Braidwood

Above Average
12 (33.3%)
Average
8 (22.2%)
Below Average
16 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Braidwood  (Read 43307 times)

Offline navsteve

• Light User
Re: Braidwood
« Reply #25 on: Dec 21, 2009, 09:52 »
I am interested in getting into the commercial nuke field as an AO and relocating to the midwest.  My wife is from the Milwaukee area so the Exelon plants in the Chicago area would be my first choice.  I have applied at LaSalle and more recently at Braidwood.  The LaSalle posting was a couple months ago and I never received any calls from that posting.  I meet the qualifications as listed in the job postings, i.e. ex-navy nuke and I have an A.S. in Nuclear Engineering Technology.  I have taken the POSS at another utility and passed.  I am very interested in the positions at Braidwood or LaSalle if they are still interviewing.  Does anyone know if it is possible to contact Talent Acquisition directly and if it would help in getting an interview?  Thanks in advance for your replies.

Chimera

« Reply #26 on: Dec 24, 2009, 05:54 »
As the old saying goes, "Perserverance alone is omnipotent."

Keep trying until you get what you want.  "Failure" is just another word for "try again".

newpaul

« Reply #27 on: Dec 29, 2009, 10:16 »
Hi Everyone,

I recently (12/21/09) applied for an Entry-Level NLO position at Exelon (Braidwood). My background is in Telecommunications (AT&T) and i'm interested in a career change to the Nuclear industry. I have a BEng (Bachelor of Engineering) degree in Electronics and a MS degree in Telecom.

I would really like to get into the NLO program (the Exelon training program starts in March 2010). I have not yet received an invitation to take the POSS.

Any advice on how the process works (i.e. how long between the initial application and the invite to take the test)? Also, ditto on the Talent Acquisition contact question from Navsteve.

Thanks.

Higgins

« Reply #28 on: Jan 18, 2010, 01:30 »
Hello,

I have a similar question to the above posters. Anyone know if they've started tests and/or interviews for the NLO position at Exelon-Braidwood starting in March 2010? I'm and ex-Navy Nuke and I went to college (Bachelors in Applied Science in Computers) about half an hour north in Chicago. I know a lot of people in the area and I'd really like to find out about getting a job at the plant.

Any advice on how to find out some information on when they're doing the tests? I've been putting in for entry-level positions all over the Midwest, but not many bites so far. Any help would be appreciated.

On a side note the area is beautiful and most of the people are friendly. The further away from Joliet and the suburbs of Chicago the better it is, but then again I've never enjoyed being near the big cities.

Thank you.

JeremyCantrell

« Reply #29 on: Mar 07, 2012, 12:55 »
This should be interesting..going to Braidwood as Night shift EHS on turbine deck(Siemens).
I was last there in circa 2001 for outage as a Scaffold Builder.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #30 on: Mar 07, 2012, 03:43 »
I was last there in circa 2001 for outage as a Scaffold Builder.

Around the same time you were last on NukeWorker...

JeremyCantrell

« Reply #31 on: Mar 07, 2012, 04:41 »
LOL
I guess I deserve that :)

I jumped on after seeing SEC Advertising for my job :)
Seems they have jumped into the Siemens Wind Power EHS arena.

I've been doing Safety on Siemens Wind farms for a few years now....not a bad gig.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #32 on: Mar 07, 2012, 07:24 »
We would love to see you become a regular user again.  Lord knows Nuclear NASCAR and RDTroja would love to hear from you more often.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?