Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Fallen Brother / Michael Darr honeypot

Author Topic: Fallen Brother / Michael Darr  (Read 6962 times)

rjs102253

Fallen Brother / Michael Darr
« on: Dec 12, 2006, 02:35 »
Michael Darr, Long time SR. Radiation Protection Technician at Turkey Point was found deceased at his home in Homestead Florida on 12/11/06. Mike retired from Florida Power and Light Company less than a year ago. Good friend who would do anything possible to help you. He will be missed by those who knew him.
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2006, 02:38 by BarnwellDonor »

L._LaGarde

Re: Fallen Brother / Michael Darr
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2006, 02:52 »
I worked with Mike back in the mid-80s.  He was a good guy.  Anybody know what happened?  He was not that old.

Too many from that era at Turkey Point are gone - Hopkins, Coward, Crawford, Thornton, Darr, probably some others that I don't know about.  Has anyone kept a list?  Keeps you looking over your shoulder.  Of course, given the things we did, it's amazing any of us are still around.

Offline incrediblehulk

• Moderate User
  • Dum vivimus, vivamus!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2006, 02:57 »
Very sad. I remember Mike as one of the few co-ops who could take the torrent of abuse we used to hand out. He was one of the good ones and will be missed.
Life is short. That is all there is to say. Get what you can from the present - thoughtfully, justly.
                               - Marcus Aurelius

Liberty is never unalienable. It must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes.
                          -R.A. Heinlein

Offline lauriedude

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2006, 07:45 »
I am so very, very sorry that I didn't call him when I had the chance.  He took me in when I came back into the nuclear industry, and as someone else inferred, he would give you the shirt off his back.  He was really, really a good person.  I pray that he is at peace.  Anyone know how to get ahold of his parents to send a card or something?

terry

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2006, 01:50 »
 :(So sad to hear, he was a true friend and had a heart of gold, he will be missed by all. I'm  glad I got to spend as much time with him as I did I rented a room from him the last couple of years when there was outages at PTN. I talked to his mother today the cause of death is not known for sure at this time, but his mother said a massive stroke or heart attack was likely. The arrangments are not complete but he will be cremated and his ashes will go back home to Pa. The service is TBD (I will update this as I find out more info) Mike's mother address is
Mary Darr
3682 Five Mile Run
Brookville, Pa 15825   

Offline ruth13

• Sr Dosimetry Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2006, 10:59 »
So sorry to hear about Mike, he definitely was one of the good guys.
'We do not believe if we do not live and work according to our belief."
Heidi Wills

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?