Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Indian Point Lodging

Author Topic: Indian Point Lodging  (Read 47908 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Indian Point Lodging
« on: Jul 22, 2001, 07:11 »
You can get a furnished place with a kitchenette called The Little Cabin Inn Middlehope, NY 914-561-9685, near Fishkill for about $250/week. About 30 miles away. -Caters to the Nuclear Contractors.

Watergate Inn is $250/week for a motel room about 3 miles from the plant.
For a quiet, furnished apt, with off street parking in Peekskill, right off Hwy 9 five minutes from site, contact Jack Lindroos at 914-739-1178 or Anya Reid at 914-736-3245 625.00/month, 300.00 deposit. They are great people to do business with. The apartments are within three miles of the IP sites and in a better part of Peekskill, right next to the Motor Inn.

Also, try www.nypennysaver.com on the web. They list apartments and motels in the area.
On route 5, near the flashing yellow traffic light near the Tops market is a farmer living in a house made up to look like a castle. He has a petting zoo out back. Well, he has two apartment buildings, is a quality landlord, reasonable rates, and about 15 min's from plant.
1 BR furnished - 914-737-6049 $825/mo
1 BR unfurnished - 914-296-9879 $675/mo
Check the bulletin boards at training, do not use a real-estate broker as the fees are to high, go north to Fishkill for an apartment, there is also an apt complex just north of the site near a well know local old hotel that is supposed to be good.
Bethel Springvale Nursing Home rents rooms out for $250.00 per week. Another suggestion is to commute from Harriman, NY. Harriman is about an hour away but you can find some cheaper places to live.
The campground at Sprout Brook is not there anymore. There is one in Fishkill, Snow Valley. It's not too bad.$350.00 a month plus utilities. It isn't listed in Woodalls, it doesn't rate that high. I stayed there for 7 months in 98. It has spots open all year. Sorry I don't have the number, you may find on net or by calling information.

You can try the classifieds in the Poughkeepsie Journal (http://www.pojonews.com) for housing in
the mid-hudson area. Expect to pay $1500.00/mo, 2 mo. deposit and sign a 1 year lease. If you can afford it you can try the Westchester Journal news (http://www.nyjournalnews.com). I warn you, the first few 3bdr houses for rent this morning are within 15-20 miles of the plant and rent for $4000.00+/mo. But hey, you will be in the neighborhood the Clintons have chose to live. Due to SGRP at IP2 and major facility construction in Fishkill NY (GAP distribution center) housing around IP2 (affordable) will be found in New Jersey or Albany (find someone to carpool with). The roach motels within 60 miles are asking $300-450 per week. The national chains (Holiday inn, Residence inn etc) are holding at 100-150.00 per day.

Little Cabin Inn in Middlehope N.Y. will have fully furnished cabins & a two bedroom house (which is furnished)available in the very near future. Short Term or Long Term. Weekly rates includes dish's
linen's cable t.v. and maid service. Call now!!!!(914)561-9685 you snooze you loose. They cater to roadies.
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2007, 05:55 by Camella Black »

smiltner

Re: Indian Point
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2002, 06:22 »
Hey Mike,
I just tried to contact the Little Cabin Inn in Middlehope, NY and their number has been changed to 845-561-9685.  ;)
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2005, 07:19 by Duke Nuker »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2002, 11:47 »
For a quiet, furnished apartment with off street parking in Peekskill, right of HWY 9, minutes from site, contact Ken Martin 914 762-3641.  Great person to deal with.  The apts are within 3 miles of IP sites and in a better part of Peekskill, next to the Motor Inn. Apts ranging from studios at $700 all utilities included upto 2 bedroom apts.
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2005, 07:19 by Duke Nuker »

LaFeet

« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2005, 02:27 »
While a bit more costly, any of you who may happen to have your retiree blue card might want to look into staying at West Point.  It is only about 25 minutes away with traffic and you have all of the amenities provided for around 40 bucks a day.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2006, 02:36 »
TRY THE WATERGATE MOTEL IT'S 4 MILES FROM THE PLANT.When I was there in 03 it was $350 a week and it was no big deal but very close.

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2006, 07:54 »
last time I worked IP I stayed at the alka inn in poughkeepsie...its a bit of a drive but much cheaper than anything youll find close plus has a great beer store right down the road from it...the rates were around 200-225 a week but they dont do reservations its first come first serve and there are some permanent residents there.

Offline johnndor

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 04:35 »
Just a few minutes north of Fishkill off Main Street, there is a great sushi place called Cherry Blossom. Not cheap, but good fish!

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 07:39 »
Nice Guy Eddie's
First and Avenue A
Manhattan
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

illegalsmile

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 07:01 »
Is Johnny Ritz still there? Used to have $3 pitchers of beer and $.10 wings in Thursdays. Made Friday's kinda rank in the can (no pun intended).  Sittin' outside one summer eve in '92 a bunch of us were hit with a 'drive-by'. Four kids w/ super soakers in the back of a pick up truck. We kept our beer covered so it didn't get watered. aahhhh, good times :)

shovelheadred

« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2007, 07:26 »
...I stayed at the Harriman Motor Inn...in Central valley,NY...914-928-2266...$400/week, newly renovated....25 miles, over Bear Mountain....cleaned everyday, no crackheads...no trouble, nice people...Patels, like most hotel owners...red

richardb52

« Reply #10 on: Mar 23, 2007, 10:00 »
Just a quick update for future reference.  I am currently staying at the Peeksill Inn.  They have an outage rate of about $70/ night.  Includes refridgerator and microwave.  Nothing fancy but they have a bar and restaurant right there.  The rooms are somewhat small but it is only 3 miles from the plant. They clean it daily.

Peekskill Inn
634 Main Street
Peekskill , New York 10566
1-800-526-9466
phone: 914- 739-1500

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: Mar 23, 2007, 02:52 »
Alka Inn in poughkeepsie was around 250 a week when i was there back in 04 but its first come first serve and a good 30-45 mins to the plant. 

Shequan

Re: Indian Point Lodging
« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2008, 04:59 »
The most boldest, newest extended stay property to hit Times Square New York City has arrived! Candlewood Suites! We are anxious to be your host. Fully furnished Studio Suites fully equipped from Free  laundry, kitchen in each suites, fitness center on property, each Prority club points, and even more. Call for more details and enjoy staying in Midtown Times Square, your home away from home. Call or visit our website for rates.

Shequan@packard-1.com
www.candlewoodnyc.com

Innatarbor

Rooms for Rent at Inn at Arbor Ridge
« Reply #13 on: Feb 12, 2009, 09:15 »
Located 30 mins North of Indian Point we are a Newly renovated Hotel offering special rates to Indian point Employees $325 a week $1300 monthly I have 5 people from Indian Point coming already and welcome more. Fridge and microwaves provided in single or double bed rooms, easy drive call for more info 845-227-7700

H.C.-Qa

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 01:55 »
lodging for indian point: in private setting, suites available...just inquire

Offline funeshah

• Lurker
« Reply #15 on: Mar 23, 2012, 02:43 »
Windsor Motel is located 30 minutes from Indian Point in New Windsor, NY.  Weekly rates range from $250-$300 depeding on season.

Rooms offer mini-fridges & Microwaves, Wi-FI, Cable TV (including HBO and ESPN), ample parking and are recently renovated.  Complimentary Continental Breakfast is served daily.  A limited number of efficiency units are available.

Windsor Motel is located on Route 9W, minutes from grocery stores, restaurants, etc.

visit www.windsormotelon9w.com or call 845-562-7777 to make reservations.

Windsor Motel
2976 US Route 9W
New Windsor, NY 12553
845-562-7777
www.windsormotelon9w.com

Offline CPlatt324

• Very Lite User
« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2013, 11:49 »
I have a room available at my house in Peekskill NY.  It is available now and is $650/month, 1 months rent and refundable security deposit due in the beginning.  Cable, Electric, Heat, Internet and Washer & Dryer are included in the monthly rent.  It is a quiet private home near bike & hiking trails.  I have an old dog and outdoor cat but no additional pets allowed. 

If interested please call me on my cell phone, Chris 914-260-5847.

Offline The Garrison House

• Lurker
« Reply #17 on: Feb 18, 2013, 08:58 »
My husband and I operate a Bed and Breakfast in Fort Montgomery, just on the other side of the Bear Mountain Bridge, probably about a 15-20 minute drive from Indian Point.  We have six rooms available, a coffee shop on premises, washer and dryer available, wifi, cable TV, common kitchen available for use if you don't feel like eating out.  Very quiet, 2 acres located on Route 9W across from the lake.  Located within walking distance to restaurants/bars.  Rate is $299 plus tax weekly.  Pictures of rooms available at www.thegarrisonhouse.com.  Call 845-446-2322 for more information.

Offline Joselitotipsa

• Lurker
« Reply #18 on: Mar 06, 2013, 10:52 »
Another affordable option is the Rodeway Inn, New Paltz. Just ask for the Indian Point Outage rate of $45.00 per room, per night including continental breakfast. 845-883-7373.

NHDanO

« Reply #19 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:05 »
Heading to Indian Point in February.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a good place to stay?  I was just curious if there was any more up to date info.

NHDanO

« Reply #20 on: Mar 17, 2014, 07:37 »
Well I just got back from IPECs outage.  I stayed at the Inn on The Hudson.  4 miles from the plant.  Very nice place to stay, very comfortable and clean.  I would highly recommend staying there.  They offer a discount for long stays.

Offline everrose

• Very Lite User
« Reply #21 on: Oct 14, 2014, 06:57 »
HI,

Very very clean and nicely furnished room for rent with single bed a new mattress, bureau, desk, recliner chair, refrigerator,  large TV and microwave.   Shared immaculate bathroom  Includes good heat and hot water,  electric, cable TV, Internet, premise parking and internet access.  Only 10 minutes from Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant.   Asking $800 per month   . Last updtae 10/14/2021.  Please call or text Rosemary at 914-557-2402 or write  at rccioffi@optonline.net
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2021, 10:40 by everrose »

SCMasterchef

« Reply #22 on: Jan 16, 2015, 06:52 »
I am potentially heading to Indian Point in March, can anyone provide me with informaion on housing, with wife and small puppy (house broken), for several months?  Must be clean, highly recommendable, with washer/dryer and living conveniences (kitchen).

Offline CPlatt324

• Very Lite User
« Reply #23 on: Jul 21, 2015, 03:49 »
I have a private room available in my home in Peekskill NY.  It is available now and is $675/month, 1 months rent and refundable security deposit due in the beginning.  Cable, Electric, Heat, Internet and Washer & Dryer are included in the monthly rent.  It is a quiet private home near bike & hiking trails. There is a private driveway and it is located on a dead-end. There is a pool on the property as well. I have an outdoor cat but no additional pets allowed.  

If interested please call me, Chris at 914-737-0180.
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2015, 03:50 by CPlatt324 »

CPDanbury

Indian Point Outage Housing 2016
« Reply #24 on: Feb 19, 2016, 05:09 »
Indian Point Nuclear Outage housing. Crowne Plaza Danbury is offering special extended stay rates for coming in for the Indian Point shut down. Rate includes complimentary breakfast daily and complimentary mini fridge in your room. Located just 35 mi from Indian Point the property is located just off I-84 on the NY/CT border.

Book 5 or more nights with link below:
http://www.crowneplaza.com/redirect?path=hd&brandCode=cp&localeCode=en&regionCode=1&hotelCode=DXRCP&rateCode=IPCV3&_PMID=99502056&corporateNumber=100237960

OR Contact Alex Pitman with booking questions - apitman@cpdanbury.com or 203-830-5108

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?