Daniel Gollnick - No
17 (7.6%)
Ray McGinnis - Yes
29 (12.9%)
Ray McGinnis - No
17 (7.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: Dec 01, 2006, 08:23

Author Topic: Nukeworker Hall of Fame - Fall 2006  (Read 31596 times)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Nukeworker Hall of Fame - Fall 2006
« on: Nov 01, 2006, 08:23 »
1 vote for each nominee, total of 5 votes....enjoy!
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2006, 12:40 by Rennhack »

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Re: Revised Fall 2006 Nukeworker Hall of Fame
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2006, 08:42 »
Thanks Dave, thats much easier.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2006, 09:38 »
Great Job Dave...Thanks ;D

Thanks for the Poll idea Mike...I love it ;D
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2006, 06:48 »
Very impressive Splenda!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2006, 08:59 »
I'm sorry. I know all personally or by rep except 'Rad Ghost'. Need a name to tie to their contribution to the field of Health Physics. This is not a popularity contest right? I'd nominate the founder of Nuke Worker for all he has done to bring us together. The founder of NRRPT and HPS. Or am I missing the purpose of a Hall of Fame?
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2006, 09:18 »
Anyone can vote as they see fit...though the similarities between Rad-Ghost and Pete Rose would be striking....lol

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2006, 09:07 »
I'd nominate the founder of Nuke Worker for all he has done to bring us together.  Or am I missing the purpose of a Hall of Fame?

I would like to second Rennhack for the Winter ballot. What an oversight!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2006, 11:57 »
I'm quite sure we'll run a December ballot and monthly thereafter. Just wanted to get some names without a huge list, since only a few people were interested/participating at first. Glad to see more people are reading now...

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
Re: Nukeworker Hall of Fame - Fall 2006
« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2006, 12:52 »
I can't believe that Pet_Cow isn't on there....what is wrong with you people?
There are the Habs, and the Hab nots.

illegalsmile

« Reply #9 on: Nov 06, 2006, 01:07 »
It befuddles me to see that some people have voted against placing Dan Gollnick on the ballot. Who amoung us hasn't referenced his book on several occasions?
Pet Cow and several others are certainly memorable, but for their personal traits, not for any special contribution to the Health Physics industry.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #10 on: Nov 06, 2006, 01:11 »
It befuddles me to see that some people have voted against placing Dan Gollnick on the ballot. Who amoung us hasn't referenced his book on several occasions?

Gollnick is quite an icon among the Nuke industry. While there are lots of people I correspond with more on Nukeworker, none are more helpful.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #11 on: Nov 06, 2006, 01:19 »
right around Dec 1 we'll ask for nominees. I figure 7 is a good number, so feel free to nominate anyone! Some nominees might be stellar HP techs but wildly unpopular... ;)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #12 on: Nov 06, 2006, 08:24 »
I'm sorry. I know all personally or by rep except 'Rad Ghost'. Need a name to tie to their contribution to the field of Health Physics. This is not a popularity contest right? I'd nominate the founder of Nuke Worker for all he has done to bring us together. The founder of NRRPT and HPS. Or am I missing the purpose of a Hall of Fame?

eye agree that a proper name is needed.  iffen sumbuddy doesn't want their real identity known and/or associated with their avatar, then they should either have their proper name posted or withdraw from the nomination.  which brings to mind anudder point, yinz are contacting the nominees prior to placing them on the ballot, kerrect?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

vikingfan

« Reply #13 on: Nov 07, 2006, 01:13 »
is the hall of fame only open to people with hp backgrounds or to anyone that has made an impact on others within the industry ? such as decon techs, refuelers, mechanics or others.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #14 on: Nov 07, 2006, 01:17 »
We started it with any nukeworkers well-known in the industry in mind...limited only by wanting to have a manageable number of choices in a defined amount of time.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #15 on: Nov 08, 2006, 12:03 »
I would like to see a brief discription of what a person has accomplished or why they are being nominated. I voted but had no idea who a couple of people were or what they had done that they deserved the honor.

BuddyThePug

« Reply #16 on: Nov 08, 2006, 12:17 »
I think the poll was aimed at experienced nukeworkers who had worked with the nominees in the past. If I don't know someone on the list, I probably wouldn't vote yes or no on their spot, similar to a real election.

Gonzo

« Reply #17 on: Nov 08, 2006, 12:44 »
I would like to see a brief discription of what a person has accomplished or why they are being nominated. I voted but had no idea who a couple of people were or what they had done that they deserved the honor.
I totally agree...   if you suggest someone, you ought to be able to write a brief word or two as to why you think they should be there...

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #18 on: Nov 08, 2006, 01:58 »

Here is my writeup of Dan Gollnick:

Dr. Dan Gollnick received his B.S. degree in Physics and his M.S. degree in Experimental Nuclear Physics from Michigan State University. He received his Ph.D., in the field of Medical Radiation Physics, from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Since 1975, he has been Certified in Comprehensive Health Physics by the American Board of Health Physics and is a charter member of the American Academy of Health Physics.

This has been shamelessly copied from:
http://www.pacificrad.com/pages/qualifications.html

In addition to authoring one of the best texts on the subject,  Basic Radiation Protection Technology  (now in v.4), he actually posts on Nukeworker.
See Gollnick
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=928

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #19 on: Nov 08, 2006, 02:10 »
Here is my writeup of Ray McGinnis:

Rad Pro Calculator online performs many nuclear calculations that are useful to the health physicist, radiological researcher, radiochemist, radiation safety officer, health physics technician (HP) and nuclear medicine professional. It calculates, among other things, radiation safety units conversions (SI and US customary), gamma emitter dose rate and activity, gamma shielding equations, beta emitter dose rate and activity, grams of plutonium (Pu) and uranium (U) from activity,  decay and half life equations, bremsstrahlung x-ray calculations for beta interactions and uranium fuel loading ratios and uranium enrichment...   

All programming is provided as a free service to the nuclear community by Rad Pro Calculator Software Development. The software was originally called NukeWorker Calculator.  The programmer is Ray McGinnis, 30 year nuclear professional... The user has a choice between the online calculator and a desktop radiation calculator. This site is supported by and featured by NukeWorker. The calculations on this site may be useful to the person assessing cancer risks. This site contains inverse square law calculations for the radiation protection student. The equations on this site are useful to professionals doing remediation and decommissioning projects (D&D, DandD) at nuclear power plants and USDOE sites.

This too has been shamelessly copied from the nominee's website:
http://www.radprocalculator.com/

In addition to providing a powerful tool to Nukeworkers  for free  Ray also posts on Nukeworker.
See RadPro Guy
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=2081

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #20 on: Nov 08, 2006, 03:06 »
Here is my writeup of Dan Gollnick:
he actually posts on Nukeworker.
See Gollnick
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=928

That not the real Gollnick.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #21 on: Nov 08, 2006, 03:55 »
That not the real Gollnick.

Have I been "punked"?
 :o :o

illegalsmile

« Reply #22 on: Nov 08, 2006, 05:04 »
If I read this right, the individual posting as "Gollnick" is not THE Gollnick. Dr. Gollnick (THE Gollnick) is such an icon in our business that I feel the name "Gollnick" should be treated as though it were copyrighted and none but THE Gollnick should be allowed to use it.......kinda line "Renhack".
Mike, I'd like to urge you to require this pretender to seek a new username.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #23 on: Nov 08, 2006, 07:24 »
Whether he's the genuine Dr. Gollnick or not, the guy who posts under that name is signing his posts as Daniel Gollnick, Ph.D.
He is hawking Basic Radiation Protection Technology, which was authored by Dr. Daniel Gollnick (and is known among the HP/RP community simply as "Gollnick").
If he's not the real thing, he's doing one helluva job impersonating the real thing -- which is why I voted against Dan Gollnick in the poll.  I fugure anybody who would allow himself to be misrepresented in such a grand fashion is just too much of a dope to be in any hall of fame no matter how many volumes of knowledge he has published.  On the other hand, if he is in fact the actual Daniel Gollnick, Ph.D. I've just gotta say that I'm disappointed.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #24 on: Nov 08, 2006, 09:42 »
Whether he's the genuine Dr. Gollnick or not, the guy who posts under that name is signing his posts as Daniel Gollnick, Ph.D.
He is hawking Basic Radiation Protection Technology, which was authored by Dr. Daniel Gollnick (and is known among the HP/RP community simply as "Gollnick").
If he's not the real thing, he's doing one helluva job impersonating the real thing -- which is why I voted against Dan Gollnick in the poll.  I fugure anybody who would allow himself to be misrepresented in such a grand fashion is just too much of a dope to be in any hall of fame no matter how many volumes of knowledge he has published.  On the other hand, if he is in fact the actual Daniel Gollnick, Ph.D. I've just gotta say that I'm disappointed.

dang, beercourt,  i'd be wit yinz on dis butt i go to sights alla time 'n try to register 'n find out my name iz alredy used.  go figger.  butt eye wood voat fer me.   ;)
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?