Washington Group

Above Average
3 (10.7%)
Average
6 (21.4%)
Below Average
19 (67.9%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Washington Group  (Read 31206 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Washington Group
« on: Dec 17, 2006, 12:53 »
Rate Washington Group.

shayne

Re: Washington Group
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2006, 08:05 »
I enjoyed working for them.  I was doing Startup on new combined cycle power plants.

ageoldtech

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2006, 09:04 »
I would rather have bamboo under the fingernails than have to work for them again.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2006, 09:08 »
I love how bankruptcy protection is one of their business strategies...

alphadude

« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2006, 09:39 »
the BORG

illegalsmile

« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2006, 08:14 »
I worked for them in one form or another for about 5 yrs.
If there is anything good to say about them in their present incarnation, it escapes me.

Offline Duct-Tape

• Light User
  • Silence is golden, Duct-Tape is silver.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2006, 04:11 »
Although I have never worked for this company, I have sent out many resumes in the last few months and the Washington Group and the recruiter that recieved my resume.  Is the only company that has acknowledged it recieved and will put the resume on file in its data base.   nuff said
So you wanabe a HP...

illegalsmile

« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2006, 05:54 »
If you wanna work for them, you should probably get to one of their sites as a contractor (Bartlett has a lot of work w/ WGI). The usually hire from their at-hand contractor staff

picopoppa

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 01:58 »
I was a RadChem Lab Tech @ West Valley for 14 years. Not too
many years after WGII became the "Overlords", they decided that,
'In order to cut costs, we will outsource the Analytical & Process
Chemistry Dep't.'

Am I bitter? Not really.
Am I working? Not really.

:-\

madhatter

« Reply #9 on: Jun 11, 2007, 04:39 »
I wonder if things at WGI will change after the sale to URS Corp. has been completed.

alphadude

« Reply #10 on: Jun 11, 2007, 04:49 »
changed already-  people were being moved with title changes weeks before the merge

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #11 on: Jul 28, 2007, 09:36 »
Well let me put it to ya this way, I was RCO for 4 yrs and a sub contract for 2 yrs.  During the 2 yrs as a contractor I never had any issues with them, just the usual money issues.  When I became an employee of thiers all he.. started >:(.  I will never work for a company that changes procedures on the fly to support thier wims.  They are definately in someones pockets. 

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #12 on: Aug 04, 2007, 10:42 »
Don't believe they will be winning any " worker appreciation " awards at the Hanford site

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #13 on: Aug 05, 2007, 04:08 »
 :o Yah while I was employeed at SRS I heard all kinds of stories that were not in the best light for Washington Group coming from folks that were at Hanford. >:(  Again I dont care for them at all.  >:(

illegalsmile

« Reply #14 on: Aug 06, 2007, 06:53 »
you and most of the rest of the world, but i know the folks at INL/ICP just love 'em ;)

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #15 on: Aug 06, 2007, 02:09 »
I find that most people that like Washington Group are involved in some type of burocratic job, wether it be management, engineering, safety, etc.  The boots on the ground worker I think see things in a different light. :P

illegalsmile

« Reply #16 on: Aug 07, 2007, 05:49 »
as Charlie Brown said, "Don't you know a sarcasm when you hear it?"

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #17 on: Aug 07, 2007, 10:47 »
LOL :D,

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #18 on: Nov 22, 2007, 09:57 »
No complains, so far. Over all, was treated very well, even financially.
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2008, 01:10 by Mike McFarlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #19 on: Jan 18, 2008, 01:11 »
Will work for them again, just waiting for the call.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline YO!

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #20 on: Jan 18, 2008, 11:46 »
A large portion of the people that work for them are miserable and hate the company. A lot of people start out with high hopes, but those hopes are dashed in a short period of time.  The smart ones use it as a stepping stone or move to other things.  :o. Their reputation leaves a lot to be desired!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #21 on: Jan 19, 2008, 12:40 »
A large portion of the people that work for them are miserable and hate the company. A lot of people start out with high hopes, but those hopes are dashed in a short period of time.  The smart ones use it as a stepping stone or move to other things.  :o. Their reputation leaves a lot to be desired!
Thanks, good to know. However, my exposure to the managers in the Power Group has been favorable and a likelyhood of more work in the future.

illegalsmile

« Reply #22 on: Jan 19, 2008, 08:43 »
I worked for them at Rocky Flats and INL. I don't see myself working for them ever again. WGI is a large operation and it's reasonable that people working in other areas under different managers saw different things than I saw and were treated differently. Hope it works out for ya Spankster.

ageoldtech

« Reply #23 on: Jan 21, 2008, 02:08 »
I guess I don't have bamboo under the fingernails. I took another job with them, couldn't pass up the long term coin. I feel like a wh_re.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #24 on: Jan 21, 2008, 02:14 »
I guess I don't have bamboo under the fingernails. I took another job with them, couldn't pass up the long term coin. I feel like a wh_re.

No, you're just in it for the fortune NOT the fame!  :P
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?