Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Unwanted PM's

Author Topic: Unwanted PM's  (Read 28232 times)

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
Unwanted PM's
« on: Nov 02, 2006, 05:14 »
If your getting any PM's that you don't want or you find objectionable, please notify either Nuclear Nascar, Mike Rennhack, me or any Sr. Moderator and if possible forward the PM you were sent.

It seems that several folks have been getting some unsolicited PM's. We'll remedy the situation for you, thanks for your patience.

your friendly neighborhood moderator

hopster  8)
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
Re: Unwanted PM's
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2006, 06:51 »
I'd like to echo what Pat has said.  I just logged on a few minutes ago and had 13 new PM's from several of you who had received an unwanted PM.  This user has been banned.  Please accept my apologies for this unsolicited garbage.

Tom
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

vikingfan

« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2006, 07:21 »
hey guys ! glad to see this situation was taken care of! many of us the site to maintain relationships with fellow co-workers or employment contacts. we do not want unsolicited pm's once again thanks for being on top your game concerning this.

Offline devildog

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Emails From Amy H?
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2006, 10:31 »
Did everyone get this email?  Can we find out who is sending this email out?  Is there anything we can do to stop this from happening agin?

diliigaf

« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2006, 10:52 »

>:( The problem with these unwanted PM's is, if you open them at work on company computers you may find yourself in a bit of trouble...
           ::)I'm glad I didn't open it at work, and won't in the future...

Charles U Farley

« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2006, 12:26 »
I thought that was ya'lls welcoming commitee saying hello to the new guy. ;)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2006, 01:02 »
Okay, someone should have warned me. I opened my message box and when I gasped my daughter thought someone had died. It took me 10 minutes to finally get her to take a look and when she did I laughed so hard that I had back spasms (more on that later).

Yes I was shocked, disgusted and embarassed but I thought it was funny too as it is so unbelieveable.

Fulmer

« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2006, 05:42 »
Be careful opening those links because you never know what kind of spyware or viruses or whatever could be hiding on those pages waiting to just infect your computer with all kinds of stuff.  Remember don't click on links that you don't know what they are.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2006, 06:07 »
I have banned the user, and run a program to delete all of the messages from the database.

I am sorry that this has transpired.

AmyrobinUT

« Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 2006, 07:23 »
Thanks for all your efforts to address this problem.   

diliigaf

« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2006, 08:53 »
I have banned the user, and run a program to delete all of the messages from the database.

I am sorry that this has transpired.

Mike,
      It's not your fault... There are a--holes out there and we all need to be careful.  We never know, where, who or when...
      You and all your people are doing a great job....Thanks.

Phideaux

« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 2006, 09:30 »
Thanks to all of you for the quick action dealing with this. I appreciate the folks who take their own time to monitor the site.

GOOD JOB!!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 02, 2006, 10:43 »
Thanks to you and PWHoppe for the quick work last evening. Keep up the good work!
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?