Clinton

Above Average
14 (40%)
Average
12 (34.3%)
Below Average
9 (25.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Clinton  (Read 62894 times)

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
  • Just Win Baby! Well Maybe Next Year!
Re: Clinton
« Reply #25 on: Dec 09, 2005, 11:32 »
Eric right, Looks like we are staffed, Still waiting for Bartlett to sign the labor agreement. :'( Anyone needed help with someplace to stay call the plant 217-937-3227 or Email me for help. Can't wait to see everyone. Whats on tap for jobs MSR Revane, Condensor bellows replacement, Dryer/Sep repair, RCIC RX line repair. Lots of drywell stuff. 24 days 214 Rem Est.  Everyone have a good holiday and see you in a few weeks. DJ
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

Offline Rad_Toy

• RP TECH
  • Light User
  • Lovin life on the road !!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 19, 2006, 09:41 »
with over 800 people coming in next week, inprocessing is going to be a bear..

schlaps

« Reply #27 on: Jan 20, 2006, 09:45 »
Hey dj,
hows everything back in Clinton? I miss you guys and the plant. It has always been my favorite plant of all time. Sometimes I wish I would have stayed but this weather in Mississippi is pretty nice too. Tell Dick and Moodster hi and tell Egan good win for the gators and their deep pockets with the refs! I figure they had to pay their way after the wuppin we gave them two years ago......  :P

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
  • Just Win Baby! Well Maybe Next Year!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 20, 2006, 01:56 »
Hey Slapper. We miss all you guys. I'll let everyone know you said hi. Why don't you give us a call. The outage is going to be a real test of are program. I'll let you know if we get a passing grade.  :-\ DJ
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

career nuke

« Reply #29 on: Apr 11, 2006, 08:54 »
hey all, doing some research for possible NLO instructor position in IL, multiple exelon plants.  Anyone got any info about that stuff.  Im looking for salary, work schedule, work routine, career progression, benefits etc. things like that.  please PM me if anyone has any info. 
thanks

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #30 on: Apr 14, 2006, 12:25 »
Good place to work, lots to do in Chicago.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

milo124

« Reply #31 on: Apr 29, 2007, 12:54 »
Posted some pics from a party in 91 at Clinton.  Mike Getz, Roger Rowberry and ?.  I'm thinking John Medder?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #32 on: Apr 30, 2007, 11:07 »
Posted some pics from a party in 91 at Clinton.  Mike Getz, Roger Rowberry and ?.  I'm thinking John Medder?

Oh-oh...that is the chair that ended up being the 'Throne-in-the-Fire'! 

And wasn't that the same party that they threw the keg into the fire?  And when it blew, the guards came out from the plant to say, 'WHAT THE H@$%?'?
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #33 on: Dec 24, 2007, 03:31 »
This should get you close, if you can't use the LAT and LON that we provite here on NW.

From state highway 54 (6 miles East of Clinton, IL 61727 and west of Farmer City). Turn south onto CR 1650 E (Power Road).
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2007, 09:37 by Rennhack »

Offline AS55555

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #34 on: Mar 28, 2008, 12:24 »
Does anyone have any information on recent high radiation area control problems at Clinton? Thanks

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
« Reply #35 on: Oct 24, 2009, 11:08 »
Making my first trip to Clinton in Jan 2010 to support OPs.

Anything worth doing in the immediate area, food, etc?

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #36 on: Oct 26, 2009, 03:30 »
Making my first trip to Clinton in Jan 2010 to support OPs.

Anything worth doing in the immediate area, food, etc?

Clinton is situated approximately half way between the University of Illinois and Illinois State University, and about 1/2 hour from each if you drive slow. If you can't find something to do there you are dead. There are rumors of a night club in Champagne that has hot tubs and lots of local coeds... just a rumor, of course.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #37 on: Oct 27, 2009, 09:21 »
Dirty old man.

Actually after a hot tub, one feels quite clean... probably an innacurate assessment, but it feels that way.  ;)
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

cmcintyre9

« Reply #38 on: Dec 22, 2009, 11:28 »
Where is the best place to fly into for clinton, ohare and midway are a good haul..thinking maybe springfield?  any opinions?

Thanks

vikingfan

« Reply #39 on: Dec 23, 2009, 12:19 »
bloomington is closer

vikingfan

« Reply #40 on: Dec 23, 2009, 12:20 »
although when i worked there 2 years ago i think i flew into midway

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
« Reply #41 on: Dec 23, 2009, 09:03 »
Thanks to RD for the dirty little tips.....only there for a few weeks...don't know my days off yet, but i am sure I can manage to find something to do... ;D

Offline ronl2687

• Lurker
Clinton Outage
« Reply #42 on: Oct 09, 2011, 08:44 »
Trying to find out who is staffing this outage for AOV Techs.

nunyabiz

« Reply #43 on: Oct 10, 2011, 05:32 »
Oh-oh...that is the chair that ended up being the 'Throne-in-the-Fire'! 

And wasn't that the same party that they threw the keg into the fire?  And when it blew, the guards came out from the plant to say, 'WHAT THE H@$%?'?

that would be the chair & Metter

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #44 on: Jun 02, 2016, 03:05 »
Well, this may bring the topic to the top...
Another closing nuke plant. Sad to see - it's hitting all regions except for Region 2...
I'm on my 3rd one (1 other commercial and 1 DOE, and now VY)
Looks like this industry is going the way of the video rental store - looked like it was gonna last forever...
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Chimera

« Reply #45 on: Jun 03, 2016, 06:52 »
doggoneit!  Stop going to them plants.  The one commonality seems to be you being there.  If you shut them all down what am I going to do for my retirement job?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?