Fort Calhoun

Above Average
32 (72.7%)
Average
5 (11.4%)
Below Average
7 (15.9%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Fort Calhoun  (Read 105173 times)

highiron17

Re: Fort Calhoun
« Reply #50 on: Nov 17, 2007, 06:58 »
Just wondered when the next outage is?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #51 on: Nov 20, 2007, 11:27 »

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #52 on: Feb 14, 2008, 12:28 »
Are Fort Calhoun's plant operators NLO,RO,or SRO union?

LaFeet

« Reply #53 on: Apr 10, 2008, 07:02 »
Any openings out there??? I somehow got left off the list for returnees.....evena fter I got a call from Calhoun asking why I did not want to return....

buffaloslobber

Is Ft. Calhoun a good place to work?
« Reply #54 on: Apr 11, 2008, 10:04 »
I'm interested in the Ft. Calhoun area, but what is the plant like?  Does OPPD take decent care of their employees?  Do they put most people on 4 tens or 5 eights?

RADBASTARD

« Reply #55 on: Apr 12, 2008, 02:56 »
if your an hp sorry its staffed

Offline elwood

• Moderate User
« Reply #56 on: Apr 12, 2008, 10:20 »
I am just coming in as an operator and they have taken great care of me so far.  Seems to be a great plant to work at.

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
« Reply #57 on: Apr 12, 2008, 07:21 »
If you where to make an educated guess (or look into your crystal ball) would any of you think that Fort Calhoun will be hiring ops personnel around this time next year?

justatech

Re: Is Ft. Calhoun a good place to work?
« Reply #58 on: Apr 13, 2008, 11:13 »
I'm interested in the Ft. Calhoun area, but what is the plant like?  Does OPPD take decent care of their employees?  Do they put most people on 4 tens or 5 eights?

I worked a couple of outages there as a contractor and thought the people at the plant were professional and very welcoming to a contractor. It is a very friendly plant. Therefore I think you would be treated just the same if you were hired in house.

I stayed in Blair for the outages, small town a few miles from the plant. The people were great, they actually liked the contractors - business owners and residents alike. Everyone knows everyone in this town, which is nice because they seemed to always look out for each other, even us out of towners.

As for the hours at the plant during run time, I am not sure, hopefully someone from Ft Calhoun will post something for you. Good Luck.

LaFeet

« Reply #59 on: Apr 14, 2008, 05:58 »
if your an hp sorry its staffed

Yeah, found out the HARD way after being told I was going..... then there's no report date or slot for me now.  Guess I just aint good enough anymore.... :'(

RADBASTARD

« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2008, 09:29 »
This seems to be the outage that will never end! We haven't even started refueling yet.
It is good for our wallets though ca-ching.
We are having a kick ass pot luck tonight.

All the containment techs have learned so much from joyce wade.

And one of our tech's affectionatly known as the "CHI WAWA BITCH" just can't play nice with the high rad boundry guards so she got booted to the penalty box with the rest of out spoken  containment techs.

We are just one big happy family here.

ALOTA LOVE GOING ON AROUND HERE.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 11:08 by RadBastard »

LaFeet

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2008, 09:23 »
Ok Roma   hows it going now ???

Offline lauriema19

• Light User
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2008, 05:13 »
Hey Romo how's the glorified techs doing at Fort Calhoun? Yeah! you know who they are...is Ron Keaton still around there? Could not make it there. That's okay..is all great... :-* 8)

RADBASTARD

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2008, 06:12 »
Ron's still here,romo and kadja's still here, Bev and chris,and dave byers,cyres,jack s. I think that maybe it for the wolf creek techs.All the rest left and we maybe finnished this week? wish you could have made it here.
Hey Romo how's the glorified techs doing at Fort Calhoun? Yeah! you know who they are...is Ron Keaton still around there? Could not make it there. That's okay..is all great... :-* 8)

tonynuke

« Reply #64 on: Jun 12, 2008, 07:53 »
I hope everyone made it home okay!  Two seniors and five decon left, might get to start up later this week.  Good working with you RadBastard and everyone else.  Have a great summer!

Offline lauriema19

• Light User
« Reply #65 on: Jun 14, 2008, 01:18 »
So, Fort Calhoun outage is finally done...I could not make it there for the outage...Hey everyone, have a great summer, see you guys along the way.....Laurie 8)

workinman

« Reply #66 on: Jun 17, 2008, 12:28 »
Yes it's true, after a long and strenuous outage, it looks like it's finally over!  Supposed to close breakers today.  Wish you could of made it here Laurie!  Kudos to all your fellow Bartlett techs that stuck with us through the outage!  It was a pretty rough one but they hung in there, we couldn't have done it without their dedication.
                                                                              PK

Offline lauriema19

• Light User
« Reply #67 on: Jun 18, 2008, 05:55 »
 8)  See you on the next one PK.....Have a great summer!!  Thank you...

jdpierce

Fort Calhoun, NE
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2009, 05:57 »
Does anyone have any insight into wether the position of auxiliary operators at the Fort Calhoun station has been filled?  Any assistance is appreciated, thank you.

Offline elwood

• Moderate User
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2009, 08:09 »
Yes they have filled the openings for this hiring cycle. 

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #70 on: Jun 02, 2011, 11:31 »
Any update available on the situation at Fort Calhoun in regards to the rising flood waters?

That's Oahe Dam's spillway near Pierre, S.D. taken a few days ago. 75,000 cfs is roughly 500K gallons per second  being added down the Mighty Mo'. There is plenty more melting Rocky Mountain snowpack coming.
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2011, 01:04 by HydroDave63 »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #71 on: Jun 13, 2011, 06:03 »
National Weather Service - Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service

Omaha to possibly get another 1.5 feet in the next week ...

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=oax&gage=omhn1&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1%22

Media updates story boating up the new "access road"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?