Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Viewing Nukeworker  

Author Topic: Viewing Nukeworker  (Read 2225 times)

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
Viewing Nukeworker
« on: Nov 21, 2006, 10:54 »
Perhaps a stupid question but....  I can accesss the nukeworker website from everywhere but my home computer.  I get a website not found message.  I was able to access it from home up until the last couple of weeks.  I also recently (not sure if before or after problem started) installed latest version outlook.  As best I can tell none of my other favorites will not connect.  Any ideas on what the problem is or how to fix?
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
Re: Viewing Nukeworker
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2006, 12:45 »
sounds like a browser issue......can always try updating or switching to firefox.  will anything else connect such as web aps like yahoo or msn?

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2006, 12:56 »
It may be browser but I can get to yahoo and msn. I'm wondering if it may have something to do with my ISP.  Something about the way they are set up got me locked out of yahoo websites for a while. 

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2006, 01:12 »
is it dial up or bb? do you have a firewall?

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2006, 01:38 »
it is a wireless system.  Faster than dial up but not as quick as cable.  I talked to my ISP a bit ago and they said to reboot the wireless modem to get a new address and try again.  Maybe that will help

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2006, 01:51 »
hope so if not either IM or PM me

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2006, 04:11 »
Well reseting modem didn't help.  I guess my next off day will be on phone with ISP.  It seems to affect all the computers at my house but I can log on from other places.  Its very strange.  Could wireless router be messing up?  I've reset it as well with no change.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2006, 07:11 »
Could wireless router be messing up?  I've reset it as well with no change.

See if the manufacturer has an update (or patch) for your router. I had some odd problems with my router. After spending days with ISP tech support (OK, days for me and the hold music, minutes for the tech!) the update fixed the problem.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2006, 08:42 »
I finally got everything sorted out.  I finally got hold of help desk with my local ISP.  They told me that there had been a problem with spam and some servers had either gotten blocked or were blocking my ISP(not really clear which) within 5 minutes they had fixed it.  Good to be able to reconnect again

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Nov 29, 2006, 09:12 »
Thank you for updating us.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?