Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Unemployment Claims honeypot

Author Topic: Unemployment Claims  (Read 389086 times)

Roadtrash02

Re: Unemployment Claims
« Reply #175 on: May 06, 2008, 11:03 »
I filed an Interstate claim this morning in Mass. I went in to an office, filled out a rather simple form, and the woman set it all up on her computer. I did not speak to anybody on the phone while I was there. She said my first check should be in about three weeks. 

I asked her about having my home state sending a IB1 form.....and she told me not to bother.

I hope it all goes well....I made just over 30k since November of '07...so I should be all set.

Thanks for this thread!!!.......lots of good info!!

LaFeet

« Reply #176 on: May 13, 2008, 09:31 »
Got laid off from Cook...called Mass from Okie land, contacted local Unemployment office as directed via internet.....  check from Mass in route... never went to Mass....not gonna either till next year (Pilgrim Outage)

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #177 on: May 13, 2008, 01:13 »
Got laid off from Cook...called Mass from Okie land, contacted local Unemployment office as directed via internet.....  check from Mass in route... never went to Mass....not gonna either till next year (Pilgrim Outage)
C'mon, you gotta drive through Mass to come up to VY this fall.... ;)

Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #178 on: May 13, 2008, 02:07 »
Three direct deposits were made to my checking account today since I reopened through my local office 3 weeks ago. No followup visit to Mass was required.

LaFeet

« Reply #179 on: May 13, 2008, 02:47 »
C'mon, you gotta drive through Mass to come up to VY this fall.... ;)

You know I wanna go there... but it looks as if I will not be released from Fitzy in time for VY... I asked for it  have to wait and see.  And yeah...I wann go back to VY   I love it there..... except that one guy that pissed me off..... but thats another story

Jeremy

« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2008, 01:50 »
In 2007, which is the year I will be claiming against this year, I only worked Outages in VA.  With some foresight, I saw this a problem in collecting unemployment in higher unemployment rate states.  (Since the one I live in is fairly low).  So when I wasn't working for Bartlett, I did some small side gigs so I could officially say I worked in two states.

My problem is, I believe my home state (where I got small seasonal jobs) will run dry far as unemployment funds are concern, fairly fast, and the state VA, where I did all my outages have plenty of unemployment funds in.

My question is, once my funds from Mo runs out (which I know they will fast), will I have to stop filing with PA?  Will I have to claim through VA since that is where 90% of my income came from?  Or does PA even care that Mo funds ran dry?

illegalsmile

« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2008, 02:04 »
Hi Jeremy,
Welcome to NukeWorker.com.
If you check this out:
NukeWorker Forum > Career Path > Pay & Salary > Interstate Unemployment Claims
I think you'll find the answers to all of you questions and put more Kasheesh in you pocket t'boot.

vikingfan

« Reply #182 on: May 27, 2008, 08:50 »
i flew into boston/logan airport. took the silverline to the south train station. cost me $2. went upstairs to street level walked down essex about 2 blocks to south street. go down about 3 blocks to the end of south street and the job net office is on the left side of the street from the train station to 210 south street. interview process took about 15 minutes. and now let the checks roll in :):)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #183 on: May 27, 2008, 09:59 »
I have to remember to have taxes taken out this year.  They hammered me at tax time.

vikingfan

« Reply #184 on: May 27, 2008, 10:28 »
I have to remember to have taxes taken out this year.  They hammered me at tax time.

DITTO !!!

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #185 on: May 27, 2008, 11:05 »
Has anyone else encountered the office saying it could take 3-5 weeks for a wage determination?  My last hop in mass.  I had a determination before going out the door....I'm thinking something wasn't done right or something along those lines since its week two going on three and haven't heard a thing.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 11:06 by JessJen »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #186 on: May 28, 2008, 04:33 »

take yer own tax cut out 'n put it in a short term cd or udder investment.  make da monee!
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

LaFeet

« Reply #187 on: May 28, 2008, 10:12 »
Got my check for the layoff following DC Cook.  Still have not been in Mass to file, everything done online or via phone.

There is hope out there after all.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #188 on: May 28, 2008, 10:23 »
But it is different for you.  You worked in Mass.  You had wages reported to them directly.  Most of the rest of us did not.  We have to file a combined wage claim - by combining wages from other states.  We all know by now that 1) you can do this from any state and 2) Massachusetts pays the most so 3) filing a combined wage claim in Mass. is the best deal.

You do not have to play the same game that we do.

Just for the edification of all who are considering where to file:  If you worked in Mass., do as LaFeet did.  If you did not work there you have to go there.  Either way, it is worth the effort.  They pay the most by far.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #189 on: May 28, 2008, 10:06 »
Many people I know took 5 -10 weeks before they got their first check.  It took me 8 weeks. I think what really messes this up is you claim a quarter that has not finished yet.  I did this as did others I talked to,  Therefore the state or states you are claiming from are slow to get that quarter.

remowil55

« Reply #190 on: May 29, 2008, 04:06 »
This all real interesting, i have  friend that i have know for years that works at the local Employment office and has for over 20 years. I ask her about this,going to Mass and filing. All she said was is "Don't get Caught." It's not legal."It may be illegal in Ar but legal in Mass. Who knows, 4 sides to every story. I know a lot of people do it and i have thougth about it, but since Ar has raised there's to 414 dollars a week i will just stay here. Remo

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #191 on: May 29, 2008, 07:15 »
Don't get caught?!?  It's legal.  You tell the truth.  They ask if you worked in Mass, you say no.  They ask if you live in Mass, you say no.  They ask if you worked in more than one state, you say yes. (Of course, that has to be a true statement).  Then you tell them who you worked for, when you worked for them, and where you worked.  Give them your SSN, then go back home and wait for your checks.

If you don't believe us, or the Mass web site, then call them.  You are getting $10,764 in AR when you should be getting $18,000 in MASS, you loose $7,236.  That's 67% more that you could be getting.

Good luck with that.  To me the math is easy, I'll pay the $300 for an airplane ride.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 07:16 by Rennhack »

alphacookie

« Reply #192 on: May 29, 2008, 08:20 »
Don't get caught?!?  It's legal.  You tell the truth.  They ask if you worked in Mass, you say no.  They ask if you live in Mass, you say no.  They ask if you worked in more than one state, you say yes. (Of course, that has to be a true statement).  Then you tell them who you worked for, when you worked for them, and where you worked.  Give them your SSN, then go back home and wait for your checks.

If you don't believe us, or the Mass web site, then call them.  You are getting $10,764 in AR when you should be getting $18,000 in MASS, you loose $7,236.  That's 67% more that you could be getting.

Good luck with that.  To me the math is easy, I'll pay the $300 for an airplane ride.

It is that easy.  I filed in Mass.  Don't forget to bring in your DD214.  As far as it being illegal, Remo's friend is ignorant of the ways of uneployment.   During T.A.P. class, the instructors teach us about unemployment and tell us to file in Mass.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 08:23 by alphacookie »

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #193 on: May 29, 2008, 08:28 »
I wrote Mass and asked them because I thought this was ridiculous that Mass would pay and that you have never worked there or lived there.  They said it was legal as long as you worked 2 or more states. In fact you have to file a form with your home state. Its all up front. I agree with Mike on the math. You second week you come out ahead, Yourjet fare is then paid for and you get a free visit to boston for Seafood.  But if you insist take the 414.  You can read this whole post, I know I posted their web address, and at least a dozen people posted that they did it. Let alone all the people on the road.  The form you fill out at your home sate is also here somewhere. Ask your own state what that form is for. They will say its for a person filing in another state. My own brother in-law worked for the state of TN in a small town called ERIN and said it can not be done.  I went to Oak Ridge TN and thelady only asked how much does Mass pay now and I told her 625, she laughed and said thats a whole lot better than we do, Just 275 Max, The TN unemployment lady got her other friends to asked me too. They thought it was funny, I just filed theI8I, Ithink thats it. but they will tell you on this thread and Mass. But if you insist on getting 200 dollars less be my guest.

Melrose

« Reply #194 on: May 29, 2008, 08:32 »
Eight Weeks for a check?!?!?!?!?
never had to wait more then three, and then three checks would show up.

As for DD, I called in a week after filing.  The following week, two checks showed up on Tues. and the third showed up on Thur.  The following week my check was deposited to my account on Mon. night.  Nice to get the pay in the account 5 days sooner. 

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2008, 08:35 »
Don.t Get caught that is most laughable!!!!!   You file in your homestate in addition to Mass and get paid by Mass. How more up front can you be??? I even give them my home address in TN and Mass mails it to me at my home in TN.  How more upfront is that, Theperson giving you the info is the one who is laughable, Just like my brother in law.  He admitted he was wrong, buthe has had no one come from another state to file in Erin TN.  I guess you could fly to Erin from Boston and tell them I feel bad about getting 625 a week and I will take the 275 TN offers.  This  does not happen, and I bet does not occur in ARK. LOL hey Iwant to fly to Little rock and file, I worked In Mass and ARK.  Can I have the Ark  Unemployment.  LOL  And file my I8I with Mass.  Hilarious.  I was a skeptic too and was way upfront because I did not want to get in trouble.  I have been Nukeworker schooled by this thread and it has been worth more than the 36 a year Gold dues I pay!!!

remowil55

« Reply #196 on: May 30, 2008, 07:04 »
I tried file on line and it would NOT let me. YOU experts and mind readers figure it out. I was just telling you what i was told, and i will say that was several years ago. Yeah it seems like it should be OK, after all Bartlett is in Mass. . Remo
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 09:37 by BeerCourt »

vikingfan

« Reply #197 on: May 30, 2008, 07:45 »
i flew into boston/logan airport. took the silverline to the south train station. cost me $2. went upstairs to street level walked down essex about 2 blocks to south street. go down about 3 blocks to the end of south street and the job net office is on the left side of the street from the train station to 210 south street. interview process took about 15 minutes. and now let the checks roll in :):)

if you didn't work directly in mass you will need to make a yearly appearance. if ya worked in mass hen you can do it online. now if you don't wanna fly to mass and file and miss out on close to $1000 a month then so be it. plus you get 30 weeks of UI from versus 26 from your home state. in my world 2 + 2 = 4. in other words do the math. buy your ticket to boston, go to the office and file, in and out in less then 30 minutes and then go home call your local office tell them you need to have an IB1 sent to mass and let the checks keep a rolling !!! you will recoup the cost of your trip in 2-3 weeks :):):) good luck !!

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #198 on: May 30, 2008, 08:02 »
I have found that you don't need the IB1 when you open the claim, but you need it when you reopen.

this last time, 210.00 flight from Detroit. Well worth the effort for 600.00 a week.
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

vikingfan

« Reply #199 on: May 30, 2008, 08:16 »
 ok a little clarification here. after you have returned from mass following your succesful trip :):) you will need to contact your unemployment office in your home state and have them send a IB1 form to mass. you will also need to do this everytime you have to reopen your current claim.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?