Career Path > DOE

Training and physicals?

<< < (3/3)

mars88:
Hell, just make up a form on your computer and fill it out yourself.  NO one is going to call up the doctor and verify.  I've done it several times over the years using the same type of form the doctors use--they're all the same.

Roll Tide:
Falsify records? Hope that is a poor attempt at humor. That would be difficult to overcome in the future.

ChiefRocscooter:

--- Quote from: mars88 on Dec 15, 2006, 05:44 ---Hell, just make up a form on your computer and fill it out yourself.  NO one is going to call up the doctor and verify.  I've done it several times over the years using the same type of form the doctors use--they're all the same.

--- End quote ---

Hands over ears (or eyes as case must be) LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

BuddyThePug:

--- Quote from: Camella Black on Dec 15, 2006, 09:58 ---I could be wrong, but I thought it was illegal to base hiring someone on a physical. I thought they actually had to hire you then you took the physical.

Anyway, hubby has worked DOE for a few years with a couple of different companies and we have NEVER had to pay for the physical. I would look elsewhere for a job.

--- End quote ---

The employer can make a conditional offer, and then have a medical done to examine for any limitations within the bona fide conditions of employment for the position description. They can't go on a fishing expedition for disabilities outside of the BCOE. Section B.3 in  http://www.eeoc.gov/policy/docs/guidance-contingent.html  which is part of EEOC Enforcement guidelines gives some good concise explanantion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version