Facility & Company Information > Peach Bottom

Peach Bottom

<< < (7/8) > >>

Dave Warren:

--- Quote from: xobxdoc on Nov 12, 2007, 07:12 ---Do you really need a GPS? I guess I'm showing my ignorance here but those little pocket maps that Rad Services handed out worked great. And that map in conjunction with mile markers, it's like you knew exactly where you were all the time. It was truly amazing!!!

--- End quote ---

If you worked for Rad Services, you probably were supplied with an abacus also....
Anyway, the GPS is more than just a directional helper.
You can set up traffic alerts.
You can set up your cellphone hands-free hrough the GPS.
Street by street announcements.
You can easily find restaurants, gas stations, post office, etc.
It is your personal navigator, and it can keep you from getting lost and finding the bad part of town.

xobxdoc:
Thanks for the news flash Dave. My point was that your personal navigator is just a toy that invites scumbags to break into your vehicle and ruin your day. Also I never got lost when I was on the road. I never starved because I couldn't find a restaurant and there is a gas staion on every corner. The post office is pretty much in downtown of every town I've ever been in. C'mon, it's just a neat little gadget.

Dave Warren:
No, I agree with you that it is just another gadget.
It just makes life so much easier and some people aren't real good when driving around new locations.
Removing it from your car when you leave is a tough lesson I have learned.

bfranklin:

--- Quote from: Rennhack on Nov 12, 2007, 03:52 ---What's that suposed to mean?

And stop shouting at us, it's rude to type in all capital letters.

--- End quote ---

I thought the meaning was obvious but it means that you can expect to find windows broken and contents stolen.  Sorry about the caps but I thought that this was an ad, not a conversation.  Nevertheless, feel free to change it if you can (?) or tell me how to.

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: bfranklin on Nov 14, 2007, 12:31 ---I thought the meaning was obvious but it means that you can expect to find windows broken and contents stolen.  Sorry about the caps but I thought that this was an ad, not a conversation.  Nevertheless, feel free to change it if you can (?) or tell me how to.

--- End quote ---

There is actually a forum rule against all capital letters.  Can you believe that?
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,4700.0.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version