Below Average
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: IRM  (Read 31131 times)

Offline BrynJ

• Lurker
Re: IRM
« Reply #25 on: Sep 16, 2013, 03:15 »
Anyone have a street address for IRM when they were in business.  It's a gap in my resume I am trying to fill since I'm back on the job hunt!

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #26 on: Sep 16, 2013, 03:50 »
Just use

The Friary on the Severn
Annapolis, MD 21409

That should work.

BTW -- it is for sale if anyone is looking for a house just outside Annapolis.

Nestled on 23 acres overlooking the Severn River and only 40 minutes from Washington, DC, lies one of the most distinctive estates offered for sale on the East Coast. Formerly a Capuchin monastery, this stately brick structure offers modern amenities for comfortable family living yet easily accommodates elegant grand scale entertainment and events. Featuring spectacular 270 degree river views, the extraordinary estate contains a total of 7 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms and 11 fireplaces, a commercial size gourmet kitchen, oversized ballroom, conservatory, indoor spa, family room, library, game room, wine cellar, catering kitchen, work shop, a secret vault, 9-car garage, roof garden, pool pavilion, 60 foot infinity edge pool, tennis court, a 6-slip private dock with boat lift and 2000 feet of river front. Additional structures include a 3-bedroom gate house, tea house and mechanical facilities.

All for just $28,800,000.

If you were ever there when IRM owned it, you won't recognize it. The CEO of Phillips Seafood bought it and completely restored it (it was built in the 1830s) and actually lived there with his family. I was there when it was a Monastery (they had a Guitar Mass in the early 70's) and when IRM owned it (almost took a job there before the Leonards sold out.) The view of the Severn is spectacular. It was reportedly a stop on the Underground Railroad, too. During the renovation they found a veritable labyrinth of tunnels.

Check it out here and here.
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2013, 03:53 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

surf50

« Reply #27 on: Sep 16, 2013, 04:30 »
Anyone have a street address for IRM when they were in business.
Wow, you're going back a long way for your resume..30+ years.
I've had no problems with mine with just stating the time frame(s) and the various companies; IRM, DNI, CE, etc.
It's not like there's any way to contact them.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #28 on: Sep 16, 2013, 06:11 »
1604 Winchester Road
Annapolis, MD. 21409   ???

That's what I found for an address of the friary anyway...  

Kind of fun to look through the interior pictures on Zillow...

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/%28undisclosed-Address%29-Annapolis-MD-21409/2119318268_zpid/

...and, if you decided to buy it, your house payment would only be $127,716 per month!  ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2013, 06:23 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #29 on: Sep 16, 2013, 07:29 »
1604 Winchester Road
Annapolis, MD. 21409   ???

That's what I found for an address of the friary anyway...  

Kind of fun to look through the interior pictures on Zillow...

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/%28undisclosed-Address%29-Annapolis-MD-21409/2119318268_zpid/

...and, if you decided to buy it, your house payment would only be $127,716 per month!  ;)

That address seems to work in BING maps

http://binged.it/18sKa7p

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #30 on: Sep 17, 2013, 04:05 »

cheep two pay four dat vue 'n ghosts of rad tex past!  of coarse, iffen ya gotta mortgage, ya can't afford it.   ;)
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?