Comanche Peak

Above Average
39 (75%)
Average
10 (19.2%)
Below Average
3 (5.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Comanche Peak  (Read 63025 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Comanche Peak
« on: Aug 12, 2001, 02:35 »
Don't forget to vote. Keep it civil.
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2007, 05:47 by Marlin »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Comanche Peak
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2002, 08:33 »
Talk About: Comanche Peak

csdrogin

Re: Talk About: Comanche Peak
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2003, 10:36 »
Does anyone read this?

I've recently applied for a position at CP, will need to undergo the ordeal for licensing in the civilian world for the first time. . . .
(1) Does anyone at CP use this website?
(2) Can you refer me to an RO or SRO I can speak to at the plant?

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Comanche Peak
« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:40 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re: Comanche Peak
« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2004, 08:17 »
The big drive-thru animal park (Fossil Rim?) was great!  I thought it sounded hokey, but VERY well done and I had a blast.
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

oldschool

« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2004, 10:47 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.
    Very Professional and Very Safety Minded! Clean too.

kwicslvr

« Reply #6 on: Jul 22, 2004, 10:51 »
Who here has worked at this plant?   I figure since there's never any mention of it then it must be good place to be!

yuffie_2000us

« Reply #7 on: Jul 22, 2004, 11:24 »
Worked there and loved it. Great house techs. They treat contractors very well. When I was there Wayne Mandrell was the Site Coordinator. Wayne is the best ever. There is no shortage of supplies when needed. The place is very clean. If you ever get a chance to go there, take it.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #8 on: Jul 23, 2004, 09:35 »
I never got the chance to work the site, but I worked with a few of the techs in the shared resource world.  They were all quality people and great to work with!  I think it's just a Texas thing!

Offline Llama

• License Termination Manager
  • Moderate User
  • Have you hugged a llama today?
« Reply #9 on: Jul 24, 2004, 06:04 »
I worked there for a year. Outstanding plant, outstanding people. What more can I say

red1016

« Reply #10 on: Sep 02, 2004, 11:39 »
I never got the chance to work the site, but I worked with a few of the techs in the shared resource world.  They were all quality people and great to work with!  I think it's just a Texas thing!

It is a Texas thang! And the BBQ is the best!!!

KevsHarley

« Reply #11 on: Sep 03, 2004, 02:21 »
I've worked the Peak for many outages and there is nothing but wonderful people there. The house HP Dept. is one of a kind, they get to know who you are instead of you just being a contract tech. I would have to say that it is my Favorite plant.

K.B.

kwicslvr

« Reply #12 on: Jul 08, 2005, 12:39 »
Anyone know where they post openings?  I've watched TXU corperate site for the last year and yet to of seen an opening of any type there.

Nuke Lifer

« Reply #13 on: Jul 25, 2005, 01:38 »
I work there on a long term contract. After 24 years and 40+ plants, it's the best hands down. Love the people and the area.

It is one of the biggest staffed plants. They're not hiring right now, but they are aware of the aging workforce. In 5-10 years, they'll be hiring.

reytrejo

Comanch Peak, STP help with contact info
« Reply #14 on: Apr 29, 2006, 05:08 »
Is there anyone who knows any contact information for HR or an Operations person who can be sent in a resume?  It would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2006, 05:08 by reytrejo »

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2006, 10:03 »
Does anyone have current contact info for Wayne?  email, phone number?

Thanks,
Lorrie

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2006, 10:25 »
Does anyone have current contact info for Wayne?  email, phone number?

Wayne's work # is 254-897-6899

Eric
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2006, 09:14 »
Thanks Eric!!!    ;D

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
« Reply #18 on: Jan 18, 2007, 07:42 »
Thanks, but we ended up not going. 

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 28, 2007, 06:32 »
It is a Texas thang! And the BBQ is the best!!!
Hammonds BBQ in Glen Rose is hard to beat.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

thenuttyneutron

« Reply #20 on: Jan 29, 2007, 11:49 »
I grew up in Fort Worth and miss Texas very much.  I see that Comanche Peak is hiring NLO.  Does anyone know the pay rate for a NLO there?  Will they also be looking for instant SROs soon?

Offline Longhornfan

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #21 on: Mar 05, 2007, 10:39 »
If anyone who frequents this board works at CP I would appreciate a pm or email...I have a specific question that does not need to take up space on this board.  Thanks in advance.

Offline fritzon

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #22 on: Mar 05, 2007, 03:12 »
Great people, friendly area, clean plant, safety minded, 'git 'er dun' and smile doing it is their attitude.  Decent pay, avg. p.diem, and they will always tell you the truth, best they know it.  Wayne Mandrel is the current site coordinator, and he is one of the best I have worked for. 
Those who will not defend their freedom, have no right to live in a free society.

kristopher

« Reply #23 on: Jul 10, 2007, 04:14 »
Posted this in the local info, but might as well post it here too.

Anyone know the hiring cycles at Comanche Peak? I'm getting out of the Navy in January and I'd just like to see what options I have in the Texas area. I'm also going ot be looking at the STP, but Comanche Peak area would be closer to home for me.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #24 on: Jul 10, 2007, 04:28 »
Welcome to NukeWorker.com.

One of the things we ask of our users is to not post the same message (or question) in multiple areas... find the most appropriate topic and post there. For this question, you have found the appropriate place (here.) I deleted the duplicate entry in the 'local info' area... that is for specific information about the area (lodging, activities, etc.) I would also request that you review the forum rules (you have not violated any, but I recommend that for all new users.) you can find a link to the rules at the bottom of each page.

Again, welcome. I think you will probably get the answer you are looking for and a lot more information here.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?