Facility & Company Information > Clinton

Clinton

<< < (2/10) > >>

Rad_Toy:
was there in 2002 going back in jan 2004  nice people,  plant worked your a__ off.looking forward 2 going back...

Rad_Toy:
Really liked the people and the area...outage before last was short handed..drywell/days... worked your A _ _ off..
juniors getting paid big monies, and could not respond to a PCM alarm, so when we were coming out for a smoke, they would nab us.. so much for your smoke.. time flew by...
We will be back Jan. 7th.

DJ@Retired:
Baloong Wrote:Has anybody heard what is going on at Clinton? Bartlett tells me even experienced returnee HP's (of which I am one)cannot get in for their Feb 04 outage unless they are willing to commit exclusively to Excelon for the late winter/early spring 04. I am also hearing Clinton has reduced contract HP staffing by 35 techs. Does anyone realistically believe Clinton can successfully complete an 18 day outage with 35 fewer contract HP's? I believe their previous best was their 2002 outage which was 30 some days with a full complement of contract HP's. It appears Clinton may be well on the way to becoming just another miserable Excelon plant. From a contract HP perspective, their Feb 04 outage may simply be a good one to miss. Best of luck to those who get into Clinton. Keep us posted!:
Whats going on is Bartlett is not being very honest with you. The 35 Fewer techs where never ask for. As for a commitment thats Bartlett not Exelon.

Eric_Bartlett:
Here is the story straight from the one responsible for the staffing of the Exelon system, including Clinton.  When Bartlett was awarded the Exelon contract one of the reasons was that the previous vendor had a difficult time staffing the Illinois plants.  Bartlett came in and changed things around as far staffing the system as a whole instead of individual plants.  I know that makes a lot of the techs upset because they may want to do only certain plants and not others, for that I am sorry.  After the first few seasons staffing the system as a whole instead of as individuals it was obvious from my vantage point as well as Corporate's that this was the best way to both fullfill Bartletts obligation to Exelon and to ensure that Exelon remained content with our performance, hence why the Illinois sites happen to line up with little time in between them and why they have a multiple plant incentive bonus.  In talking to corporate they have agreed that staffing the system as a whole is preffered.

As far as the the overall number of techs going into the Clinton station - what happened was that there was a failure of communication between the site and myself, for which I have accepted full responsibility, where i had a much larger number of SHP techs requested than that that was actually asked for, therefore leaving me to reduce the number of SHP techs hired by 30+.  :-/

So there be the story.  I know its of no consolation, but there it is.  Oh, one last thing - hey DJ, long time no talk to - hope your do'n well - by the sounds of it you are -  as far as the "commitment" to do more than just one exelon outage at a time as being just Bartlett thing and not an Exelon thing, unless corporate is tell'n you how they want Bartlett (namely me) to staff you may wanna check on things before you make erroneous statements.(just an idea) ;D

Eric Bartlett

DJ@Retired:
Sorry Eric, I just see things from down in our world. I forgot you do have deal with the grand fleet! ;). Glad you cleared this up! Because a lot of techs get pretty angry about there work or lack there of. As for the statement about Bartlett not being very honest. Bad choose of words. What I should have wrote was that Bartlett didn't explain things very well. Which I believed you have corrected. Eric please except my apology. It was a long late night.  DJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version