
I GOT FARLEY!  I am going to train to be a house mouse!  System Operator In Training, staritng next month (2-3 weeks)

Only waiting on background check, drug screen and mental exam.  I don't do drugs, have never sold them, and I love my momma!

Congrats and welcome to Alabama. Dothan is a beautiful area and I love visiting my son and his wife there.

Offline 3rdGenHP

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #92 on: Jan 31, 2008, 11:11 »
Congrats on the job, I've liked Farley, mostly because thats were I met my wife.  But the people are ok also.

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #93 on: Feb 01, 2008, 05:47 »
 ;) HEY GREAT JOB!!!!!  Congrats on getting the job.

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #94 on: Feb 02, 2008, 08:37 »
congrats--- welcome to Farley.  email me if you need any help getting settled in
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

Alabama Grasshopper

« Reply #95 on: Feb 11, 2008, 03:07 »
McBride, I am 3rd Gen HPs wife.  Welcome to Farley!!  I  know a little bit about the Engineering degree from Dothan area that you were talking about.  If you have our email address email Andy and we will get what we know to you.  Let us know when you get to town.

McBride

« Reply #96 on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:24 »
Well, when I interviewed they said they wanted me down there to start class the 18th (next Monday) but they just got my security clearance running yesterday, so I don't know when it will be.  It might be this weekend...

McBride

« Reply #97 on: Feb 15, 2008, 11:01 »
Security clearance is done.  I am now part of the Farley family.

At my office, they held a snack day, in my honor.  Okay, it was planned before enybody knew I was leaving, but as a joke we started saying it is in my honor :)

Let me show off the "Who Nuked My Cheesecake?" I made...

LOL!  It may not look like much, but under that cover is a mocha cheesecake to die for!

LaFeet

« Reply #98 on: Apr 06, 2008, 10:04 »
Plenty of room for everyone.  And besides we like being beaten with sticks.....

Good tom here that.   And I thought things got slack down there......Don't throw me in that there briar patch,  anythign but that!!
You guys need help in the fall??  Ima ready for some southern work after Minnesota this past winter...brrrrrrrr

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #99 on: Apr 06, 2008, 11:03 »
Security clearance is done.  I am now part of the Farley family.

At my office, they held a snack day, in my honor.  Okay, it was planned before enybody knew I was leaving, but as a joke we started saying it is in my honor :)

Let me show off the "Who Nuked My Cheesecake?" I made...

LOL!  It may not look like much, but under that cover is a mocha cheesecake to die for!

I love it! YEARS ago, I made a couple of cakes at T.P., one of them had the cooling tower, etc on it.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?