Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Knee slappers honeypot

Author Topic: Knee slappers  (Read 2076 times)

Gonzo

Knee slappers
« on: Oct 30, 2006, 05:26 »
While at work (preferable in PCs), what's the best practical joke you ever saw...  and did anyone get fired for it? 

One of my favorites I didn't actually see (wasn't even onsite) but it involved two guys in safety harnesses stepping onto an elevator...  a passenger thought it funny to clip them together but had to quickly hit the emergency stop button when only one guy got off on the next floor...   quick thinking to clip them together, quicker thinking to hit the emergency stop before anyone got killed but not quick enough to save his job (he was fired)..

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Knee slappers
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2006, 09:25 »
i dunno iffen this is the best, but it wuz grate at the time.....

there wuz a worker napping while wearing a face pump in the loops at oconee, back ina day, 'n his facepiece got covered with spray graphite.  when he woke, it wuz shear terror what with hiim going fully rigid from a totally relaxed pose, then ripping off the repirator, 'n looking around wildly.   ;)  nobuddy got caught, let alone fired.    :)
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2006, 09:25 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2006, 01:56 »
Seems I remember this guy (PV SG lead) who used to mix Taster's Choice in with (PV BOP lead with perm)'s Copenhagen.  It would give him a case of the spins and he'd claim he couldn't pee. 

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2006, 07:56 »
A rubber glove was taped to a hose that was connected to the exhaust of a low vol air sampler. The rubber glove (filled with baby powder) was attached to the bottom of the control point bench in the basement of the containment. Enter the oncoming tech to "TAKE CONTROL". This is when the air sampler was turned on  :) . For those who have not done this the glove gets to about 3 foot in diameter prior to bursting. The tech jumped off of the bench when it started to rise only to burst shortly after producing a white cloud that enveloped the control point. Exit all off going techs, rapidly!!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2006, 08:14 »
A rubber glove was taped to a hose that was connected to the exhaust of a low vol air sampler. The rubber glove (filled with baby powder) was attached to the bottom of the control point bench in the basement of the containment. Enter the oncoming tech to "TAKE CONTROL". This is when the air sampler was turned on  :) . For those who have not done this the glove gets to about 3 foot in diameter prior to bursting. The tech jumped off of the bench when it started to rise only to burst shortly after producing a white cloud that enveloped the control point. Exit all off going techs, rapidly!!

Fast forward a couple of days after several diligent techs collected copious quantities of paper dots from a hole punch. A plastic bucket was placed across two pipes over the same control point. The front of the bucket was taped to one pipe and a rubber glove again taped to a hose from the exhaust of the same low volume air sampler was taped under the bucket and on the back pipe. Once again enter the oncoming tech, the air sampler was started and shortly a lovely winter scene occured as the dots floated down all over the control point and tech.

This tech still did not develope a sense of humor our work was not done.

Gonzo

« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2006, 08:55 »
Seems I remember this guy (PV SG lead) who used to mix Taster's Choice in with (PV BOP lead with perm)'s Copenhagen.  It would give him a case of the spins and he'd claim he couldn't pee. 

now THATS funny

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #6 on: Oct 31, 2006, 11:00 »
now THATS funny

Gee, you don't say.....

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 09, 2006, 12:12 »
Technician um... 'resting his eyes' in the count room at Oconee (very early 80s). Rubber glove with small piece of dry ice placed under chair... tic...tic...Boom! Technician moves out of room at rapid pace heading to bathroom to change his underwear. Hysterical laughter.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2006, 12:35 »
And then there was the bubble suit (complete with face painted on the face piece) filled with helium that came rising up out of the steam generator cubicle... management at the unnamed plant may still be looking for the perpetrator of that one.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?