Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu TVA Fossil/Prior Navy Nuke ET

Author Topic: TVA Fossil/Prior Navy Nuke ET  (Read 15322 times)

ChadP

TVA Fossil/Prior Navy Nuke ET
« on: Nov 22, 2006, 01:11 »
Well after a year and a half at Bridgestone/Firestone doing industrial maintenance, I got my foot in the door with TVA.  I am an AUO at Cumberland Fossil.  I'd like to go over to nuclear and operate there.  Anyone have any insight on when Browns Ferry, Watts Bar, or Sequoyah might be needing an AUO?  I know transfers are hard these days but another AUO here went to Watts Bar a little over a year ago.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: TVA Fossil/Prior Navy Nuke ET
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2006, 01:39 »
Industrial maintenance to fossil AUO to Nuke AUO? What is your career goal?
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

ChadP

« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2006, 01:54 »
I'd like to get back to nuclear, there just weren't any openings I could find when I got out and industrial maintence and fossil pay the bills.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2006, 01:58 »
Since you are currently TVA, there are some resources on the corporate intranet that could provide the information you seek. I have taken the liberty of sending that info via work e-mail (since you will have to be at work to view it anyway).

Let me know if you need any additional help.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Fermi2

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2006, 06:33 »
My best guess after the heavy staffing all three units have done over the past 2 years is no one will be hiring for 3 or 4 years. The pipeline is clogged.

Mike

jowlman

« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2007, 04:37 »
I just finished the SGR at Watts Bar in November. The Operations guys there were under the opinion that a new AUO class would be starting there in the next few months. The last class they had through their pipeline is just finishing up now. They still have alot of people planning to retire so they still need to hire more.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2007, 02:17 »
My best guess after the heavy staffing all three units have done over the past 2 years is no one will be hiring for 3 or 4 years. The pipeline is clogged.

Mike

With all due respect, the problem is constipation, not clogging.  ;D
If the number of people the management expects to leave is correct, then no hiring for a while into the AUO ranks. If the unofficial numbers the veteran AUOs claim are accurate, then hiring better begin soon. There is a change in the retirement program affecting those under 60 effective the end of this year. Keep watching.

Offline Bleyse

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2007, 01:38 »
I just finished the SGR at Watts Bar in November. The Operations guys there were under the opinion that a new AUO class would be starting there in the next few months. The last class they had through their pipeline is just finishing up now. They still have alot of people planning to retire so they still need to hire more.

I have applied for (and been invited to take the EEI exam) for an SGPO class that was given a target start date of "June 07" at WBN.  My EEI exam is this Saturday.  Per the advice of several regular posters here, I picked up an ASVAB study book with practice tests.  I'm kinda nervous about the test, but I look forward to taking it. 

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
  • Don't worry about the mule just load the wagon!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2007, 06:38 »
If the unofficial numbers the veteran AUOs claim are accurate, then hiring better begin soon. There is a change in the retirement program affecting those under 60 effective the end of this year. Keep watching.

Couldn't be better said!  It's like "BJ" down there says, "no matter how you try you just can't out think them".  I don't know if there is any difference in the retirement system between our job groups,  but I know the RP dept at Sequoyah is going to take a major hit soon with the 50-55 age folks. They can retire before 55 and keep their insurance supplement if they have 80 pts.  09' I believe it is mandatory age 55.   Back on task, up here several veteran OPS leaving before the next refueling.  Not just AUO's.  The SRO's and SM have been coming back through the retirement resources system, double dipping, and more on the hour.  Not that there's anything wrong with that!  Class does start soon though.

UN2910
I used to be a lifeguard until some blue kid got me fired.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?