Facility & Company Information > Peach Bottom

Peach Bottom

(1/8) > >>

Rennhack:
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Rennhack:
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

There's a nice campground about 10-12 miles from the site on the way to Lancaster, a few miles past the river bridge. Nice place to stay. Right smack in the middle of Amish country. The showers and hookups were decent.  

White Oak Campground East of Quarryville was pretty nice.  

Orchard Campground is closer, only 3 miles to the plant and others stay at Tucquan Campground which is closer to "Buck".

RV lodgings for Peach Bottom Nuke Plant:  

Tucquan Park Family Campground  
917 River Road  
Holtwood, Pa. 17532  
(717) 284-2156  

There are sites for rv's both, large & small, as well as, tent sites & two cabins. Some pull thru sites. There are 30/50 Amp electric, water, sewer & telephone hookups available.  LP gas refills available on site.   They have a small washer/dryer laundry facility on site, a children's playground, gameroom, swimming pool, restroom/shower facilities, and small store in the office area.  The area is clean & well kept. There are two routes to the campground, one of which is not recommended for rv's, but the owners can give directions to the suggested entry route.

Camella Black:
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

cpottsjr:
C'mon....   somebody's got to be out there with some news from the Peach !!!  I started my commercial career there in 1979 (just months after TMI) and have been watching/looking for SOMETHING.....  still have fond memories of the Rad days, just before the upstart B. Bartlett started his gig.  Give us some news & stories !!!

jsarge_99:
Peach Bottom?!  Does it still exist?  Funny, this thread fished out two old salts in response... I started there in '77.   ...with Rad Services (Roger Knight, Perry Carmel, Frank Mcfadden. Jim O'Conner, Phil Giunatsos, Jeff and Dean Patterson, Harold Dodge, and my old pal Harry Pope, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.   I was a junior H.P. at 3.50 an hour and all of 30 a day perdiem.   BUT... 7 - 12s was 112 pay hours a week with double time on Sunday.  Top that!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version