Fort Calhoun

Above Average
32 (72.7%)
Average
5 (11.4%)
Below Average
7 (15.9%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Fort Calhoun  (Read 105170 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Fort Calhoun
« on: Aug 12, 2001, 02:38 »
Don't forget to vote. Keep it civil.
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2007, 06:08 by Marlin »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Fort Calhoun
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2002, 08:00 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Offline Rad_Toy

• RP TECH
  • Light User
  • Lovin life on the road !!
Re: Rate Fort Calhoun
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2003, 08:19 »
was there done that..... great people.... super!  supervision.. love 2 go back.. needs 2 fit in..............
Ken Sreel  RPS  good people  ///all RP's try it out
    Kenny B.   &  Sue

Offline DecommMan

• Leave the Decommissioning to us.
  • Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2003, 08:03 »
Good down to earth people.
Decomm Man

Offline St Raphael

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2003, 09:56 »
=D  =D Very personable place to work: RP department took positive steps to praise and congratulate the work group on a daily basis. They were easy to work with and for, motivated all workers to exceptional personal performance, and celebrated successes daily. They listened to others, and put people before goals by showing generosity and compassion. They possessed a high level of communication.

The RPM/RPS Ken Steel, had strong character with charisma.  He and his team were dynamic and uncompromising in their fundamental beliefs, striving for excellence in themselves and their team, and others. They exhibited humor in situations, and knew how to have fun. They did what they said they’re going to and followed through with promises.  A GREAT PLANT TO WORK!!!
"Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, Not because they never found it, But because they didn't stop to enjoy it."  -- William Faulkner (1897-1962)

workinman

« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2003, 08:59 »
Minor correction:  Mark Puckett is the RPM and Ted Maine is the RP OPS sup.

Offline St Raphael

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2003, 06:56 »
Minor correction:  Mark Puckett is the RPM and Ted Maine is the RP OPS sup.

Thanks, workinman,  ???I couldn't remember the RPM's name, Mark Puckett.   =D
"Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, Not because they never found it, But because they didn't stop to enjoy it."  -- William Faulkner (1897-1962)

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2003, 08:56 »
=D  =D Very personable place to work: RP department took positive steps to praise and congratulate the work group on a daily basis. They were easy to work with and for, motivated all workers to exceptional personal performance, and celebrated successes daily. They listened to others, and put people before goals by showing generosity and compassion. They possessed a high level of communication.

The RPM/RPS Ken Steel, had strong character with charisma.  He and his team were dynamic and uncompromising in their fundamental beliefs, striving for excellence in themselves and their team, and others. They exhibited humor in situations, and knew how to have fun. They did what they said they’re going to and followed through with promises.  A GREAT PLANT TO WORK!!!

Been awhile since I worked there, but I agree, a good place to work. There was one funny/not funny instance with a lead (Terry Thompson) using a radio to warn the containment entrance control point that the NRC was coming in for a tour (D.R.D.R.F.D.)and the NRC guy heard it over the open channel loud and clear!! :P
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

Offline Hasher

• Light User
  • Livin' the dream...
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2003, 12:00 »
I always had great times there.  I once got invited to dinner with a plant VP.  We told the establishment it was his birthday.  Hilarity ensued.  He took it all like a champ.  Great place, great peeps.
Cheers,

Hasher

bodyburden

Re: Fort Calhoun
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2004, 11:47 »
". . .Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name . . . "

There's a special place in my heart for Fort Kaboom! Those folks know how to treat people from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave, and they still keep in touch after the outage!  The leadership is open and honest, treats you like part of the team, values and encourages input, and SUPPORTS technicians in the field.  And, they don't act like it's Refuel 1;  they have a plan and work it with no B.S.  Lots of food and fun too!  This is the only place where I 've sat with the plant manager and the VP on a break at midnight, and was treated like an equal by both;  that's just the way it is there.  There is no better place for a road tech.

Sunshine1, we had fun at Kaboom.  Also at PI, smoking out in the COLD weather.  I miss ya!.  Went house, but if I see you here, we'll play some pool. . . .

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Fort Calhoun
« Reply #10 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:41 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

LaFeet

« Reply #11 on: Mar 13, 2006, 06:28 »
Hello all... I need help with current lodging information for the fall outage.

Looking for a nearby furnished house or apartment with at least two bedrooms.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

BuddyThePug

« Reply #12 on: Apr 06, 2006, 02:20 »
Does anyone know what the starting wage is on Aux Operators is for Ft. Calhoun?

workinman

« Reply #13 on: Apr 07, 2006, 08:56 »
$24.94/hr to start!  Following certification I think it tops out at about 30/hr.

LaFeet

« Reply #14 on: Apr 07, 2006, 10:00 »
How about for HPs ???

LaFeet

« Reply #15 on: Apr 07, 2006, 10:08 »
OMG  now I really wanna try out this place.....hope I make the cut this fall. :D

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #16 on: Apr 09, 2006, 08:24 »
I went to Kaboom about 4-5 years ago to do a refueling outage(the first time they ever contracted the refuel),What a nightmare that was.The old union-nonunion thing reared it's ugly head.We were set up to fail every chance the union boy's got a chance,i.e.ask them for advice on how they did things in the past and they would give you bogus info.Alas, the last 3 refuels there have gotting better and better every year.The site guy's (union) are the best in the industry,very helpful and accomodating and generally great guys and gals.It's my favorite site and I always look forward to going there.The HP's are the best also.And Omaha is a great city to hang out in.
Call Before You Dig!

workinman

« Reply #17 on: Apr 10, 2006, 10:31 »
Senior RP Techs (House)  ~$28/hr start, following training and shift quals---$32/hr

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #18 on: Jun 05, 2006, 08:44 »
Bechtel is doing the replacement.
There are the Habs, and the Hab nots.

workinman

« Reply #19 on: Jun 05, 2006, 09:24 »
     First of all, an apology for the Micky D's comment, it was just some light humor!  The few of us (ex-road techs) here are continually on the side of the contract work force as we know what it was like to be out there!  The WTL issue has reared it's head here every outage but I believe there are some union implications that prevent it from being erradicated.  FTC management has always been supportive of the contract HP's that help us out and the new RPM continues that philosophy.  It also helps that we have an ex-Bartlett coordinator as an RP supervisor, he has been very instrumental getting the pay increased and initiating what bonus there is!  This is a huge outage for FTC and just like all the others; pay, WTL, bonus issues, it's always a battle!  We very much welcome and support the experience of the road techs and I can promise you that those of here that have been on the road do not forget where we came from and we will try to make it a pleasant stay for you, even if you have to live in Blair! :)

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #20 on: Jun 05, 2006, 09:53 »
For those of you who have never been to FTC..all the above mentioned issues are minimal compared to working at the plant...You get treated way above average & the House techs are really cool to work with...i was invited and would have gone to the outage too...but....anyway, it should be a good time! If you can get in, GO!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #21 on: Jun 05, 2006, 11:45 »
I think they are from Blair.  Just kidding!    :-*

tonynuke

« Reply #22 on: Jul 05, 2006, 12:32 »
Okay fellow techies....where ya'll stayin for the Ft. Calhoun SGR this fall?  I know Candlewood Suites are good, any other furnished apts to be found.  Lookin forward to seein ya'll again!

highiron17

Re: Fort Calhoun Contracts
« Reply #23 on: Jul 16, 2006, 09:06 »
Bechtel has the contract for the upcoming SGRP.

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
Re: Fort Calhoun Contracts
« Reply #24 on: Jul 17, 2006, 01:22 »
Master-Lee has the Refueling contract. (724) 539-8060 John Smolleck
Call Before You Dig!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?