Hatch

Above Average
17 (43.6%)
Average
12 (30.8%)
Below Average
10 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Hatch (Edwin I. Hatch)  (Read 51595 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Hatch (Edwin I. Hatch)
« on: Jul 22, 2001, 07:06 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

5 rooms in two private homes within 1.5 miles of Plant Hatch. One of the homes is near the river. Very nice place to stay and less than a motel room in Baxley. Contact Patsy @ 912-367-3411
Ken, a security guard at hatch w/ trailers for rent 75-150 /wk 912-367-1149.
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2005, 05:00 by Camella Black »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Hatch (Edwin I. Hatch)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:27 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2006, 08:55 by Rennhack »

philpatton

Re: Talk About: Hatch
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2003, 08:27 »
Worked an outage for them last year.  Great group of valve techs.  I swear they didn’t have any place to rig off of.

goo

« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2003, 04:47 »
AW...Hatch.  What fond memories.  "Yosimite Sam" (Site Coord) verbally harassing you, 12-hrs on the doors, the "good-old-boy" southern hospitality, "Hair-Lip" providing positive re-enforcement, Hatch a place I shant forget and hope to return.

Brian_E

« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2003, 08:48 »
Only worked there once, would not go back. Hopefully things are better with Dorsey Smith retired. Plant manager was a very "colorful" character at the time. RP was pretty much universally hated on site and ignored whenever possible. Was also my introduction to sub-human bechtelites, not sure whether they grew them in the swamp or in-bred them.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Hatch
« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:40 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

hezabear

Re: Hatch
« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2004, 07:33 »
 8) Its got to be Benton Lees for steak. Largest steaks in the south.

Doc_REM

« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2005, 07:15 »
was I at the same plant?
you need to be there to ubder stand!
Dorsey had HIS way,,and if you ubderstood was GREAT to work for!!
now part of the Ga. mafia in tenn!

LaFeet

« Reply #8 on: Mar 20, 2006, 03:48 »
8) Its got to be Benton Lees for steak. Largest steaks in the south.

Are they still open?  It has been years.  For anyone I may work with down there...the navy base has outstanding (and oh so inexpensive) steaks that I would be more than happy to purchase for a cookout.....  hope to make it over there soon...

Offline KEVIO

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Hatch 1 staffing
« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2006, 04:23 »
Does anyone know who is staffing the Hatch 1 outage that is supposed to happen in December?

whitekkevin

« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2006, 11:36 »
Just wondering if you ever found out who is staffing the outage?

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
Hatch
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2007, 11:52 »
Heading to Hatch in a couple of weeks, probably should have posted this a bit earlier.  Anyone have and experiences to share?  Good, Bad, Ugly.

Also would like to hear about the area.  Thanks!
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline cairnit

• Moderate User
  • I love my job........
« Reply #12 on: Jan 17, 2007, 07:24 »
Small town, nearest good mall is a trip to savannah (90 miles), otherwise I think there is one in Waycross. The Walmart is in Vidallia along with most of the motels. I usually stayed in a mobile home at lake Tara. Not much to do on the day off.

As far as the plant goes, I liked it alot. On nightshift we ordered out alot. There is a cafateria on site and you can always count on having Fried Chicken if nothing else.

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #13 on: Jan 17, 2007, 09:42 »
That all sounds fine to me, thanks.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2007, 11:16 »
http://www.baxley.org/site/

Hey if you like to fish, this is a great place for it! Also take the time to drive over to Savannah, its well worth a it. I recommend taking the trolley tour and taking a stroll along the river and River Street. If you go in the am, stop at Huey's Restaurant located below the River Street Inn for the beignet's.

LaFeet

Re: Hatch (Edwin I. Hatch)
« Reply #15 on: Apr 16, 2007, 02:33 »
I gotta go to this place.... gator tail and grits for breakfast, mullet and shrimp for lunch and oysters and beer for dinner.........mmmmmmmmmm

NC Bound

« Reply #16 on: Apr 16, 2007, 06:05 »
Worked Hatch for several years in the early 80's.  Good ole Dorsey.  If you played his game he was Ok to work for and with.  If not you paid the price.  Had some really bad foreman but some great supervisors.  Tech's were great.  Remember sucking resin from every orifice in the place.  Worked with some great people.  The Webster man, Dale "oconee", The Squires fellow, Little Man Rodney, and the rest.  Picked up a lot of dose but really enjoyed the work.

McBride

« Reply #17 on: Aug 04, 2008, 06:07 »
How are the negotiations going over there?

Offline rockchalk99

• Very Lite User
« Reply #18 on: Apr 05, 2010, 02:19 »
Any full-time Hatch Ops or Maint folks frequent this site? Just received an offer and I've started to look for a rental, but so far I've had problems finding much. What is the best route to take to find a rental apt/house in the area? Newspaper?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #19 on: Sep 04, 2010, 10:23 »
Power Reactor Event Number: 46227
Facility: HATCH
Region: 2 State: GA
Unit: [ ] [2] [ ]
RX Type: [1] GE-4,[2] GE-4
NRC Notified By: BILL DUVALL
HQ OPS Officer: DONALD NORWOOD  Notification Date: 09/02/2010
Notification Time: 23:45 [ET]
Event Date: 09/02/2010
Event Time: 22:50 [EDT]
Last Update Date: 09/03/2010 
Emergency Class: UNUSUAL EVENT
10 CFR Section:
50.72(a) (1) (i) - EMERGENCY DECLARED
 Person (Organization):
EUGENE GUTHRIE (R2DO)
JEFFERY GRANT (IRD)
MIKE CHEOK (NRR)
BILL FLINTER (DHS)
GENE CENUPP (FEMA)

Unit SCRAM Code RX CRIT Initial PWR Initial RX Mode Current PWR Current RX Mode
2 N Y 100 Power Operation 100 Power Operation

Event Text

NOTIFICATION OF UNUSUAL EVENT DECLARED DUE TO HIGH WATER LEVEL IN THE RCIC INSTRUMENT SUMP

"This is a one-hour report for the discovery of a condition that met an emergency action level (EAL) for a Notification of Unusual Event (NOUE). EAL HU1 - Natural and Destructive Phenomena Affecting the Protected Area Threshold Value 6 states: 'Exceeding Max Normal Operating Values specified in EOP 31EO-EOP-014-1(2) SC - Secondary Containment Control Table 5 Secondary Containment Operation Water Levels.'

"On September 2, 2010 Plant Hatch Unit 2, as part of an on-going RCIC [Reactor Core Isolation Cooling] system outage, was restoring a tagout which un-isolated the CST [Condensate Storage Tank] from the RCIC system. The shift crew received several alarms in a short period of time for RCIC Northwest Diagonal Instrument Sump levels culminating with receiving the RCIC N-W DIAG INSTRSUMP LVL HIGH HIGH HIGH alarm at 2240. There was a report of water on the floor of the diagonal and 2E51-FV005 (a vent valve on the discharge of the barometric condensate pump) was identified as the source. The shift crew closed 2E51-F010 [suction isolation valve to the CST] to isolate the CST from the RCIC system. The Shift Manager declared an NOUE at 2250 for HU-1 Natural and Destructive Phenomena Affecting the Protected Area. At 2255 the Triple High alarm cleared."

Plant personnel have visually confirmed that the sump level has been pumped down to normal level. The water level in the RCIC room did not rise to a level such that any equipment was adversely affected. Plant Hatch notified the following agencies: Georgia EMA, Appling County EMA, Jeff Davis County EMA, Tattnall County EMA, and Toombs County EMA.

At the time of this notification, exit criteria for exiting the NOUE had been met and Hatch personnel were in the process of officially terminating the NOUE. The licensee will notify the NRC Resident Inspector.

* * * UPDATE FROM BILL DUVALL TO DONALD NORWOOD AT 0022 EDT ON 9/3/2010 * * *

The licensee officially terminated the NOUE at 0013 EDT on 9/3/2010.

bigblackford

Positions at Plant hatch
« Reply #20 on: Sep 19, 2010, 03:40 »
I applied fo the nuclear tech position and the soit position at hatch in the past month. How long does it usually take before they let you know if you are goin to test or not. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #21 on: Sep 27, 2010, 03:13 »
just remember.....

rust permeates this organization  ;)

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #22 on: Sep 28, 2010, 07:40 »
rust permeates this organization ;)

permeation can be painful
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

Offline Contract SRO

• Moderate User
« Reply #23 on: Sep 29, 2010, 07:42 »
just remember.....

rust permeates this organization  ;)

What kind of experiences do you have with the organization?

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #24 on: Sep 29, 2010, 03:15 »
Sounds like you were on the receiving end.     >:( 

TRUST me I am fully permeated.  :)
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?