Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Security Clearance Issues

Author Topic: Security Clearance Issues  (Read 6910 times)

fordmgt1

Security Clearance Issues
« on: Dec 14, 2006, 11:26 »
Hello, I was just offered a job (this company subs for the DOE).  I have to get a "Q" clearance but have had a few credit issues in the past.  I only have had 3 or so charge-offs and wonder if this would be a problem?  My credit is better now, but I never repaid those debts.  I should have no other issues.  I just would like to know before I accept this offer.  Thanks for your help.

Atomic_Punk

Re: Security Clearance Issues
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2006, 02:38 »
I've never had a "Q", but I'd say be upfront and honest about it and DO NOT try to hide it.  Good luck to ya.

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2006, 08:19 »
It might be worth your while to pay for your own credit report so you don't have any suprises. The most inportant thing is not trying to hide anything. I have had an "L" before and I know one guy I worked with who had 2 bankruptcy cases and he still got his clearance. Good Luck!

fordmgt1

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2006, 12:57 »
Thanks for your responses, is it more difficult to get a Q clearance?

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2006, 01:39 »
I think they go back and do a 10 year investigation. I am not sure but I would say they are a little stricter due to it being a higher level clearance. The biggest thing they are looking for is trustworthiness. So go ahead and tell all.
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2006, 02:55 by Carolina Jethro »

Offline mars88

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2006, 02:37 »
For a TOTALLY FREE report (no 30-day trial offer from a company) from all 3 CRA's, go to annualcreditreport.com.  This site arose from a new law passed by Congress (they were not totally do-nothing!) which enables everyone in the US to receive one free copy from each CRA every 12 months.  I get mine on a 4-month rotating basis, but in your case you should get all 3 at the same time. 

BTW, you are not legally required to pay off revolving debts--such as credit cards--after 4 years of non-payments (unless they take you to court before then and get a judgement).  However, if you make a payment at any time before or after the 4-year mark, the clock starts all over again.   Also, it is required that the CRA's remove ANY negative information after 7 years, starting from the last month/year that you made a payment (this does not include  bankruptcies). 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?