Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Trojan

Author Topic: Trojan  (Read 29638 times)

Offline jjack50

• Heavy User
  • Now, LEARN DAMIT!!!!
Re: Trojan
« Reply #25 on: Mar 25, 2009, 07:42 »
As a matter of fact I did. The rumor I heard was that Westinghouse offered to buy and run the plant for PGE. Of course they had to say NO to that otherwise it would have put the lie to their reason for closing it.

KKsPaPa

« Reply #26 on: Mar 25, 2009, 08:44 »
When I was at Trojan from 1991 through 2000 it was rumored that the then President of PGE, Ken Harrison, had made a mid-night deal with the then State Governor, Barbara Roberts, who was an anti-nuke.  The deal, as rumored, was that if the President agreed to shut-down Trojan the State would agree to grant PGE breaks on certain rate deals.  It was also rumored that when Harrison became President and CEO of PGE he had made a public statement indicating that before he left the position he would rid PGE of the so-called financially disabling Trojan Plant.  So after many ballot measures, and many ballot measure defeats he decided that it was an opportune time, to the benefit of PGE, to shut the Plant down.  Fact or Fiction who knows?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #27 on: Jan 04, 2011, 11:55 »
Open letter to Atomic_Punk:

Hey!  I ate at Muchas Gracias 6 times when I was home over Thanksgiving & Christmas!  NEENER!  ;)

Note to everyone else:

I talked to one of the guards from the good ol' days...he is still sitting there watching the ISFSI pad.
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #28 on: Jan 04, 2011, 12:06 »
Open letter to Atomic_Punk:

Hey!  I ate at Muchas Gracias 6 times when I was home over Thanksgiving & Christmas!  NEENER!  ;)

Rub it in....rub it in....

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #29 on: Jan 04, 2011, 05:26 »
What a gig,... a job with a 500 year half-life,..... :P :) ;) ;D 8)

The boredom inherent in that scenario makes your head go numb, doesn't it!   ;)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline jjack50

• Heavy User
  • Now, LEARN DAMIT!!!!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 05, 2011, 06:02 »
The boredom inherent in that scenario makes your head go numb, doesn't it!   ;)

Watch the ships sail up and down the Columbia...
That's about it.
 [nuke]  zzz  [hypno]

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #31 on: Jan 27, 2014, 07:58 »
only did Trojan once. aye remember that plastic n it bean on a roll. eye due knot remember it having any special characteristics. Probably any red transparent will subtract  the photon energies which result in the fading of r.a.m. tags.                                                                
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2014, 08:01 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?