Facility & Company Information > Bellefonte

Bellefonte

(1/19) > >>

Roll Tide:
Will Bellefonte ever get finished? As the only remaining NRC construction permit, it is the best hope for new nuclear generation until the next generation of nuclear.

I am not looking for facts, because I don't believe there are any to be had at this time. I work as a TVA contractor, and Dad retired from Bellefonte, and if there were verifiable plans, I would have heard them.

I would like to hear opinions, whether other people are as hopeful as I am that another nuke could come on line. From a personal perspective, it helps that my home is within the 5 mile EPZ for Bellefonte. 8)

whosez:
They have an extension of the construction permits.
Unit 1 til 2011 and Unit 2 til 2014

idrum4food:
Rumor going around that TVA and some Jap company are going to build two brand new units at the same site????????

DecommMan:
I heard TVA is hurting financially - not sure if they could pull off building any new nukes right now.

Roll Tide:

--- Quote ---Rumor going around that TVA and some Jap company are going to build two brand new units at the same site????????
--- End quote ---

I noticed there's a company looking for liasons between TVA and some Japanese company. They wanted previously SRO licensed and bi-lingual Japanese / English. I would be advertising in Japan rather than TN / AL / GA if I wanted to hire someone like that. :-*

I think there's too much invested in BLNP Unit 1 to not finish as nuclear, though Unit 2 may be a candidate for non-nuclear completion since Secondary is finished.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version