Watts Bar

Above Average
23 (44.2%)
Average
16 (30.8%)
Below Average
13 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Watts Bar  (Read 269350 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Watts Bar
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:36 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Doc_REM

Re: Rate Watts Bar
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2002, 07:56 »
Their have some good house people to work WITH!
The plant was easy to work in and the support people where great.

nuketech

« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2003, 05:31 »
i work at watts bar!! i am a nuke tech. THE PEOPLE HERE ARE FRIENDLY AND NICE. this plant is easy to work at

shehane

« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2003, 12:32 »
watts bar is a good plant to work.  the plant (ops and management) are still trying to learn how to run an outage.  the hp management are pretty good people and will stick up for you when the chips fall.  the house techs are good to work with and let you do your job without badgering you.  out in the middle of nowhere but still ok.

oldtimer

« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2003, 10:49 »
:)Worked their fall outage.Good people to work with. Located out in the boonies. Would go back anytime, preferably during warm weather.

IBENNUKED

« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2004, 08:25 »
Nothing special one way or another. I have worked there 2 times and will again. If anything does get your attention it's the people, they are good to work with... Hello Dan W.

wondertech

« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2004, 05:39 »
Worked my third outage at the Barr last fall and had a good time. The house people there are first rate. The aftershift breafasts at the boat dock were a lot of fun as well. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2004, 07:49 »
I worked there in 99', their first refuel..The people were the best. Worked mostly with op's and RE, but spent alot of time with the Boilermakers, they WERE the best guys to work with. 8). Never was union/nonunion  an issue.
Call Before You Dig!

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Watts Bar
« Reply #8 on: Apr 08, 2004, 05:37 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

Surveyors_mato

Re: Watts Bar
« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2004, 02:36 »
There's nothing there. You have to go to Chattanooga or KNoxville.

goaldie

« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2004, 12:27 »
I'm supposed to work at Watts Bar this spring, can anyone tell me anything about it? Is it a good or bad place to work, something's to watch out for? Just anything at all would be appreciated. Thanks..goaldie

oldtimer

« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2005, 03:11 »
 It is in the boonies. The bridge over the dam is supposed to be out for another 2 months. Make sure you get something on the west side of the river. There is no cafeteria on site, bring your lunch. The procedures are very similar to Sequoyal.

ageoldtech

« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2005, 10:26 »
The dam is now open, but i would still look for somthing on the west side.

oldtimer

« Reply #13 on: Feb 16, 2005, 12:08 »
Watts Bar is not paying per diem, because they said, " Why should we, we are already staffed"

duke99301

« Reply #14 on: Mar 10, 2005, 12:01 »
this place is great best thing I ever did was leave plumbrook Nice people here go to work with craft is great.
and good  bucks as to boot.

oldtimer

« Reply #15 on: Mar 10, 2005, 09:31 »
Nightshift in  lower containment and life is great. Will gain ten pounds here this outage.

Offline AS55555

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #16 on: Feb 21, 2006, 01:07 »
Can anyone tell me who the RPM is at Watts Bar and where he/she came from
thanks

ageoldtech

« Reply #17 on: Feb 24, 2006, 05:59 »
There have been 5 RPM's at Watts Bar in the past 2 years. The one we are breaking in at the moment is named Paul Sawyer. He was the RPM at Sequoyah and transfered here back in December of 2005. Started in the Army nuke's in the mid 70's. Worked surry in the the late 70's, been RPM at several utilities over the years. I'll say one thing he's very conservative.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #18 on: Mar 14, 2006, 11:34 »
What is up with Watts Bar diem?  They better start giving up some $$$ or Dinger might end up stuck in the can all by himself!!  Give me diem or give me death.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #19 on: Mar 15, 2006, 04:32 »
They better start coming up with some coin or they are going to be crying when that SGRP starts.

$29 and no diem or
$23 with $1250 A MONTH for 60 days,Then after 60 days your diem will be taxed.
Thats $40 a day,
it's not the normal $80 a day because it is scheduled for more than 60 days for schizzle my nizzel.

All I know is they better stop smoking that tennesse wacki tobaci with those wages or nobody will be there for the sgrp.
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2006, 04:45 by RadBastard »

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #20 on: Mar 15, 2006, 10:57 »
So, what is the real deal with the recent contracts awarded for this 7-month job to decon contaminated tools and equipment? I heard Bartlett got the Rad Engineer part of it and has already staffed it with 4 people. Then, I heard that Bartlett got the technician side also. Kevin O'Toole in Tulsa was taking resumes for that yesterday in Tulsa for Bartlett. Yesterday, someone told me that they called Bartlett and they were told that the technician part of it was already staffed. So, is the SGRP staffed? Is the 7-month decon staffed? Is the rad Engineer side staffed? Can you clear up the rumor mill, because I know there are quite a few people here at the Ridge who might be interested in going to the Bar. Watts Bar, that is....I know they want to go to the other Bar....lol

ageoldtech

« Reply #21 on: Mar 15, 2006, 11:31 »
Dave, RadBastard is right about the wages, that’s the reason nothing is staffed at this time. Who would want to come here for 40’s when you could work an outage for some real bucks. If a new contract is not made soon there’s no way we will staff our fall SGR with Fort Calhoun paying more $.

diliigaf

« Reply #22 on: Mar 15, 2006, 11:36 »
They better start coming up with some coin or they are going to be crying when that SGRP starts.

$29 and no diem or
$23 with $1250 A MONTH for 60 days,Then after 60 days your diem will be taxed.
Thats $40 a day,
it's not the normal $80 a day because it is scheduled for more than 60 days for schizzle my nizzel.

All I know is they better stop smoking that tennesse wacki tobaci with those wages or nobody will be there for the sgrp.

Radbastard,
     I agree with you that they will play hell finding techs at those wages...but the problem is there are too many fools that will go anyway...

And as usual they will bitch about the money after the fact...

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #23 on: Mar 15, 2006, 01:21 »
Dave,
The word I got was that the engineering contract was filled the moment the contract was awarded. The contract called for the companies to send in ten names of the people that they were going to staff it with in the bid proposal. as far as the outage and the 7 month decon I have no idear on that situation.

stirfry in TN
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

LaFeet

« Reply #24 on: Mar 15, 2006, 08:21 »
All Watts Bar needs is a good Lead Tech, everything else will fall in place after that! 8)

I would have loved to have gone there but the pay just does not make it worthwhile.......they gotta get the diem problem fixed.  I can live with a slightly lower hourly rate, just pay me good diem and put me to work for at least 72 hours a week.   ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2006, 09:58 by LaFeet »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?