Career Path > Security, FFD

Would anyone be willing to discuss a security clearance issue via PM?

<< < (2/2)

RDTroja:
Believe it or not, the credit issues could pose more of a problem than the misdemeanors. As has been said often on this site, be open and honest and most of these issues can be overcome. Explanations are acccepted and can go a long way.

Good luck. And welcome to Nukeworker.com.

random2708:

--- Quote from: RDTroja on Nov 17, 2006, 09:44 ---Believe it or not, the credit issues could pose more of a problem than the misdemeanors. As has been said often on this site, be open and honest and most of these issues can be overcome. Explanations are acccepted and can go a long way.

Good luck. And welcome to Nukeworker.com.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the welcome.

The honest approach goes without saying.  It wouldn't make much sense to get an ideal job, then be looking over your shoulder all the time.

How do most of the corporate screenings work?  After you return the paperwork, do the access folks come back and query you about the 'black marks'?  Or are you better off trying to include a cover letter with your explanation of the items?

Is getting badged for an inhouse position any more difficult than that of a contractor postion?

Alpha and Dillie  thanks for the encouragement. 

Anyone else have comments?  I'll take the bad as well as I'm trying to stay real while I stay optimistic.

Roll Tide:
About that honesty thing... It is unlikely that you need to discuss it in your interview or in your resume. It will have to come up on your security clearance application. At many plants, that is after they have already offered you the job. Getting the security clearance is kind of like getting the medical clearance: the people conducting the interviews for the job assume everyone will pass.

Make sure you have a little black book where you have documented everything you mentioned here. It wouldn't be a bad idea to check your own police report to see if there is anything else you should list.

Omitted items are the big red danger flag for security at commercial nukes. A former co-worker lost his job because of a discrepancy over how he left a previous employer. (If they said "You're fired!", and you replied, "No, I quit" you had best mention that exact detail.) A discrepancy either way over whether you quit or were fired can be deemed important.

Regarding your credit report: I assume you accept the accuracy of the report; I believe you can still have a statement put in your credit report explaining the situation. This is not a requirement, but a possibility.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version