Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Lisa Rennhack honeypot

Author Topic: Lisa Rennhack  (Read 55834 times)

RNN

Re: Lisa Rennhack
« Reply #25 on: Nov 25, 2006, 05:00 »
My prayers are with you and your family Mike.

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #26 on: Nov 25, 2006, 01:25 »
In our thoughts and prayers. 

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #27 on: Nov 26, 2006, 08:38 »
Mike:
She and your entire family will be in our prayers daily.  We ask the Lord to guide the hands of the doctor and give this child the wonder of hearing.
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #28 on: Nov 27, 2006, 11:50 »
keeping yinz in prayer.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #29 on: Nov 27, 2006, 12:17 »
My prayers are added to the pile. I'm sure God won't ignore such a large stack. Keep the faith and strength. We're all behind you and if you need any help, ask!
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

NukeWifeKW

« Reply #30 on: Nov 27, 2006, 12:52 »
She'll be in my thoughts and prayers as well as you & your Mrs.  Please let us know, and if there is anything those of us around here can do, let us know.  We're a rascally bunch, but there are a lot of good hearts here too.

stownsend

« Reply #31 on: Nov 27, 2006, 01:09 »
I wish you all the best Mike and family.I copied your post and gave it to my friend who's mother works at the convent here on long Island. The Nuns come here at retirement and they say it is their job to pray,so I sent your post to them.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #32 on: Dec 09, 2006, 10:27 »
Mike, I just wanted this topic to come back to the top. Know that I and my family are thinking of you all daily. Could you please post an address that we may send cards or small gifts to?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #33 on: Dec 09, 2006, 12:37 »
Please see the "click here to contact me" link below for our address.

Cards and gifts really are not needed.  Just keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Dec 12th is fast approaching.

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #34 on: Dec 09, 2006, 02:55 »
Dear Mike,

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I have added Lisa to the prayer list at my church as well.

God Bless,

Kathleen
It is better to light one small candle..than to curse the darkness

Offline Walt Harris

• Retired - Health Physics / Industrial Hygiene
  • Moderate User
  • I intend to live forever! So far so good!
« Reply #35 on: Dec 11, 2006, 12:21 »
Prayers going up in W-KY ......
Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!

ronbo

« Reply #36 on: Dec 11, 2006, 02:26 »
Will be thinking of you and yours and praying for good things tomorrow

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #37 on: Dec 14, 2006, 05:50 »
Lisa’s surgery is finished.  There were some complications, but everything seems to have turned out well.  It was a long day, night, and day for Lisa, her mother, and I.  Lisa and her mother are back home, and doing well.

The procedure was performed at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital, in Nashville TN.  The facility is three years old.  I have to admit that it was a very impressive experience, and I would suggest that hospital to anyone.  The staff was very attentive.  During the surgery, some one contacted us once an hour to give us a progress update.

We left home in Knoxville at 6 am eastern time to get to the hospital in Nashville at 10:30 am.

When we got to the hospital for the surgery, the Doctor ‘changed’ which side looked better as the implant candidate on the MRI.  When we got there, the right side was the side to be implanted, but was changed to the left side.  Last minuet changes like that don’t instill confidence.  The Doctor then told us that the location in the MRI looked bad, and he wasn’t sure if he would be able to do the implant when he opened her up.  I imagine it is standard hospital practice to prepare you for the worst scenario.  But it was a little nerve racking to her mother (ok, and I).

The surgery took over 4 hours to perform.  We were placed in a very nice waiting room with other people also waiting for their children to have various operations.  A nurse names ‘Sid’ came to us once an hour to update us on Lisa’s progress.  The surgery took over four hours to perform.  One of the updates was to tell us that they had accidentally cut a blood supply and that Lisa had lost a lot of blood. Her blood pressure had dropped, and the heart rate had risen due to the loss in blood.  She needed a transfusion, and was receiving liquids to keep the blood pressure stable until they were able to type her blood, and get some to her.  (It couldn’t be an easy, smooth surgery, could it?)

Eventually they stopped the bleeding, typed her blood, transfused her, inserted the implant and closed her up.  It took a few hours after the surgery to get her stable. 

We arrived at the hospital about 10:30 am central time.  The surgery started about 1pm, and was finished around 6pm.  Her mother and I were able to see her for the first time around 8:30 pm in post op.  She refused to be laid down, and was being held by a nurse when we were taken to her.  We traded positions with the nurse, and began a strict regimen of TLC.

The extra ‘fluids’ they put in her while waiting for the blood created a situation where she had too much fluids in her little body.  She had bloody mucus in her nose and throat, as well as a breathing tube in her nose that descended into her throat.  Her breathing was laborious, and congested.  She was on oxygen, and fighting just to breath, her little chest moving up and down in hard angry strokes.  In addition to being born deaf, Lisa has my allergies, asthma, and weak immune system.  (I had to give her something besides my good looks.)

By 11 pm Lisa had expelled most of the extra fluids, and her mother tried to take a nap.  We knew it was going to be a long night, and we would need to attend to Lisa in shifts.

At 1:30 am, a room opened up in the Critical Care Unit.  We were moved there, and settled in for the night.  There was a cot in the room, and Lisa’s mother and I took turn trying to get a few winks of sleep.  Lisa was held and cuddled by either her mother or I from 8:30 pm until we left the hospital about 11:30 am the following day.

After the exhaustive day and night and half day at the hospital, we were discharged from the hospitals care.  We started the three plus hour drive back to Knoxville, tired and sleep deprived.  We arrived home around 4pm eastern time.  It had been a long 34 hours, but everyone was home and safe.  The girls went to bed, and I got ready to fly back to Massachusetts the next morning.

All is well that ends well.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #38 on: Dec 14, 2006, 06:23 »
Long ago when I was in the canoe club I had heard that God takes care of sailors, drunks and little children... :-\

I proved the first two personally...now I am convinced of the third...God does indeed watch out for small children  ;D
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #39 on: Dec 14, 2006, 06:24 »
Thank you for the update, I will continue to remember you all in prayer.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #40 on: Dec 14, 2006, 08:29 »
Glad to hear the outcome, sorry for what ya'll had to go through to get there my friend.  We'll keep all of you in our prayers and look forward to the picture of Lisa when she hears her first sounds.  ;)
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline llamagramma

• FSS SR RP Tech/ Decomissioning
  • Light User
  • Have you kissed a Llama lately?
« Reply #41 on: Dec 14, 2006, 09:46 »
Look for a bag of cookies on your desk Friday.  Happy all is ok.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #42 on: Dec 14, 2006, 10:28 »
ptL, 'n maintaining y'all in prayer.  glad to hear that the procedure went as well as it did.  even with reading between the lines, it sounds as though lisa came through it well, with her parents close behind.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #43 on: Dec 15, 2006, 07:48 »
She needed a transfusion, and was receiving liquids to keep the blood pressure stable until they were able to type her blood, and get some to her.  (It couldn’t be an easy, smooth surgery, could it?)

I am furious! No conservative surgeon does surgery without knowing blood typ.? No, I am not a doctor, but family members that are will back me up on that.

But I am thankful that Lisa, Mom, and Dad are doing well. Still in our prayers.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

RNN

« Reply #44 on: Dec 16, 2006, 12:12 »
I'm glad after all that happened your daughters is ok

I will continue to keep you and your family in my Prayers

RNN

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #45 on: Dec 16, 2006, 11:52 »
Look for a bag of cookies on your desk Friday.  Happy all is ok.
Cookies were yummie

Offline KEVIO

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #46 on: Dec 18, 2006, 11:25 »
Mike,

I was overjoyed to read that everything turned out good with the surgury and your all back home.
  Me and my family will be keeping you and your family in our prayers.
  If there is anything you need drop me a line.

Kevio

wingsfornukes

« Reply #47 on: Dec 19, 2006, 12:50 »
Mike
I know what you and your wife are going though. My grandson has a hearing problem also. He had 4 operations and still needs more. I'm praying for you and hope she will have better luck.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #48 on: Dec 20, 2006, 02:02 »
My wife just informed me that Lisa's hearing will be turned on Jan 10th.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #49 on: Dec 20, 2006, 03:06 »
This is indeed wonderful news. I hope that Lisa continues to improve, please keep us informed.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?