Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu More options than just commercial jobs
honeypot

Author Topic: More options than just commercial jobs  (Read 17073 times)

kevndale

Re: More options than just commercial jobs
« Reply #25 on: Nov 29, 2006, 04:45 »
Choosing to go commercial is like not graduating from junior high? I look at it as viewing all kinds of different options for my high school and then choosing the one that offers the best overall package. Maybe commercial nuclear power has a crappy high school that I dont want to go too.

kevin

StuckRod

Re: More options than just commercial jobs
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2007, 03:31 »
Uh no Southern Utility is paying 140K in salary to any SRO let alone a 2 year one. Total compensation might come to 140K but about 40 to 50K of that can go away at the utilities discretion.

Mike

LOL.  Maybe a SENIOR OSM....maybe.  Southern sites have a lower cost of living than say the Cali or some of the Northeast sites so the straight salary numbers aren't as high BUT those dollars go a lot further.  140K at Farley would probably make you the mayor of Dothan.

Maybe I'm in the dark on new SRO salaries, but that sounds a little high.  People need to be a little more realistic and genuine.  Regardless, the South/Southeast is still where it's at in my opinion.  Good people.  Good cost of living.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?