Fort Calhoun

Above Average
32 (72.7%)
Average
5 (11.4%)
Below Average
7 (15.9%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Fort Calhoun  (Read 105172 times)

highiron17

Re: Fort Calhoun
« Reply #25 on: Jul 30, 2006, 02:22 »
Econolodge Blair NE Ill be there the 23rd of Aug As a Ironworker From Local 17 Cleveland Ohio
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2006, 02:23 by highiron17 »

Offline Rad_Toy

• RP TECH
  • Light User
  • Lovin life on the road !!
« Reply #26 on: Oct 15, 2006, 11:14 »
Have not heard anything about how the replacements are going...  How about an up-date..

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #27 on: Oct 15, 2006, 04:46 »
Right now the outage is approx. 7 days ahead.  It seems everyday they gain 12 hrs.  It took 30 hrs to line up the RCS  hot and cold legs on the 2nd S/G and somehow they GAINED 14 hrs !!!   It looks like layoffs will be sooner than I hoped but overall this is a great place to work.  Oh by the way Bechtel is 1000 times better than SGT for those who care.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Laning

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #28 on: Oct 16, 2006, 11:27 »
For what its worth, you won't find a better place to work than Ft Calhoun. I haven't been there in many years, but I'm sure the core group of house techs/management hasnt changed all that much overr the years. By far the best plant I ever worked!!

BTW...if someone would be willing to give CJ King a big bear hug on my behalf it would be greatly appreciated!!

Eric
If you're gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough

RADBASTARD

« Reply #29 on: Oct 17, 2006, 05:06 »
I think we are about 8 days ahead of schedule.They always seem to be getting ahead in hours even with all the redo's and line ups.
BECHTEL seems to be kicking ass and it isn't good for the techs making cash.
Eric I have to agree the house people are great here.

That Mike Pope is the greatest tech I have ever worked with!
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2006, 06:53 by RadBastard »

lowlrc

« Reply #30 on: Oct 18, 2006, 01:28 »
Is The Limit still in business???

usetobe

« Reply #31 on: Oct 18, 2006, 10:44 »
Eric, C.J doesn't work here anymore, So is there anyone else you'd like to lavish affection on?

The Limit has been gone for at least 15 years,  There has been 5 or 6 restuarants in the building that have all failed.  But alas!  I noticed the building has a "sold" sign out front so who knows, maybe a new Limit will rise from the ashes.  Take it to the Limit one more time!!!

Offline Laning

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #32 on: Oct 19, 2006, 02:04 »
Drifter,

Thanks anyway. I know I was asking for a lot in having someone wrapp their arms around CJ!! In an effort to make it somewhat enjoyable...Rita would be a much better choice if she's still there? Maybe Paul Christensen?

BTW...do I know you?

lowlrc

« Reply #33 on: Oct 19, 2006, 02:52 »
maybe a new Limit will rise from the ashes.  Take it to the Limit one more time!!!
Let's hope so.. That was a good bar, the "Hot Spot" in town..  I remember one night Jerry(can't recall his last name) took a few smears on the bar foot rail  and counted them the next day. Oh yes there were hot indeed I remember the Longhorn was cool too
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2006, 02:55 by lowlrc »

Offline Laning

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #34 on: Oct 19, 2006, 02:58 »
The Longhorn??? I seem to remember 2 bars in the town of Ft. Calhoun, one on either side of the road...am I close?

Offline Duke Nuker

• Retired Radiation Protection and Emergency Preparedness
  • Moderate User
  • Currently Fly Fishing
« Reply #35 on: Oct 19, 2006, 03:16 »
I always enjoyed FTC.  I liked it so much I lived there (in Blair) for three years.  I thought then and I still think those house techs are the best anywhere.  I have not seen anyone from those days in a long time.  Comes with a house job I guess.  And yes Mr. Laning, I always knew you had a thing for CJ. (HA)

Later

Jeff
Is it time for coffee yet?

Offline Laning

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #36 on: Oct 19, 2006, 03:25 »
Yea, it was something about the way he strapped on those glasses that did something to me! :-)

Hope you're doing well Jeff!!
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2006, 03:27 by Laning »

usetobe

« Reply #37 on: Oct 19, 2006, 10:33 »
Ok I'll hug Rita,  But no way on Paul Christensen!

Yes the Longhorn is still open in Fort Calhoun, also the Rustic across the street.  Blair? had a hotspot?  come on!!!!    Are we talking socially or radiologically, here?
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2006, 11:52 by Hi Rad Drifter »

RADBASTARD

« Reply #38 on: Oct 20, 2006, 07:02 »
I think we are about 2 weeks ahead of schedule now its unreal.
Their are alot of techs worrying about not making the money here.We may chop 3 weeks off this outage and most techs think that sux.

I think we are ahead just because Mike Pope is the greatest tech,he single handely knocked days off the outage with his super job coverage.
They are very lucky to have him working here.

Oh and ERIC -  GO    E-A-G-L-E-S   EAGLES
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2006, 07:03 by RadBastard »

workinman

« Reply #39 on: Oct 20, 2006, 07:49 »
Are you talking about Mike "The JEDI PIMP" Pope?

lowlrc

« Reply #40 on: Oct 20, 2006, 02:48 »
Radiologically of course

usetobe

« Reply #41 on: Oct 20, 2006, 09:25 »
Well I'm sure those good house techs at FCS got any radiological hot spots cleaned up by now!  The only other hot spot I can remember in Blair is when the bowling alley burned down.

stewdill

« Reply #42 on: Oct 26, 2006, 04:26 »
I love Fort Calhoun. I was sad not to make it this fall but it happens. All the RP's there are great and I would go back anytime. Melissa

Offline nothinbuttrouble

• SR HP TECH
  • Light User
  • I love being a professional babysitter!!!
« Reply #43 on: Oct 26, 2006, 04:56 »
i would have to say fort calhoun is very nice place to work.   i will have to agree that the place treats you very well.  the house tech are good to work with.  i am here doing the sgrp and i will be sad when our time comes to an end.  have met alot of wonderful people for the most part.  i have made alot of new friends hopefully will work with them again very soon.  i will have to add the little bar tucked in the corner THE FORGOT STORE has given me alot of memories.  it wont be long and we will be done and everyone goes there own way and hope they have a safe trip.  im glad i made it here this fall.   cannot wait til the next sgrp somewhere.  hopefully comanche peak but that will be tough to get in with. 

Offline lauriema19

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #44 on: Oct 28, 2006, 03:02 »
 :-*

Hey Guys, how is SGRP going so far?  I heard it is almost over and a head of schedule.  I am sad because I did not make your outage.  I missed alot of good people this year and looking forward to seeing everyone again when I get back on the road soon.  Missed my good fellow techs and road buddies. 
Fort Calhoun is one of the best place I love to go to.  People are very nice and of course the RP department.

Laurie

workinman

« Reply #45 on: Oct 28, 2006, 06:17 »
Come on back girl!  We could always use a good S/G tech!

The outage is going well, Bechtel has finished their critical path work and now the fun begins!  Last report was about 12 days ahead of schedule and under the dose goal but most importantly, under the budget!  Lots of $$$ being spent in "Corn County" for this one!  We've really had a good group of techs this outage and it has helped us tremendously.

PK

Offline lauriema19

• Light User
« Reply #46 on: Oct 29, 2006, 11:07 »
Hello PK,

Sorry, I could not make it this time.  I have heard a great deal about your SGR outage!!  Tell, all my buddies at Ft. Calhoun HELLO....miss you guys..

Laurie

RADBASTARD

« Reply #47 on: Oct 31, 2006, 07:22 »
This is a great place to work and the people are great,but we are way ahead of schedule techs making less money.
We maybe losing time because they seem to have some real issues with the new head.It could be the monkey wrench????

Can't wait to see who has the best costume on for holloween tonight.Some don't even need to dress up they are already scary.
Just kidding don't everybody get all P.C. on me!

Happy Holloween

LaFeet

« Reply #48 on: Mar 11, 2007, 03:17 »
We maybe losing time because they seem to have some real issues with the new head.It could be the monkey wrench????

I have to agree with ya.  After trying to "sneak" in for years, I found out why people really love to work this plant.   I can not believe that there is any place better to work.    Sure they got ahead of schedule (heck.....That just lets RadBastard and the missus out early for the summer below the equator), but I managed to be held on to the very end.   Made a nice Christmas, pay and home in time.......

I look forward to the next outage here.   Got to finsh my 5th World Beer tour.
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2007, 03:21 by LaFeet »

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
« Reply #49 on: Aug 03, 2007, 04:09 »
I am told that plants only hire for NLO positions once a year, form up classes and commence qual processes. If this is true what time of year does Fort Calhoun usualy have their NLO classes start?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?