Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu PS3 issues with HDMI

Author Topic: PS3 issues with HDMI  (Read 1457 times)

thenuttyneutron

PS3 issues with HDMI
« on: Nov 18, 2006, 03:14 »
I bought a PS3 with the intent to load Linux on it an have my next new computer.  If it is not broke, do not fix it!  I upgraded the firmware and the TV and PS3 now can not communicate.  I can still use the SD method, but I want no part of that. 

While in school I used to go to the computer labs in the middle of the night to boot up Beowulf clusters using the mass number of unused pcs and the fast LAN.  I could run these codes for school work alot faster than I could at home.  It once took me almost a week of running code on a single PC to get useful results! Run it on the cluster and you might finish your first cup of coffee before going home.  I want to see what this 204 Gflops, 2.08 Tflops with the graphics chips, monster can do! 

I had plans to run some of my older neutronics codes on this beast of a super computer called the Playstation 3 and push it hard.  I wish I could get a hold of Monte Carlo and redo some of the labs I did in school.  Raytracer and a photo enhancments software from a russian is next.

For any real reactor engineers out there, and not just a operator like me :) , let me know if you would ever try to use the PS3 to run core code.  I would also like to hear about the results of your experiences.

« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2006, 10:52 by Nutty Neutron »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?