NukeWorker Menu Zune honeypot

Author Topic: Zune  (Read 3164 times)

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
Zune
« on: Dec 15, 2006, 01:33 »
Does anyone know anything about the Zune MP3 player. I bought my daughter one for Christmas but after reading about it I think I might have made a mistake. Seems like you can only download music with a subscription through Microsoft and when you cancel you lose all your music.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: Zune
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2006, 02:31 »
Seems like you can only download music with a subscription through Microsoft and when you cancel you lose all your music.

That is the current arrangement with "Napster To Go" as well. You don't have to pay per tune, just keep your subscription current.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2006, 03:01 »
I reckon my next question should be can you buy downloads such as walmart.com and load them on the Zune?
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2006, 03:03 by Carolina Jethro »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2006, 04:56 »

shayne

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2006, 02:48 »
I don't have a Zune player, but mine (Creative Labs Flash Player) acts just like a removable disk when I connect it to my computer.  I just have to transfer .mp3s to it and they play just fine...  If you don't have any mp3s you will have to convert your cd's to them, download from free websites, or pay for the downloads from the sites listed in previous posts.

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2006, 03:04 »
I looked at the Zune tonight at Best Buy.  It looks nice and has a nice screen but the thing is HUGE compared to all the other players.  I'd take one if someone gave it to me. :^)

My personal mp3 player is a cheap Lexar that uses usb jump drives.  Drag/drop/jam.  Very simple and it works great.

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2006, 10:32 »
the Zune is less expensive than an Ipod...Ipod software sux tho...but i am bised...my brother-in-law is on the Zune team at MS 8)

M1Ark

« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2006, 04:26 »
the Zune is less expensive than an Ipod...Ipod software sux tho...but i am bised...my brother-in-law is on the Zune team at MS 8)

I think the IPod's strenght is its software.  To each his own.

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2006, 06:20 »
the Zune is less expensive than an Ipod

Actually, it's the same price as the same sized ipod.

NukeWifeKW

« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2006, 08:55 »
I have the Creative Labs Zen Vision M, 30 GB.  It's bigger than some, smaller than some.  I love it!  It's extremely simple to use, and you can load music on it quickly and easily.  To me, it's better than an Ipod, but to each their own. 

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2006, 12:03 »
Is this the right thread to mention that I have a Close-and-Play...?   ;)
"I'm not quiet; I just don't demand to be heard." ---George Harrison

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #11 on: Dec 19, 2006, 03:41 »
Is this the right thread to mention that I have a Close-and-Play...?   ;)

Sounds good to me.
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2006, 07:20 by Colonel Angus »

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
« Reply #12 on: Dec 19, 2006, 04:52 »
Zune has the built-in FM receiver tho.

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #13 on: Dec 19, 2006, 07:23 »
Zune has the built-in FM receiver tho.
As big as it is, it should have an 8 track player in it also. ;^) I know, it's not THAT big, but it's bigger than most.

Talk to B.I.L., get us some units to test and we'll write up a nice review here on Nukeworker.com.  See if he'll go for that. :^)

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
« Reply #14 on: Dec 19, 2006, 07:56 »
somone in the family is getting one for xmas..i think iam getting this.....this is HIS invention.
www.hangtimer.com

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?