Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Radiological Instrument Calibration Procedures

Author Topic: Radiological Instrument Calibration Procedures  (Read 7507 times)

dlanders

Radiological Instrument Calibration Procedures
« on: Dec 05, 2006, 09:49 »
Hi, I'm developing/revising calibration procedures for our radiological instruments.  I would appreciate any examples that someone may have so that I can compare format, topics covered, etc. We have the typical array of instruments; primarily Ludlums Models 2929, 2360, 2221 etc., and detectors 44-10, 43-89, 44-9 etc. Thanks!!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Radiological Instrument Calibration Procedures
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2006, 10:02 »
have ya contacted yer instrument manufacturers for their calibration procedures per instrument?  while yer waiting fer yer source to arrive, building a range is a good idea.  a bench about 20 feet long with a tape measure glued down on it should suffice unless ya got bux to spare, then go for the infared rangefinder with ceiling/wall display.  very impressive. 
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

stubutch

« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2007, 05:33 »
 :)  I may be able to help you out.  I've found it very useful to compare prodedures.  You can email me at slfenton@aep.com

Offline cincinnatinuke

• Chemistry Technician CCNPP
  • Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2007, 05:47 »
Go to Ludlum's website and they post EVERYTHING on their site.  It is one of the main reasons I will use only their stuff, along with cost and customer support.  In fact if you want something a little out of the mainstream for something special they will not only make it (like a probe with different mylar densities, or a probe resistored to operate at a higher voltage, whatever) they will also help you come up with a cal procedure.

Here is the link:  http://www.ludlums.com/techinfo.htm

I see from the types of equipement you listed you have a Dual Channel Scaler, some portable scaler/ratemeters, gamma scintillation, Zn/S alpha/beta scintillation, and a pancake probe.  When I mentioned having my probes resistored it was so I could interchange probes with one common unit/base meter.

You can always call them.  They have always been willing to share cal procedures or discuss something I want to try.

If you want to post something more specific, or PM me, feel free.  I do this for a living, but I also like to see what others out there are trying to accomplish.  That is the geek in me I guess.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?