Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Unemployment Claims honeypot

Author Topic: Unemployment Claims  (Read 389125 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Unemployment Claims
« Reply #375 on: Aug 04, 2010, 12:03 »
I have heard that

What is your source? Is it reputable?  Have you googled to see if there are any news articles?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #376 on: Nov 16, 2010, 03:10 »
Okay, I understand that I now have to have worked in a specific state before I can file a combined-wages claim in that state.

Do I still have to physically be in that state to start my claim?  (It would make sense that they could loosen up on the 'physical presence' now that they have tightened down on the 'worked in-state', but...?)

Also, If I have worked all week and get laidoff on Friday, can I hurry and file my claim that afternoon?  ...or do I have to wait 'til the next Monday?

Thanks!  :)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #377 on: Nov 16, 2010, 03:36 »
Okay, I understand that I now have to have worked in a specific state before I can file a combined-wages claim in that state.

Do I still have to physically be in that state to start my claim?  (It would make sense that they could loosen up on the 'physical presence' now that they have tightened down on the 'worked in-state', but...?)

Also, If I have worked all week and get laidoff on Friday, can I hurry and file my claim that afternoon?  ...or do I have to wait 'til the next Monday?

Thanks!  :)

Oops!  Just spent some time researching these questions myself and looks like I need to re-phrase:

1.  Do I have to be in Massachusetts to start a claim, or will they let me start it from out-of-state if I use 'Tele-claim'?

2.  Do I read their site right...I can claim Friday evening or Saturday morning, even if I worked all week?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2010, 08:18 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline HenryBlack

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #378 on: Nov 16, 2010, 04:41 »
The last time I drew unemployment, I worked all week through Thursday afternoon and filed my claim on Friday morning in Pa. Since I filed before the week ended, that week counted as my waiting week. Which was nice since I was only out of work two weeks. May not be that way everywhere. but it was in Pa.

jowlman

« Reply #379 on: Nov 17, 2010, 04:00 »
I'll preface this by saying it is just my opinion, so don't take it as fact. i think so long as you are laid off when you file, that is all that matters. Of course if you have to go to an office to open your claim,you would have to be off work early enough to make it into the office before closing time.

Offline retread

• Old, fat meter reader
  • Heavy User
  • Every day above ground is a good one
« Reply #380 on: Nov 17, 2010, 10:59 »
No kidding?  Being government employees I thought they may go the extra mile and stay open past closing time to accommodate a victim of the economy.
Come on Sundog, you love being a smart ass.  That's the best you can do?!
In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be patient and kind.
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.
In business, be competent.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #381 on: Dec 26, 2010, 09:04 »
1.  Do I have to be in Massachusetts to start a claim, or will they let me start it from out-of-state if I use 'Tele-claim'?

Answer ended up being:  Neither is correct.

Massachusetts is an odd-ball state that requires you to file an 'Interstate Claim' through your home state.  The people in your home state probably won't be real familiar with this process (where they act as Massachusetts' 'agent'), so be patient.  I was on the phone well over an hour to get my claim started and they still had to call me back twice with more questions...

2.  Do I read their site right...I can claim Friday evening or Saturday morning, even if I worked all week?

They did let me file Friday.  However, when I submitted my weekly claim last week, they indicated I shouldn't have filed since I had worked a full 40 hours.  I haven't found out whether:

1.  I completely messed things up.

or

2.  I didn't hurt anything, but didn't gain anything either.

or

3.  I did get to count the week as my 'waiting week'...

Offline sscone

• Moderate User
« Reply #382 on: Jan 31, 2011, 12:56 »
Well I exhausted my benefits in VT, so I told VT that I had worked in IA so they sent all my info to them. I call IA and they say I can't file with them cause I can file in AL. I don't want to file in AL because its not that much. I go back to work in 2 weeks and should be working till May. I wonder if I wait till then to file if I would be able to file with IA and get accepted?

Can anyone help me with this matter?

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #383 on: Jan 31, 2011, 06:27 »
You should be able to file in IA.  First get their handbook and read all the eligibility requirements, and also ask WHY, because you are supposedly able to file in any state you have worked in the last 4- 5 quarters (but this depends and cannot be work history from the) last quarter or the quarter you are filing in.  Find out why IA said no and read the IA handbook.  Should be available on line.  Give me all yur work history for last 7 quarters and I will try to figure it out for you if you can't.  But try first.

Rob143

« Reply #384 on: Feb 01, 2011, 04:51 »
The last time I drew unemployment, I worked all week through Thursday afternoon and filed my claim on Friday morning in Pa. Since I filed before the week ended, that week counted as my waiting week. Which was nice since I was only out of work two weeks. May not be that way everywhere. but it was in Pa.

You may or may not be able to treat that week as your waiting week in PA based on your earnings.  If your earnings are such that you would have been eligible for a partial (even if that partial would only be $1), had it not been your unpaid waiting week, then it will qualify as your waiting week.

Example:
Your WBR for this claim year is $500
You can earn 40% above WBR before losing dollar for dollar
The threshold to draw a partial is anything below $700
If you earn $699 or less during the week you open a new claim it will count as your waiting week
If you earn $700 or more they will politely (ok, not always so politely) inform you to call again next week

pat444

« Reply #385 on: Apr 04, 2011, 08:57 »
I can't ever seem to get through by phone. It's either "call back another time" or no one available to take call now.... 8:30 am or any other time or day...it doesn't matter.

I wind up going in to the office to do business.

Just a token phone number I suppose. Why even have it. A Massachusetts thing maybe. Un Duh...

Offline fxeharley

• Lurker
« Reply #386 on: Mar 28, 2012, 11:50 »
I am currently working in arizona. i am out of the local in pennsylvania. i have been in az working for about seven years. i want to collect pa. unemployment. do i have to work there for awhile to do that. if so how long would i have to do that for. can anyone answer my question. thanks in advance

vikingfan

« Reply #387 on: Mar 29, 2012, 03:51 »
I might be wrong, but unless your company is deducting PA taxes you probably will have to file for AZ benefits given the fact like you stated that you have been working in AZ for the last 7 years.

tagline

« Reply #388 on: Mar 29, 2012, 06:55 »
I am not sure but I think that the only way you can collect from Pa is if your last job was actually in Pa. You can always call the unenjoyment office in Pa and ask them what would be best. I know that Pa is a lot more cash per week then Arizona.

Offline fxeharley

• Lurker
« Reply #389 on: Mar 29, 2012, 11:41 »
i would like to ask this question. i have worked in arizona for the past 7 years. but i am out of pa. i live in az now. can i open a claim in pa. my local is in pa. and if i do how do you do it. thanks in advance.

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #390 on: Mar 30, 2012, 12:17 »
You asked the same question last night (at approximately the same time - 9 min difference) - and got two semi-answers - Do you not read

Unless your employer, not your hall, is based in PA, since you have been in AZ for 7 years you are probably going to collect AZ unemployment, even if you move back to PA.  The correct place for the question is the unemployment office! 
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

IPREGEN

« Reply #391 on: Mar 30, 2012, 02:51 »
I have to admire the way everybody is willing to help somebody else get PAID.
We have all been there. (At least the roadies)

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #392 on: Mar 30, 2012, 04:07 »
When it was legal to draw from Massachusetts I just Emailed them and they gave me the answers I believed were correct based on what I was told.  When questions came up at the Mass Office.  I just brought my Email and the Person  read it said OK I understand and was out in about 15 minutes.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #393 on: Mar 31, 2012, 10:25 »
If you are a RESIDENT of PA, but lived and worked in AZ without establishing residency (some states it's mandatory, others its not), then you can make a claim in EITHER (but NOT both) states, as you were a "dislocated worker".

So, you're better off making a claim in PA, as AZ is 240 a week, and PA is 400 a week.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #394 on: Mar 31, 2012, 04:13 »
Is PA really 400 a week now?  Used to be over 500....

Offline desertdog

• Moderate User
« Reply #395 on: Mar 31, 2012, 04:47 »
I was getting $559/week last year.

Offline azkidd

• RP Tech (Housemouse)
  • Moderate User
  • We Nationalize Banks!!
« Reply #396 on: Mar 31, 2012, 09:56 »
Wrong answer Starkist.  PA goes back to the last five quarters.  The highest quarter is paid from the state you were working in at the time.  I was a resident of AZ for the first six months last year.  I didn't work in AZ, didn't owe taxes, didn't pay taxes, and would not expect any unemployment from them, since I drew no wages from that state.  If you have not worked in PA in the last 2 years you can't draw unemployment.  Stop beating a dead horse.

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #397 on: Apr 03, 2012, 12:23 »
I'm not trying to give CPR to a dead horse, :-> but if you worked in AZ for seven years, then moved back to PA and worked there for a time before being laid off.  How long a time would one have to work in PA in order to open a claim with PA benefits paid? [decon]

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #398 on: Oct 01, 2012, 07:59 »
Two questions.  I heard PA unenjoyment office was getting really jerky about things in general after you get your claim approved and try to get your money, especially out of state?  Can anyone attest to this recently? 

And...How is NJ about unemployment?  Seems every state has a quirkyness about things, I'd rather not file in a state just because it is a little more money when I have a state that pays almost as much and it is much easier to deal with. 

Thanks, I need recent (last 2 years) real world experience in either NJ or PA.

Offline zammis

• Light User
« Reply #399 on: Oct 02, 2012, 06:38 »
NJ over $600 per/week. Hard to reach them on the phone but once you do they will set up a time for case worker to call you to verify places, times etc. DO NOT MISS THIS CALL !!! Once you are set up, your'e golden with a bi-weekly call in/online claim. DO NOT TAKE THE CREDIT CARD OPTION. Fill in the direct deposit info online and tell the case worker this is what you want to do.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?