Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Opportunities in Operations

Author Topic: Opportunities in Operations  (Read 10256 times)

Offline flamatrix99

• Moderate User
  • I really dig you Sir...
Opportunities in Operations
« on: Nov 07, 2006, 06:28 »
I have been an NLO at Turkey Point for the last two and a half years. I was just offered an instant SRO position with Entergy at River Bend. What I was wondering does anyone have any experience with Entergy and how life is working for them?  I know how FPL is they can be very dictatorship like. I don't want to jump from the frying pan into the fire. Ideally I want to stay in Florida because my family is here but I recognize that is it an excellent opportunty to advance even if the location is not the best.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: Opportunities in Operations
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2006, 06:40 »
I haven't worked at River Bend, but there is no fire hotter than Turkey Point!
Get everything up front from Entergy: Relocation details, step increases (if any) while in a training status, and what your pay will be after you recieve your license.
A common acquaintance that we have (he was an RO) got quite a nice package from TVA this year for an instant SRO position.

TVA has promised to increase pay to, "at least matching the lowest paid Unit Supervisor (not under disciplinary action) on the date the NRC license is received."
It would also be interesting to know what you will do until class starts.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Fermi2

« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2006, 12:33 »
You have a PM my man!

Mike

Offline flamatrix99

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2006, 04:07 »
I accepted the SRO position so we are off to moving again! :)

Offline flamatrix99

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2006, 08:14 »
Any of you BWR guys know where to get any BWR lesson plans or info to review prior to starting?

Fermi2

« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2006, 10:29 »
I can send you a CD with BWR theory lesson plans and texts via snail mail.

Mike

rcongdo

« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2009, 12:21 »
Is thier any truth to those crazy bonuses for operations department down at turkey point?  Anyone point me in the right direction, I'm doing some research!

robert.bosarge@gmail.com

« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2009, 06:24 »
I have been an NLO at Turkey Point for the last two and a half years. I was just offered an instant SRO position with Entergy at River Bend. What I was wondering does anyone have any experience with Entergy and how life is working for them?  I know how FPL is they can be very dictatorship like. I don't want to jump from the frying pan into the fire. Ideally I want to stay in Florida because my family is here but I recognize that is it an excellent opportunty to advance even if the location is not the best.
Sorry I dont have an answer for you. I have a question.  I am a Navy Nuk about to get out in March.  I was wondering if you had any contact information for future employment.  Please get back to me.

Fermi2

« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2009, 10:10 »
Don't NOT dont. And what is a Navy Nuk?

Offline Harley Rider

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2009, 11:39 »
Mike, it's the new generation of "Navy Nuks" that we, as a society, have created.  The skills of spelling and grammar are no longer important and English class is just a need to pass objective. I was never good at any of it but I do know how to use spiel chek  :P.
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2009, 11:42 by Harley Rider »
Despite inflation, a penny is still a fair price for the thoughts of many people

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2009, 12:05 »
Mike, it's the new generation of "Navy Nuks" that we, as a society, have created.  The skills of spelling and grammar are no longer important and English class is just a need to pass objective. I was never good at any of it but I do know how to use spiel chek  :P.

Did you know that kids these days, are so lazy that they don't actually LAUGH OUT LOUD anymore? They speak LOL out when they want to laugh out loud!

I learned of this horror the other day when I was playing the only game I play, Crysis, online and there was a bunch of young people in the game. I kept hearing people saying "LOL" I guess it would sound like if you said "lull" or "lawl." I asked WTF? They said "Don't you understand how when you type LOL in forum? We are just saying that?" I said "No, why don't you just, you know, LAUGH?" They said "its easier to say "lawl.""  How do you argue with logic like that?  ::)

Justin
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2009, 12:27 by JustinHEMI »

BuddyThePug

« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2009, 06:28 »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?