Peach Bottom

Above Average
7 (18.4%)
Average
11 (28.9%)
Below Average
20 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Peach Bottom  (Read 62541 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Peach Bottom
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:11 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Peach Bottom
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2002, 12:20 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

There's a nice campground about 10-12 miles from the site on the way to Lancaster, a few miles past the river bridge. Nice place to stay. Right smack in the middle of Amish country. The showers and hookups were decent.  

White Oak Campground East of Quarryville was pretty nice.  

Orchard Campground is closer, only 3 miles to the plant and others stay at Tucquan Campground which is closer to "Buck".

RV lodgings for Peach Bottom Nuke Plant:  

Tucquan Park Family Campground  
917 River Road  
Holtwood, Pa. 17532  
(717) 284-2156  

There are sites for rv's both, large & small, as well as, tent sites & two cabins. Some pull thru sites. There are 30/50 Amp electric, water, sewer & telephone hookups available.  LP gas refills available on site.   They have a small washer/dryer laundry facility on site, a children's playground, gameroom, swimming pool, restroom/shower facilities, and small store in the office area.  The area is clean & well kept. There are two routes to the campground, one of which is not recommended for rv's, but the owners can give directions to the suggested entry route.
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2005, 06:25 by Duke Nuker »

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Peach Bottom
« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:36 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

cpottsjr

Re: Peach Bottom
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 07:28 »
C'mon....   somebody's got to be out there with some news from the Peach !!!  I started my commercial career there in 1979 (just months after TMI) and have been watching/looking for SOMETHING.....  still have fond memories of the Rad days, just before the upstart B. Bartlett started his gig.  Give us some news & stories !!!

jsarge_99

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 08:39 »
Peach Bottom?!  Does it still exist?  Funny, this thread fished out two old salts in response... I started there in '77.   ...with Rad Services (Roger Knight, Perry Carmel, Frank Mcfadden. Jim O'Conner, Phil Giunatsos, Jeff and Dean Patterson, Harold Dodge, and my old pal Harry Pope, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.   I was a junior H.P. at 3.50 an hour and all of 30 a day perdiem.   BUT... 7 - 12s was 112 pay hours a week with double time on Sunday.  Top that!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 06:13 »
yeah, 'n we got alla da holidays da peco paid there peeple two!
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Kime_B

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 11:13 »
Freaky...  I was just going through some photo books that had pictures from that WEEKEND party.

Then sometime early Sunday morning, the power went out.....

FUN TIMES!

ageoldtech

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 11:14 »
I heard that they dropped the moisture separator. Does anyone have any info?

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #8 on: Jul 27, 2006, 01:15 »
does anyone know of a motel around Peachbottom to stay at this fall..reasonable, clean and safe ..not too far from the plant?? Id appreciate any input :)

Thanks
K
It is better to light one small candle..than to curse the darkness

vikingfan

« Reply #9 on: Jul 27, 2006, 01:38 »
not sure of any exact names or prices but i understand that alot of people stay in aberdeen,md..i think its about a half hour drive or so from there or try the google link in the lodging forum

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #10 on: Jul 27, 2006, 02:21 »
stay at home & don't go there..it sux! :P

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
« Reply #11 on: Jul 27, 2006, 02:35 »
lmao... i heard that but hey,..its work and im da girl..i can handle it..lolol

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
« Reply #12 on: Jul 27, 2006, 02:39 »
ty vikingfan for the info :) youre the best..just saved me soooo much time looking and cursing etc lolol

thank you again...

K

vikingfan

« Reply #13 on: Jul 27, 2006, 02:46 »
      rrhoads,

well its a filler for a couple of weeks before i go to cooper for 6 weeks :)  anyhow thinks for the warning  LOL !!

Offline nothinbuttrouble

• SR HP TECH
  • Light User
  • I love being a professional babysitter!!!
« Reply #14 on: Jul 27, 2006, 10:07 »
i worked there last outage for the feedwater replacement job.  it was my third trip to peach bottom.  the place is nice place to work.  most of the house techs were alot of fun and good to work with.  there is alot of locals there that are alot of fun to work with also.  myself i stayed over in york, pa in a hotel by sams club.  it was cheap.  but the drive is about 45 to hour depending on the time of day.  i will miss working there this outage.  it would be nice to see alot of the people.   remember the job is what you make it...you do your job and you will do fine.  the rpm (bob norris)is good also he use to be a road tech way back from yankee rowe when it was operating..be careful of the amish buggies everywhere.  have a great outage... :)

deaztrailnutz

« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2007, 03:43 »
How much of Peach Bottom 1 (the gas cooled reactor) is still in place?  I know it was decomissioned years ago, but has it been dismantled yet?  Why was it shut down after such a run?

M1Ark

« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2007, 04:25 »
How much of Peach Bottom 1 (the gas cooled reactor) is still in place?  I know it was decomissioned years ago, but has it been dismantled yet?  Why was it shut down after such a run?

Why are you so interested in old shutdown reactors? Especially ones with non-standard designs.

Offline sper

• Very Lite User
« Reply #17 on: Feb 02, 2007, 05:31 »
Pb Unit 1 Containment building is still there. It has not been dismantled. It was only designed to run for a short time.

deaztrailnutz

« Reply #18 on: Feb 02, 2007, 07:19 »
Why are you so interested in old shutdown reactors? Especially ones with non-standard designs

It is hard to find any good information on many of the decomissioned reactors.  I am think some the early designs were fascinating. 

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #19 on: Sep 04, 2007, 03:52 »
By the way, for those of you that would like an address for the site to put in to your GPS navigation system, or map quest;  1848 Lay Rd, Delta PA should work for you.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #20 on: Sep 04, 2007, 03:54 »
Got a few house jobs on the Exelon website for all you Peach Bottom homeboys.
Check it out now, ya hear?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #21 on: Sep 04, 2007, 08:03 »
Got a few house jobs on the Exelon website for all you Peach Bottom homeboys.
Check it out now, ya hear?
Dave, shame on you, this is the "local info" secion, you know, like for lodging info.  You want the "talk about" section.

Should we merge them?  is havving 2 sections too confusing?  I was thinking about that today.
Vote here:
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,11533.0.html

Melrose

« Reply #22 on: Sep 05, 2007, 01:57 »
By the way, for those of you that would like an address for the site to put in to your GPS navigation system, or map quest;  1848 Lay Rd, Delta PA should work for you.

Good idea Mike, thanks....

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #23 on: Sep 10, 2007, 06:57 »
Rummor has it that there will be lots of NukeWorker stickers at the outage this year.

vikingfan

« Reply #24 on: Sep 10, 2007, 10:52 »
mike are you setting up a booth outside of the security building handing out nukeworker goodies ??? LOL :):)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?