Watts Bar

Above Average
23 (44.2%)
Average
16 (30.8%)
Below Average
13 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Watts Bar  (Read 269370 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Watts Bar
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:36 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Doc_REM

Re: Rate Watts Bar
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2002, 07:56 »
Their have some good house people to work WITH!
The plant was easy to work in and the support people where great.

nuketech

« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2003, 05:31 »
i work at watts bar!! i am a nuke tech. THE PEOPLE HERE ARE FRIENDLY AND NICE. this plant is easy to work at

shehane

« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2003, 12:32 »
watts bar is a good plant to work.  the plant (ops and management) are still trying to learn how to run an outage.  the hp management are pretty good people and will stick up for you when the chips fall.  the house techs are good to work with and let you do your job without badgering you.  out in the middle of nowhere but still ok.

oldtimer

« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2003, 10:49 »
:)Worked their fall outage.Good people to work with. Located out in the boonies. Would go back anytime, preferably during warm weather.

IBENNUKED

« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2004, 08:25 »
Nothing special one way or another. I have worked there 2 times and will again. If anything does get your attention it's the people, they are good to work with... Hello Dan W.

wondertech

« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2004, 05:39 »
Worked my third outage at the Barr last fall and had a good time. The house people there are first rate. The aftershift breafasts at the boat dock were a lot of fun as well. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2004, 07:49 »
I worked there in 99', their first refuel..The people were the best. Worked mostly with op's and RE, but spent alot of time with the Boilermakers, they WERE the best guys to work with. 8). Never was union/nonunion  an issue.
Call Before You Dig!

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Watts Bar
« Reply #8 on: Apr 08, 2004, 05:37 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

Surveyors_mato

Re: Watts Bar
« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2004, 02:36 »
There's nothing there. You have to go to Chattanooga or KNoxville.

goaldie

« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2004, 12:27 »
I'm supposed to work at Watts Bar this spring, can anyone tell me anything about it? Is it a good or bad place to work, something's to watch out for? Just anything at all would be appreciated. Thanks..goaldie

oldtimer

« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2005, 03:11 »
 It is in the boonies. The bridge over the dam is supposed to be out for another 2 months. Make sure you get something on the west side of the river. There is no cafeteria on site, bring your lunch. The procedures are very similar to Sequoyal.

ageoldtech

« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2005, 10:26 »
The dam is now open, but i would still look for somthing on the west side.

oldtimer

« Reply #13 on: Feb 16, 2005, 12:08 »
Watts Bar is not paying per diem, because they said, " Why should we, we are already staffed"

duke99301

« Reply #14 on: Mar 10, 2005, 12:01 »
this place is great best thing I ever did was leave plumbrook Nice people here go to work with craft is great.
and good  bucks as to boot.

oldtimer

« Reply #15 on: Mar 10, 2005, 09:31 »
Nightshift in  lower containment and life is great. Will gain ten pounds here this outage.

Offline AS55555

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #16 on: Feb 21, 2006, 01:07 »
Can anyone tell me who the RPM is at Watts Bar and where he/she came from
thanks

ageoldtech

« Reply #17 on: Feb 24, 2006, 05:59 »
There have been 5 RPM's at Watts Bar in the past 2 years. The one we are breaking in at the moment is named Paul Sawyer. He was the RPM at Sequoyah and transfered here back in December of 2005. Started in the Army nuke's in the mid 70's. Worked surry in the the late 70's, been RPM at several utilities over the years. I'll say one thing he's very conservative.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #18 on: Mar 14, 2006, 11:34 »
What is up with Watts Bar diem?  They better start giving up some $$$ or Dinger might end up stuck in the can all by himself!!  Give me diem or give me death.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #19 on: Mar 15, 2006, 04:32 »
They better start coming up with some coin or they are going to be crying when that SGRP starts.

$29 and no diem or
$23 with $1250 A MONTH for 60 days,Then after 60 days your diem will be taxed.
Thats $40 a day,
it's not the normal $80 a day because it is scheduled for more than 60 days for schizzle my nizzel.

All I know is they better stop smoking that tennesse wacki tobaci with those wages or nobody will be there for the sgrp.
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2006, 04:45 by RadBastard »

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #20 on: Mar 15, 2006, 10:57 »
So, what is the real deal with the recent contracts awarded for this 7-month job to decon contaminated tools and equipment? I heard Bartlett got the Rad Engineer part of it and has already staffed it with 4 people. Then, I heard that Bartlett got the technician side also. Kevin O'Toole in Tulsa was taking resumes for that yesterday in Tulsa for Bartlett. Yesterday, someone told me that they called Bartlett and they were told that the technician part of it was already staffed. So, is the SGRP staffed? Is the 7-month decon staffed? Is the rad Engineer side staffed? Can you clear up the rumor mill, because I know there are quite a few people here at the Ridge who might be interested in going to the Bar. Watts Bar, that is....I know they want to go to the other Bar....lol

ageoldtech

« Reply #21 on: Mar 15, 2006, 11:31 »
Dave, RadBastard is right about the wages, that’s the reason nothing is staffed at this time. Who would want to come here for 40’s when you could work an outage for some real bucks. If a new contract is not made soon there’s no way we will staff our fall SGR with Fort Calhoun paying more $.

diliigaf

« Reply #22 on: Mar 15, 2006, 11:36 »
They better start coming up with some coin or they are going to be crying when that SGRP starts.

$29 and no diem or
$23 with $1250 A MONTH for 60 days,Then after 60 days your diem will be taxed.
Thats $40 a day,
it's not the normal $80 a day because it is scheduled for more than 60 days for schizzle my nizzel.

All I know is they better stop smoking that tennesse wacki tobaci with those wages or nobody will be there for the sgrp.

Radbastard,
     I agree with you that they will play hell finding techs at those wages...but the problem is there are too many fools that will go anyway...

And as usual they will bitch about the money after the fact...

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #23 on: Mar 15, 2006, 01:21 »
Dave,
The word I got was that the engineering contract was filled the moment the contract was awarded. The contract called for the companies to send in ten names of the people that they were going to staff it with in the bid proposal. as far as the outage and the 7 month decon I have no idear on that situation.

stirfry in TN
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

LaFeet

« Reply #24 on: Mar 15, 2006, 08:21 »
All Watts Bar needs is a good Lead Tech, everything else will fall in place after that! 8)

I would have loved to have gone there but the pay just does not make it worthwhile.......they gotta get the diem problem fixed.  I can live with a slightly lower hourly rate, just pay me good diem and put me to work for at least 72 hours a week.   ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2006, 09:58 by LaFeet »

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #25 on: Mar 16, 2006, 11:23 »
Besides, TVA ill be here when we are all a wheel chair grandpa. How many cycles at SQN without per diem? And when they finally break down, they put in a clause that >60 days and you still dont get it (TVA). On top of that, they steal all your holidays away from us(no pay).

The best thing is for them to not raise the rate or give per diem, and every road tech goes somewhere to make some real money. The SGRP last 9 months, the local techs make a fortune, the road techs make their money (tax free) and the only people who get the shaft (for a change) is maybe the utility.

The beauty of our job is we can go where we want. If you dont want to goto Watts Bar, then dont; if you want to go, you can be there Monday. Either way, you do what makes you happy and feeds your family. There is no reason to goto WBN and lower the Radcon IQ average, unless you got nothing else to do. 8)
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2006, 12:16 by Rennhack »
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

LaFeet

« Reply #26 on: Mar 17, 2006, 04:00 »
The beauty of our job is we can go where we want. If you dont want to goto Watts Bar, then dont; if you want to go, you can be there Monday. Either way, you do what makes you happy and feeds your family. There is no reason to goto WBN and lower the Radcon IQ average, unless you got nothing else to do. 8)

Praise the Lord.....

RADBASTARD

« Reply #27 on: Mar 17, 2006, 04:49 »
Besides, TVA ill be here when we are all a wheel chair grandpa. How many cycles at SQN without per diem? And when they finally break down, they put in a clause that >60 days and you still dont get it (TVA). On top of that, they steal all your holidays away from us(no pay).

The best thing is for them to not raise the rate or give per diem, and every road tech goes somewhere to make some real money. The SGRP last 9 months, the local techs make a fortune, the road techs make their money (tax free) and the only people who get the shaft (for a change) is maybe the utility.

Dream TARHEEL, I think anybody who falls for the TVA crap money and goes there,THEY SHOULD STOP DRINKING THE KOOL AID.
Jim Jones once ran a scam like that and everybody drank the Kool Aid because he said too and died!
Going to watts barr the have got to be selling the people some good shit to go there and fall for the crap their selling?
I would love to have a list of who goes there so everybody will know and we can all laugh at them.
I can understand the locals to a point but travelers who go there are idiots.
Their sending our wages back to the stone age or at least the 1980's
If I want to see the 80's again I'll watch VH1
PEACE OUT
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2006, 04:52 by RadBastard »

LaFeet

« Reply #28 on: Mar 17, 2006, 04:50 »
Dream TARHEEL, I think any body who falls for the TVA crap money and goes there,THEY SHOULD STOP DRINKING THE COOL AID.
Jim Jones once ran a scam like that and everybody drank the cool aid because he said too and died!
Going to watts barr the have got to be selling the people some good shit to go there and fall for the crap their selling?
I would love to have a list of who goes there so everybody will know and we can all laugh at them.
I can understand the locals to a point but travelers who go there are idiots.Their sending our wages back to the stone age or at least the 1980's
PEACE OUT

Gotcha again

RADBASTARD

« Reply #29 on: Mar 17, 2006, 05:03 »
I did hear that they were giving everybody for christmas a tube of KY jelly as a stocking stuffer to thank you for coming to their outage.
so they can ease it in.

ageoldtech

« Reply #30 on: Mar 17, 2006, 07:07 »
I received a 55 gallon drum when I got here!

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #31 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:05 »
That's all good stuff. You guys should take your comedy routine on the road. You would probably make more money!!

Anyway, the technicians coming in right now and recently, what company or companies are they coming in to work for?

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #32 on: Mar 17, 2006, 02:52 »
I can understand the locals to a point but travelers who go there are idiots.
Their sending our wages back to the stone age or at least the 1980's
PEACE OUT

There is no point to understand where the locals are concerned. How stupid to you have to be to travel 1000 miles and have extra expenses, if that's not what you want to do. If you have kids, and some do, working at home is the right thing to do if you can.

But again, I agree, the travelers should just stay away, it's the only thing that makes sense. Make them WBN house techs do something, like everything! Someone be sure to post the pictures for each of the Christmas Parties at the SGRP.
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2006, 02:59 by Dream Tarheel »

LaFeet

« Reply #33 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:08 »
Ya gotta do whatch gotta do  ;D

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #34 on: Mar 17, 2006, 11:09 »
Some union boys would do something similar to this; they would get a list of all the scabs, and beat the crap out of them.  It’s not very civilized, but it sure is effective.

That's kinda funny.
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2006, 11:11 by Dream Tarheel »

duke99301

« Reply #35 on: Mar 18, 2006, 03:26 »
I was there and loved it 40 an hour and 85 a day last years outage good gig ran into a lot of guys I had not seen snice Oconne's SGRP.
anyways very nice place to work pleasent drive and Nice people at the plant .
If it was not for the good gig I got now I be there!

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #36 on: Mar 18, 2006, 11:50 »
O'yea, rumor is if they can't staff by 8-15-06, it's gonna go up to 33.43/hr and 16.75 aday. 8)

LaFeet

« Reply #37 on: Mar 19, 2006, 02:08 »
I think I will skip that outage in favor of another, even with the bump in pay - if it happens

Offline TN-Man

• Light User
  • It's not the ending that matters..It's the journey
« Reply #38 on: Mar 20, 2006, 01:12 »
Despite all the talk on here I took the job. I start 4/3. A summer of 40's is better than being laid off, like I am looking at here at ORNL. There is not much of a future here and the $29.00/hr is $.85 more on the hour. Besides I am ready to work indoors again. I'll post how it is. I hear the folks there are good to work with. So don't send the union or the mafia to beat me up. I have a kid on the way this summer and need to feed him and his Mama.
Sometimes I look back on my life and think I could have had to work for a living. Thank God, I'm an HP.

ageoldtech

« Reply #39 on: Mar 20, 2006, 03:12 »
Glad to hear, we need all the help we can get.

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #40 on: Mar 20, 2006, 05:54 »
hey TN man

If worried bout the mafia FUGETABOUDIT...Just have L ot T start your car

good luck and keep in touch

bada bing   ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2006, 05:55 by stirfry »
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

foreverajr

« Reply #41 on: Mar 21, 2006, 01:48 »
Watts Bar truly is a great place to work.  It is a place where they still expect you do to things correctly, even though you may be used to the "slap it back together and we'll see how long it lasts" mentality from other nuclear facilities.  The house techs, and the returnee road techs that come in, are awesome.  The area isn't that expensive, it's beautiful and to tell the truth, there isn't a better place to be in the summer time than Watts Bar Lake.  The payrate isn't quite as high as other plants, but then again, there is something to be said about not dreading the beginning of your shift.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #42 on: Mar 21, 2006, 06:57 »
Despite all the talk on here I took the job. I start 4/3. A summer of 40's is better than being laid off, like I am looking at here at ORNL. There is not much of a future here and the $29.00/hr is $.85 more on the hour. Besides I am ready to work indoors again. I'll post how it is. I hear the folks there are good to work with. So don't send the union or the mafia to beat me up. I have a kid on the way this summer and need to feed him and his Mama.
TN-MAN
We won't have to beat you up.
You working for those wages is puinshment enough.If your local I can't hate u to much,but if u are a traveler you have got to be crazy.You can make more on unemployment and sitting at the house then working 40's with double the expences.You'll be working for free then.
God bless you
There's more money to be made out there.
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2006, 09:48 by RadBastard »

RedNeckRadcon

« Reply #43 on: Mar 21, 2006, 07:54 »
TN-MAN
We won't have to beat you up.
You working for those wages is puinshment enough.If your local I can't hate u to much,but if u are a traveler you have got to be crazy.You can make more on unemployment and sitting at the house then working 40's with double the expences.That's why Lincoln freed the slaves.You'll be working for free then.
God bless you
There's more money to be made out there.

I dont know what you are talking about.. I was able to make in the 90s last year working for TVA and was able to write off the lack of PD at a rate of 100 per day. (I would say not bad for a Slave)

After Taxes that comes out to $29 per hr and 100 a day DM.  (With a very nice Check at the end of the Year)

You can travel around the contry doing 5 or 6 outages if you want, I will gust stay here in Tennessee and get all there money that I can.

PS If any one out there don't want to come to tennessee to work for punishing wages, for gods sake please do us and your self a favor and go some were else.

PSS It is a lot warmer here in Tennessee than say New Jersey or PA, and a heck of a lot better to look at to.
 ;D

LaFeet

« Reply #44 on: Mar 22, 2006, 12:47 »
Did you work all year long? at 40 hours a week?

If so, then thats 45 $/hour

If you worked 50 weeks and totaled 3000 hours, then that would be 30 $/hour

illegalsmile

« Reply #45 on: Mar 22, 2006, 06:44 »
I'm sittin' here on the shores of Lake Erie, hatin' life, and the people who told me this was the only opening they had (I'll let you guess who that might B). If y'all can tell me how to get to Tennessee to work, please do so.
I spent 8 mos at Oak Ridge and my neck still hurts from snappin' it around checkin' out the cuties in Knoxville....and they are mostly attitude-free.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #46 on: Mar 22, 2006, 07:08 »
I dont know what you are talking about.. I was able to make in the 90s last year working for TVA and was able to write off the lack of PD at a rate of 100 per day. (I would say not bad for a Slave)

After Taxes that comes out to $29 per hr and 100 a day DM.  (With a very nice Check at the end of the Year)

You can travel around the contry doing 5 or 6 outages if you want, I will gust stay here in Tennessee and get all there money that I can.

PS If any one out there don't want to come to tennessee to work for punishing wages, for gods sake please do us and your self a favor and go some were else.

PSS It is a lot warmer here in Tennessee than say New Jersey or PA, and a heck of a lot better to look at to.
 ;D

I hope you have receipts for that $100/day.  The idea that you can write off  a deduction for per diem you didn't get is an urban myth that has landed a lot of roadies in a vat of boiling water with the IRS.
If you work nowhere else, you can't write anything off anyway, per-diem or not.  I realize that it is impossible to get an HP to do something as silly as this, but try reading the actual rules on this.  The IRS will send you a copy for free, or you can get it at www.irs.gov.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #47 on: Mar 22, 2006, 07:13 »
I hope you have receipts for that $100/day.  The idea that you can write off  a deduction for per diem you didn't get is an urban myth that has landed a lot of roadies in a vat of boiling water with the IRS.
If you work nowhere else, you can't write anything off anyway, per-diem or not.  I realize that it is impossible to get an HP to do something as silly as this, but try reading the actual rules on this.  The IRS will send you a copy for free, or you can get it at www.irs.gov.

Troy is right.  We've both been telling people this for years.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #48 on: Mar 22, 2006, 07:48 »
Did you work all year long? at 40 hours a week?

If so, then thats 45 $/hour

If you worked 50 weeks and totaled 3000 hours, then that would be 30 $/hour

If you work 16 weeks of 84 hrs per week at $29/hour, that's $49184.  If you worked the remaining 36 weeks at 40 hrs/week, that's $41760.  That totals to $90944.

So, it is possible (theoretically) to make "in the 90's", from working only TVA.  Maybe RedneckRadCon is a local favorite who never gets a layoff.  It happens sometimes.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

LaFeet

« Reply #49 on: Mar 22, 2006, 04:58 »
Okay I can see that happening

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #50 on: Mar 22, 2006, 07:24 »
Besides I am ready to work indoors again.

FYI, it was aweful cold this morning with that wind blowing, but my frisker didnt freeze up once, just so you dont get that big surprise they forgot to tell you about.
« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2006, 07:26 by Dream Tarheel »

RADBASTARD

« Reply #51 on: Mar 22, 2006, 07:53 »
BEERCOURT ,
I would like to know how anybody gets to work 16 weeks of outage at TVA ,there short?
Also where they get to work 84 hours a week at TVA???
You make a good case but in the real world of hp they numbers don't crunch up right.
He is one really lucky HP

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #52 on: Mar 22, 2006, 08:42 »
Heck, I dunno.  How many units do they have?  I was just trying to come up with a scenario that was possible.  I never offered my opinion as to whether or not it was likely.
I find that most HP's exaggerate their annual incomes, usually by counting every dollar of per diem as a buck and a half of income and neglecting to subtract all those hotel and travel expenses.
I figure a contract HP in a good year makes between 50 - 60 grand, plus another 5k - 9k in "unspent" per diem.  Add on another 12 - 14 large for unemployment, and you wind up with a total in the neighborhood of $75,000.  Anybody who says he made more than that is probably stretching it a bit.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #53 on: Mar 22, 2006, 09:36 »
I agree with beer, but there are a few exceptions, I think.  Couples that get a years worth of work somewhere who own RVs and get a fairly big payrate plus decent diem probably come close to hitting or topping 100k each. The exception and not the rule.  Maybe it was Rocky Flats or some place where people were banking big dollars for wearing respirators and working 72-84 hours a week??  I dunno, but seems possible if the stars align correctly.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #54 on: Mar 22, 2006, 11:12 »
Heck, I dunno.  How many units do they have?  I was just trying to come up with a scenario that was possible.  I never offered my opinion as to whether or not it was likely.
I find that most HP's exaggerate their annual incomes, usually by counting every dollar of per diem as a buck and a half of income and neglecting to subtract all those hotel and travel expenses.
I figure a contract HP in a good year makes between 50 - 60 grand, plus another 5k - 9k in "unspent" per diem.  Add on another 12 - 14 large for unemployment, and you wind up with a total in the neighborhood of $75,000.  Anybody who says he made more than that is probably stretching it a bit.
BEERCOURT AMEN MY BROTHER! You hit the nail on the head.That money sounds about right you said with wages,diem,unenjoyment
Usally when an hp tells you something about money it's a half truth.Then of that 1/2 only believe 1/2 of that.
RADBASTARD

Offline TN-Man

• Light User
« Reply #55 on: Mar 23, 2006, 11:44 »
FYI, it was aweful cold this morning with that wind blowing, but my frisker didnt freeze up once, just so you dont get that big surprise they forgot to tell you about.

Does this mean we are doing tool decon outside??

RadBastard,
Yes I am local....
Sometimes I look back on my life and think I could have had to work for a living. Thank God, I'm an HP.

ageoldtech

« Reply #56 on: Mar 23, 2006, 01:40 »
TN-Man, were doing some outside frisking on some material that came from other utilities, "a clean sweep project". We should be about finished by the time to you get trained. For tool decon, we have a new decon building, I just set up a PM-7 and a PCM-2 in there this morning.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #57 on: Mar 23, 2006, 07:24 »
Does this mean we are doing tool decon outside??

RadBastard,
Yes I am local....

Tn-man ,
That's cool your a local.
I can understand people who are local that work there with family close.

It's travelers that go when they can make alot more money elsewhere than at those wages.
If nobody but the locals put in and it was hard to staff,they may have to raise the wages to get people to come,not this nickle dime BS.
This would benifit all in the future,It's common sence.
Although common sence in this bizz is out the window.
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2006, 05:49 by Rennhack »

RADBASTARD

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2006, 03:46 »
Well ,I like to think all of our slamming and bad mouthing of watts bar about the messed up per diem situation paid off.

The few of us who took it in our hands to stir the pot,hamsamich,lafeet to say a few, paid off for everyone out there.

We caught alot of grief from people,but if no one took it in their hands we may still be getting no diem or $1250 a month then it's taxed.

We can effect change out there if we stick together.

your comrade in arms
RADBASTARD
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 03:49 by RadBastard »

Industry_event

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2006, 07:27 »
BRAVO RAD BASTARD,
IF WE DID NOT STICK TOGETHER WE ALL WOULD STILL BE GETTING $25 HR.
WE STUCK TOGETHER AND GOT A $4 HR RAISE.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2006, 08:38 »
Industry Event,

Thanks for posting. Please try not to use all caps though. It is the internet equivalent of shouting at someone, besides it's against the forum rules. I know you didn't mean to shout, even though you are happy ;)

Thanks again for posting, and please keep doing so ;D
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2006, 08:08 »
I guess personal sensorship is alive and well on this site.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2006, 09:24 »
No it isn't.  The posts you're looking for have been moved to Talk About Bartlett.

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2006, 09:52 »
Thanks Beercourt, I stand corrected.

8)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2006, 12:16 »
No it isn't.  The posts you're looking for have been moved to Talk About Bartlett.

Darnit! I was hoping to keep the mirage of repression and despotism going for a few more days at least.... ;)

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #65 on: Jun 02, 2006, 06:23 »
The SGRP started Tuesday, summer work!

And big brother is watching and reading, guess we got sold out for 30 pieces of silver. 8)

Foxy Silver

« Reply #66 on: Jun 12, 2006, 02:47 »
Just in case your on your way to WBN, here is the latest.............

All Techs are required to pass an S3-S4 physical and a respirator fit, I guess the rubber sucking days are back, for this outage anyway.

Buyer Beware!

ageoldtech

« Reply #67 on: Jun 12, 2006, 03:53 »
Techs are required to pass a Physical not necessarily a S3 or S4.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #68 on: Jun 13, 2006, 10:46 »
Techs are required to pass a Physical not necessarily a S3 or S4.
During the SQN SGRP they wanted as many as possible for flexibility....

Prepare to be flexible!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

foreverajr

« Reply #69 on: Jun 13, 2006, 11:54 »
I didn't realize that it was the SGRP that started.  I was under the impression that Watts Bar was shut down due to problems with the turbine.  I heard it was going to be a 21 day outage for repair.  Did you mean that they were bringing in Techs now in preparation for the SGRP this fall?

ageoldtech

« Reply #70 on: Jun 13, 2006, 04:27 »
The SGR has not started, and is still scheduled for 09/11/06. The forced outage should last about 19 days. Yes we are bringing in technicians now in preparation for the SGR.

Foxy Silver

« Reply #71 on: Jun 13, 2006, 06:12 »
Hey OldTech, Do you even work for Bartlett, or do you just know everything?

ageoldtech

« Reply #72 on: Jun 14, 2006, 06:23 »
Silver, It doesn’t say Bartlett on my pay check, But I am here none the less.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #73 on: Jun 15, 2006, 05:07 »
Hey Bone call me!
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

foreverajr

« Reply #74 on: Jul 13, 2006, 01:39 »
I was just wondering if anyone else was having trouble getting into Watts Bar for the SGRP.  A friend of mine confirmed her position at Watts Bar months ago.  She called Bartlett because her hire-in date is rapidly approaching and she hadn't recieved a in-processing package yet.  Bartlett then informed her that they had given her spot away....didn't call to tell her, or anything.  Does this happen a lot or is it just Watts Bar?  I don't understand.  I was never treated like that by Bartlett back in the day.

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #75 on: Jul 13, 2006, 07:06 »
Gave it away!

Very strange, never heard that before about Watts Bar. Must be more to the story, gotta be, but that is very strange. But then again, Watts Bar is under new management. And slowly but surely, things are changing. 8)

Nuclear can be a very strange thing sometimes, and things dont make sense sometimes; that's for sure. But my understanding is they have it staffed (for the most part), so getting in now could be tough, but dont stop if you really want in. There is alot of people on their way there, but they are not in the door yet! :D

Or maybe it's not Watts Bar, always a chance of that. Maybe Eric will latch on to this one and spread some sunshine on it.

It's all yours Eric.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2006, 07:08 by Dream Tarheel »

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #76 on: Jul 14, 2006, 12:24 »
...A friend of mine confirmed her position at Watts Bar months ago.  She called Bartlett because her hire-in date is rapidly approaching and she hadn't recieved a in-processing package yet.  Bartlett then informed her that they had given her spot away....didn't call to tell her, or anything...
...Maybe Eric will latch on to this one and spread some sunshine on it...It's all yours Eric.

Dunno what to say - would need to know who it is and who she "confirmed" with...there have been a few people that have been told that they were approved, but at that point in time did not want to confirm, then called back later in the game after it was staffed only to find out that "their" spot had been filled...but as stated before with out knowing names and circumstances I wouldn't be able to address the situation appropriatly .  Sorry if I wasn't any help.

Eric
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2006, 04:16 by Rennhack »
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

foreverajr

« Reply #77 on: Jul 14, 2006, 04:59 »
I have PM'd Eric.  Thanks a bunch.

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #78 on: Jul 14, 2006, 07:46 »
Thanks Eric,

Just like always, you got your ear to the ground, checkin on that renta-tech heart beat. It's good to know your listening. But I agree with you, you gotta know the "WHOLE" story. 8)

« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2006, 07:47 by Dream Tarheel »

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #79 on: Jul 31, 2006, 03:04 »

The TVA Board Friday authorized a comprehensive evaluation of the cost and schedule for completing the second unit at Watts Bar Nuclear Plant to determine if it is a viable option to meet future power demand.

The Board approved a recommendation from the Operations, Environment and Safety Committee to begin a Detailed Scoping, Estimating and Planning study for Watts Bar Unit 2, similar to a study TVA did on Unit 1 at Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant.

The Board approved the study along with the 2007 fiscal year budget, which includes $20 million to begin the study, at a meeting in Knoxville.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_90056.asp

Source: www.chattanoogan.com

Am I the only one excited about resuming construction? TVA would love to slip a unit in the back door prior to the ABWR & AP1000 construction flurry that is hopefully approaching.
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2006, 03:05 by Roll Tide »
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

ageoldtech

« Reply #80 on: Jul 31, 2006, 03:18 »
Unit 1 just crapped out at 12:15 today, don't know the full extent of the damage yet or if it will affect our SGR, but assessment teams are on the way in.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #81 on: Aug 01, 2006, 12:34 »
Lots of folks planning on working the SGRP. How about a heads up if that schedule changes?

ageoldtech

« Reply #82 on: Aug 01, 2006, 02:19 »
Sure thing Roll Tide, I’ve got my finger on the pulse. We have a leak on the Safety injection system inside the polar crane wall that will require some welding and we have some turbine generator issues that have not been total addressed yet. As of now the outage is still a go for 9/11/06.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #83 on: Aug 02, 2006, 11:42 »
Devil's advocate here.........

When I was at Oak Ridge, word on the street was this:
Alot of folks were pretty miffed when they all sent their resumes to Bartlett for a special project at Watts Bar prior to the SGRP, and the next thing you know, their co-workers are saying "Hey, Bartlett called me about Watts Bar, and I didn't even submit".

The conspiracy theories snowballed, and the consensus was that they used alot of resumes in the contract pre-approval process, that never even got considered for the jobs there. The fix was in, and Bartlett knew well in advance, who was going and who wasn't.

Just what I observed folks.....Eric would have never let that happen anyway.. :)

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #84 on: Aug 02, 2006, 04:35 »
Maybe............

Resumes were sent in, "QUALIFIED PEOPLE" were requested and contacted and after they shook the bag, they accepted the ones they took. WBN that is, not Bartlett. Just cause you send in your resume, doesn't mean they cant call someone who didnt send one in.

Whats so covert about that, been the way Nuclear Power operates for decades. 8)

like I said, Maybe..........

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #85 on: Aug 03, 2006, 08:52 »
Maybe I won the Powerball last night too.....

This industry has been that way forever. You are correct. I just thought I would throw out some fodder for the good old boys down at Oak Ridge, who didn't get a shot at the WBN network....

We gotta stick together. It's a scary world out there...

ageoldtech

« Reply #86 on: Aug 03, 2006, 10:15 »
Dream Tarheel is correct; the résumé’s were approved by TVA and contract personnel. At one point there were over 200 résumé’s on the table.  TVA was looking for techs with SGR experience, with Ft. Calhoun happening at the same time and paying more cash, those folks were hard to find. A percentage of the people on the list were brought in simply because they were TVA returnees and would need no training. Training was a huge concern, due to the fact that TVA had limited resources in the training department. For some of the non returnees it took 6 months to complete all their training. We also hand picked techs that were not on the initial list, but that was mostly for ALARA engineering, supervisors, lead techs and radwaste positions.
Plant Update: The unit is now in mode 3, the SI leak is repaired, and we should sink back to the grid this weekend if all goes well.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #87 on: Aug 03, 2006, 10:25 »
Hey, it sounds like you were keeping it real, ageoldtech.

As long as you got the most qualified techs, that's all that matters....

foreverajr

« Reply #88 on: Aug 03, 2006, 02:03 »
I know for a fact that there were a few brand new juniors who were brought in early.  I won't disclose the reason, but it wasn't all on the up and up.  They were brought in before returnees and locals which does upset people.....can't imagine why.  It hasn't happened to me, getting kicked aside for a junior right off the street, however seeing it happen to friends/family is never fun.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #89 on: Aug 03, 2006, 02:31 »
I knew there was a straight shooter out there somewhere.

So, obviously, the rumors weren't all false.
Hey, foreverajr, kudos to you for keeping it real.

From the consensus, some of the folks that went there were not what you might call the most qualified or the elite. I guess it all boils down to which side of the game you are on.

foreverajr

« Reply #90 on: Aug 03, 2006, 02:48 »
Oh, I'm not trying to stir up trouble.  Really, I'm not.  No matter who Bartlett turns in for a job, it's ultimately Watts Bar's decision which techs come in and at what time.  I've been in the buisiness for a while....long enough to realize that things aren't always fair.  Having said that, when I think back, I was always brought in early and kept way after the outage was over.  I'd like to think it was because I was a good tech, an added bonus that I was a local returnee.  I'm sure that was part of it, however I maintained good relationships with people at that plant.....even to this day. 

I know that there were newbies that were hired in before locals and returnees.....I know this because people close to me were pushed back.  I just hate to see it, thats all. 

ageoldtech

« Reply #91 on: Aug 03, 2006, 03:35 »
Foreverajr, where did you get your start? I too was a junior at one time. Newbie’s were brought in, a total of 3. At this time they are not being used as Junior Techs. They were brought in because we needed laborers to shake out over 200,000 lbs of shielding. Plant services did not have the resources. Newbie juniors also cost less than Senior Techs. I don’t know many Techs that want to come here just to hump lead, and as for family and friends, yes my son is now a laborer making junior pay and I’m very proud of him! 

foreverajr

« Reply #92 on: Aug 03, 2006, 03:56 »
In my previous posts, I don't think I was trying to make any job look like it wasn't difficult.  Even when I was a newbie....Junior Techs were not used to hump lead at any TVA site.  That was a job for plant services.  I have done it before at other sites, it's hard work.  My point was that brand new right off the street junior technicians were hired in while other junior technicians, that are local and returnees, were given a much later hire in date.  As far as cheaper pay....of course brand new junior techs are going to be cheaper than a seasoned senior tech.  However, two juniors, one local and one that requires diem......which one would cost less?  I could be wrong, but it would appear that a local would be a more appropriate choice.

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #93 on: Aug 03, 2006, 05:07 »
YEA YEA YEA!

Somedays you get the job, somedays the job gets you.

A junior is a junior. Everybody needs connections, sometimes you got them and sometimes you dont, another part of the Nuclear Business.

As far a the two before mentioned 'early entry draft pick' juniors, one is a senior now and the other is "priceless", (it's what I hear).

Seems like they were two good decisions to me. The wonderful thing is, we live in the United States of America, you have the right to not like decisions made not in your or your family favor. We all have been there at one time or another.

And that "Son of a Ageoldtech", some people might have a problem with it, and they are usually the ones who forget the people who help them when they were starting out, nothing wrong with it. More power to them. I'd hire my entire family if I was the site coordinator. 8)

But he was correct, them MEN were brought in to move lead, alot of lead. Special picked? I would hope so, seeing how not everyone can handle lead. I cant, the blankets are taller than I am.

We all sometimes wish we had someone to take care of use from time to time, and kids espically are lucky to have a dad or uncle who can help them and steer them in the right direction.

Couple of Seniors out there who could still use some "Parental Guidence"! 8)

But back to the Oak Ridge Tech thing, lets do keep it real. Just cause your 5 year vacation @ DOE is over dont mean WBN needs you.

Just a thought.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #94 on: Aug 04, 2006, 11:31 »
Unit 1 just crapped out at 12:15 today, don't know the full extent of the damage yet or if it will affect our SGR, but assessment teams are on the way in.

http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/event-status/event/2006/20060801en.html

AUTOMATIC REACTOR TRIP DUE TO MAIN GENERATOR TRIP

"At approximately 1213 hours on July 31, 2006, with Watts Bar Nuclear Plant Unit 1 operating normally at 100% power, the main generator tripped resulting in a reactor trip per design.

"All control rods inserted [fully] and the auxiliary feedwater system [AFW] automatically actuated per design and the reactor was stabilized in mode 3. This event is reportable under 10 CFR 50.72(b)(2)(iv)(B) for the reactor trip (4-hour report) and under 10 CFR 50.72(b)(3)(iv)(A ) for the RPS [reactor protection system] and AFW actuations (8-hour report).

"The cause of the generator trip is currently under investigation."

Steam is being released via steam dump to the condenser and all systems functioned as required.

The licensee notified the NRC Resident Inspector.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #95 on: Sep 03, 2006, 03:15 »
This one should make for some interesting reading in the future!

RADBASTARD

« Reply #96 on: Sep 03, 2006, 11:14 »
Yeah and i heard that they cut the jrs from 72 to 60 hrs even before the start of the outage.
Man it sux to be them 6-10's.
I bet they wish they went some where else

foreverajr

« Reply #97 on: Sep 05, 2006, 03:29 »
At first they told the juniors that they would be working 7 10's - taking away their day off, but leaving them short of a 72 hour work week.  Now some juniors are on 6 8's and some are on 6 10's.  I'm sure that they wish that they had gone somewhere else.  However, my source says that there are a ton of new kids right off the street.  It's hard to get work when you are brand new, so you go where they will take you.  But I do hear that the workers aren't as happy as normal which means it will only be harder to get techs in the future.  (Maybe a reason for all the newbies?)  Watts Bar really is a great place to work, so I hate that for them.

Offline tigger

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #98 on: Sep 06, 2006, 04:07 »
I am sorry to say, but the juniors that were last brought in, screwed themselves out of 10 hours. Someone had the bright idea to write up a petition..... And 26 out of 31 signed it. So the answer to the petition was 6- 10's, not 6- 12's like some would have liked. This was brought on themselves. Being a jr, and also liking money... well, I am quite ticked off that a few people who didn't like what was being given to them couldn't suck it up. Now those of us that were already inside the plant have lost out on hours. Sure no one was happy about it, but that is what we were being given for hours.
To be honest I am surprised the RPM's answer wasn't to send those that signed it down the road and hire in others.
No matter where you go, people will be unhappy about something. To those I say... please grow up and keep the nasties to yourself.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #99 on: Sep 06, 2006, 07:47 »
Hum, Interesting Tigger.

Sounds like an excellent method for promoting open communications. 

Hey, if you got a problem, let us know, but not in writting and especially not that problem!

Yea, one could figure that the Juniors are expendable, but I think not!  I heard the number is around thirty.  I find it hard to believe any manager wants to cut 30 of their staff before an outage, especially as a result of addressing a problem of concern.  Maybe the site just found it in their heart to bring in a group of juniors and provide a training environment for some new techs!  In reality I believe they are a necessary portion of the staff augmentation and serve a very necessary function.  Of course you still have to deal with the junior jokes!

Seems that Health Physics Management has become so preoccupied with preserving their pedistool, they can't see the building falling down around them and the outage hasn't even started!

Rumor has it four seniors have bailed this week, more to come? I heard the other companies phone number is etch in just about every phone in the plant!  Actually just hit redial, odds are it will get you there!

Be Safe, RG

PS:  If you haven't lined up other opportunities for October and November, your looking at a lean Holiday season! 

diliigaf

« Reply #100 on: Sep 06, 2006, 08:14 »

Tigger,
  I was wondering,what was the petition about???

foreverajr

« Reply #101 on: Sep 06, 2006, 09:26 »
In all honesty, when I heard about the petition I warned the juniors I knew not to sign it.  There are better ways to go about getting what you want without drawing a line in the sand.  That being said, those juniors that signed on to work this particular outage agreed and confirmed for 6 12's.  I know that during an outage, things change, hours change, and you need to be flexible (which usually means working additional hours).  But for management to want them to work on their "day off" while letting them accrue only 70 hours (what they could have made in a normal 6 day work week), well, it's enough to make anyone mad.  I thought it was against Watts Bars tech specs to work 7 days a week anyway.

I'm curious, Tigger, how long have you been in the biz?

vikingfan

« Reply #102 on: Sep 06, 2006, 09:50 »
not sure how things work at watts bar, but I know at other plants the refuel techs ect work a 7-10's schedule. maybe other craft workers do the same.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #103 on: Sep 06, 2006, 10:11 »
not sure how things work at watts bar, but I know at other plants the refuel techs ect work a 7-10's schedule. maybe other craft workers do the same.

We have talked about this at length on another thread see this:

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,6448.0.html
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #104 on: Sep 06, 2006, 06:30 »
I thought it was against Watts Bars tech specs to work 7 days a week anyway.

Actually, it says you cant work >72 hours in any 7 consecutive days, hence they know exactly what they are doing.

Offline idrum4food

• Moderate User
  • If ya need air, rope, or wings to get ta where yur goin, ya don't need ta go.
« Reply #105 on: Sep 06, 2006, 11:22 »
Actually the NRC is holding TVA to the hours worked in a 7 day period. In the past TVA has gotten away with it as being emergent work. However the NRC argues that if it's a "planned" outage, then how can it be emergent work? As dream tarheel mentioned - ya can't work >72 hrs. in any consecutive 7 day period - unless it's emergent work such as a forced outage. Workers are allowed to work in excess of the above mentioned but not without exemption paperwork signed by the department head.

Offline tigger

• Moderate User
« Reply #106 on: Sep 07, 2006, 02:14 »
Someone asked how long I have been in the business.... since 2000. Not as long as most on here.
The petition was about working 7 days a week, 10 hours a day. I didn't see what was written on it, as I was already plant side.
As for being promised 6 12's, I think Jimmy Orr pointed out the small print, that all hours are subject to change.
We have a lot of first time Juniors here, that have an opportunity to learn a great deal and get in a lot of Jr time.
The point I was trying to get across in my last post was be happy you have a job. There are many people out there that would love to be able to make the kind of money that every one in this business make. Just think... you could be saying... would you like fries with that? and earning minimum wage.

ageoldtech

« Reply #107 on: Sep 07, 2006, 02:55 »
You are correct, TIGGER

Offline jrad

• Very Lite User
« Reply #108 on: Sep 08, 2006, 03:09 »
Just to add a few things that weren't mentioned.  I think it is wrong that when we confirmed for this job we were told 6 - 12's, and it was conveniently left out that there is a $250 cap on travel in, with no travel out.  Oh yeah, and there is no holiday pay for Labor Day and Thanksgiving.  So after finding out all of these things we were then informed that we would be working 7 - 10's.   Yes, a petition was made and signed.  The petition was not an ultimatum, it simply stated that we would appreciate it if TVA would honor what we had been told, which was 6-12's.  Most of us in this business depend on our work in the spring and fall for most of our income.  As far as Tigger saying we should be happy we have a job:  not all of us had to come here, we made the choice from what we had been told.  It sounds as if you are one of the few that have been here for quite some time, and have been making money a while.  Not all of us are of the chosen few to be brought in early.  I want to be clear in that I understand you have to be flexible, but I think we were all mislead when we confirmed for this job.

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #109 on: Sep 08, 2006, 03:23 »
Oh yeah, and there is no holiday pay for Labor Day and Thanksgiving. 

Yea Yea Yea!

It's been that way for sometime now, so if you are gonna stay in this business, and make your future outage selections of places you have never been before, maybe the lesson learned here is to ask questions before you commit.

Not Bartlett's fault if you didnt ask, that's how they do business, for sometime now.

And yes, they should honor what they did tell you when you confirmed. I agree with you there, just like if you signed that petition saying you would leave if you didnt get 6-12's, you didnt get it......................but your still there.

No wonder Bartlett and anyone else thinks they can do what they want when it comes to your money, their word doesnt have to be any better than yours. 8)

Offline jrad

• Very Lite User
« Reply #110 on: Sep 08, 2006, 03:47 »
Just to be clear, the petition was not an ultimatum.  It never stated that we would leave, it was actually a pretty polite request to honor what we had been told. 

I agree that it is a lesson learned in that questions must be asked.  As I am sure you know though answers aren't always forthcoming.

It all goes back to the age old saying "Live and Learn"

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #111 on: Sep 08, 2006, 06:48 »
jeesh!
where is your site coordinator in all this hoo-ha???
i remember being a Jr in in the early 90's at the "beaver trap".....actually everyone but SG techs worked 7-10's for like 7 or 8 weeks then laid off.
Looking back it wasn't too bad but we always seemed to be fat w/ techs!
we actually had 3 overlapping shifts! WOW!
anyway that was then.....your outage will be over in soon & some folks will have had an education!
Get your time in & then you can be a little more choosy as to where you go.
you not loooking for Hrs worked..your looking for outage duration.

Melrose

« Reply #112 on: Sep 15, 2006, 03:02 »
Wow... 5hundy a month.  For one room that ya can't get laid in, and a bathroom full of stank from aother TVA worker, and I thought all the good deals were gone.

Offline CountryHeavenTN

• Very Lite User
« Reply #113 on: Sep 23, 2006, 08:53 »
Vacany Filled - Thank you for your interest.

Some people enjoy the finer things in life.

www.countryheaventn.com

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #114 on: Sep 24, 2006, 05:44 »
Sure is Quiet!  Latest word is, Twelve Techs have bailed for bigger and better opportunities, about one a day!  It will be interesting to see what happens in the first week of October.  One can only guess?

RG     

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #115 on: Sep 24, 2006, 08:34 »
Gag Order in effect.

Rumor is that Atlantic is ready to come in and staff back to full capacity. 8)

RADBASTARD

« Reply #116 on: Sep 24, 2006, 09:09 »
And TVA doen't pay travel out either.
The will be hurting for techs at that rate?
God their cheap

Offline nukedog

• Moderate User
  • Look at the head on that thing!
« Reply #117 on: Sep 27, 2006, 11:06 »
Back in 1999 we wrote a similar letter to get us more money and the site coordinator blew a fuse, but two days later we got a $4/hr raise. All TVA knows is hard ball and if you can't play the game then stand on the sidelines and watch.

I have a buddy at Browns Ferry they also getting treated the same way. But they stay and put up with it. I say your own fault. :'(

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #118 on: Sep 27, 2006, 07:22 »
And TVA doen't pay travel out either.
The will be hurting for techs at that rate?
God their cheap

How can you say they are "Cheap"?

They dont pay travel out and they still staff their outage, sounds like an awesome business decision. No Holidays, 10 hour shifts for jrs, no travel out and mix all that with lots of confusion for 1st timers..............and they still staff, people are still there!

"Brilliant I tell you, Brilliant!" 8)

foreverajr

« Reply #119 on: Sep 28, 2006, 10:45 »
As far as their staffing goes.....I heard that too many techs had left and another group was coming in to do the backup staffing.  Just what I heard.  Also, Juniors aren't on 10 hour shifts anymore.  I believe that they are required to work their 10, but have been asked to work 12s and some have been asked to work their day off. 

Thats definitely brilliance.

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #120 on: Oct 06, 2006, 08:24 »
So how goes the outage?  Any idea how the schedule performance is going?
There are the Habs, and the Hab nots.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #121 on: Oct 13, 2006, 02:43 »
Those guys at Watts Bar ROCK!

Check out this picture they just sent in:

http://www.nukeworker.com/pictures/displayimage.php?&pos=-5507
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2006, 02:50 by Rennhack »

Fermione

Watts Bar
« Reply #122 on: Oct 13, 2006, 02:58 »
That's great. 

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #123 on: Oct 13, 2006, 05:45 »
Not exactly Alara, but cool.
There are the Habs, and the Hab nots.

Offline TN-Man

• Light User
« Reply #124 on: Oct 17, 2006, 12:09 »
We kept waiting to see what "art" would show up on these generators, after Snoopy was on SQNs SG. The first three were clean and we thought the "any one caught would be terminated" threat worked, but the last SG to leave had all the Sponge Bob Square Pants characters and the Nukeworker.com guy. Never under estimate a nuke worker. ALARA??!! It was a matter of Nuke worker pride!!!!  Outage on schedule.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #125 on: Oct 17, 2006, 05:19 »
Dream tarheel, and yet dumb ass's keep going.
I guess they figure because its a s/g replacement they will be begging to get in.Then when they get there they wise up and leave.

If no one went the money well have to come up

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #126 on: Oct 17, 2006, 06:49 »
Some will never catch on!
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

mda

« Reply #127 on: Oct 17, 2006, 10:53 »
Went there and left there

Offline tigger

• Moderate User
« Reply #128 on: Oct 17, 2006, 11:10 »
We kept waiting to see what "art" would show up on these generators, after Snoopy was on SQNs SG. The first three were clean and we thought the "any one caught would be terminated" threat worked, but the last SG to leave had all the Sponge Bob Square Pants characters and the Nukeworker.com guy. Never under estimate a nuke worker. ALARA??!! It was a matter of Nuke worker pride!!!!  Outage on schedule.

Actually there were a couple little drawings on the first generators to come out. A NY yankees symbol on the first one,  USA on the second, and there was something else on the 3rd, but don't remember what it was. They were at the top of them. Not very big, but still there.

ageoldtech

« Reply #129 on: Oct 20, 2006, 07:06 »
number four S/G had the Local 48 on the side "Pipe Fitters"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #130 on: Nov 21, 2006, 08:20 »
I just heard heard on the radio that a school near Watts Bar is sending its students home early due to a problem at the power plant. Does not sound like an emergancy as they are sending them home in an hour. Anyone there got a 411.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #131 on: Nov 21, 2006, 08:41 »
TVA responded to the radio station. There was a coolant leak earlier with no release of radioactive material. It seems the school over reacted. I am a little concerned that if the school thought there was a problem they would take thier time and schedule an evacuation some time after an incident. It sounds like TVA needs to do a little local training.

graham

Is there a problem at WATTS BAR NUKE PLANT ?
« Reply #132 on: Nov 21, 2006, 09:25 »
Have read reports that schools in area have been evaced!

graham

Re: Is there a problem at WATTS BAR NUKE PLANT ?
« Reply #133 on: Nov 21, 2006, 09:30 »
http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/local_news/article/0,1406,KNS_347_5160021,00.html

Meigs schools dismiss after Watts Bar alert
By News Sentinel staff
November 21, 2006

The Meigs County school system is dismissing students around 9 a.m. this morning due to an issue at the Watts Bar nuclear plant, although TVA said the issue has been resolved.
TVA declared an "unusual event" at 6:15 a.m., when a water leak in the plant’s cooling system was suspected.

That’s standard procedure in the event of a suspected leak, spokesman Gil Francis said, and includes notifying the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

"The investigation showed there was no water leakage and, therefore, the (unusual) event was canceled," Francis said.

The alert was canceled at 7:35 a.m.

Meigs County has about 1,800 students, according to the state Department of Education, and Director of Schools Robert Greene said many parents were keeping their children out of classes after hearing of the TVA alert over police scanners.

School officials also had begun telling parents that school was out of session as they arrived at schools, Greene said.

Also, today is the last day of classes before Thanksgiving break.

"Attendance is always low that day, and we had several parents call (concerned about Watts Bar)," Greene said. "Rather than deal with a half-empty school all day we just went ahead and called school off."

He emphasized that if the TVA warning had occurred later during the school day, officials would have waited to see how serious the matter was before calling off classes.

Greene said teachers likely will go home at lunchtime today.

More details as they develop online and in Wednesday’s News Sentinel.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
Re: Is there a problem at WATTS BAR NUKE PLANT ?
« Reply #134 on: Nov 21, 2006, 12:00 »
TVA press release:

TVA Cancels Notification of Unusual Event at Watts BarTVA today cancelled a notification of unusual event at Watts Bar Nuclear Plant, the least serious of four levels of nuclear-plant event classifications, after determining there was no leakage of water from the plant’s coolant system.

TVA declared the event at 6:15 a.m. EST when there was an indication of a possible leakage greater than guidelines allow. After an investigation determined there was no water leakage, the unusual event was cancelled at 7:35 a.m.

“There was never any danger to the health and safety of employees or the public,” says Watts Bar Vice President Mike Skaggs. “We declared the unusual event and notified the Nuclear Regulatory Commission because there was an initial indication of water leakage. After a thorough investigation, we cancelled the event.”

Director of Meigs County Schools Robert Greene decided to dismiss classes for the day, saying that some parents were keeping their children out of school after hearing about the Watts Bar event. Greene said that attendance is always low on the day before the Thanksgiving break, so he decided to call off classes.

The declaration of an unusual event at a nuclear plant does not require a relocation or dismissal of school classes, according to emergency procedures. Because of strict federal laws, any event out of the ordinary is reported to federal, state and local authorities.

Watts Bar Unit 1 has been shut down since September for a planned refueling and maintenance outage and was not in operation. The second unit at Watts Bar is unfinished.

Apparently there was concern about leakage >10gpm, but it was later concluded to not be a problem. Inventory balance miscalculation on vacuum fill due to the new S/Gs? Surely more details will follow.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #136 on: Nov 21, 2006, 02:05 »
"Is there a problem at WATTS BAR NUKE PLANT" from Nuke News has been merged into Talk about Watts Bar forum.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #137 on: Nov 22, 2006, 04:05 »
Here is a link for the Reuters report (some of the other links are notoriously short-lived). The details are the same.

http://today.reuters.com/News/newsArticle.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyID=2006-11-21T190634Z_01_N21412477_RTRUKOC_0_US-UTILITIES-TVA-WATTSBAR.xml&WTmodLoc=USNewsHome_C2_domesticNews-3

For some bonus color commentary: apparently Meigs County mentioned it over the Sheriff's radio system. Whodathunk that many local rednecks would have a police scanner?  ;D  ;D
Apparently, the low attendance led the school district to just give up having school on that day.

Fermi2

Shirewolf

« Reply #139 on: Dec 28, 2006, 09:06 »
Does anyone know what company provides security at Watts Bar?  Also a contact number for their security office? I'd be interested in if they are hiring.  Thanks for any assistance.

LIMITED QUANITY

« Reply #140 on: Feb 17, 2007, 02:29 »
Yeah, TVA uses Pinkerton.  I'm sure they have a 800 number or you can ask someone in security @ 423-365-8544.

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
  • Don't worry about the mule just load the wagon!
« Reply #141 on: Feb 17, 2007, 08:19 »
Hey Dream Tarheel.  I hear your coming back to the Bar soon.  Want alittle of the Unit Two startup juice!$$
I used to be a lifeguard until some blue kid got me fired.

Offline "E"

• Light User
« Reply #142 on: Apr 15, 2007, 05:54 »
What's the official word on Unit2 ?
"You can sleep when you're dead"

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #143 on: Apr 16, 2007, 09:04 »
Don't expect any official word on Unit 2 until the mid-summer TVA Board of Directors meeting. With good news on Browns Ferry 1 Restart and a positive report on current WBN 2 status, there should be a really good announcement.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #144 on: Apr 16, 2007, 12:31 »
TVA will hold a public open house Tuesday, April 17, at Rhea County High School on the draft environmental review for the possible completion of Unit 2 at Watts Bar Nuclear Plant near Spring City, Tenn.

“TVA is considering completing Unit 2 at Watts Bar to meet the growing need for power in the Tennessee Valley, and we are updating previous environmental reviews completed for the Watts Bar plant,” says TVA Vice President of Nuclear Generation Development Jack Bailey. ”Along with a detailed engineering and feasibility study currently under way, the environmental review will provide information we need on the possible completion of Unit 2.”

The open house will be from 4:30-8 p.m. EDT in the school gym at 405 Pierce Rd. in Evensville.

If you live in the area, you should consider attending. Many times these events will draw out-of-the-region protesters. It says a lot when 90+% of the locals at the meeting are pro-nuke; it is a big reason Bellefonte has a future.

If the local pro-nukes do not show, the traveling circus will have the only say in the meeting.

(Since I live outside the 50-mile zone, I will not be attending. I think that would be as wrong as the protesters from out of state attending. I would like to attend the next Atlanta or MD meeting on the subject as a resident of the region.)

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #145 on: Apr 21, 2007, 06:30 »
From the Knoxville News Sentinel:

Watts Bar's safety record deserves applause
April 17, 2007

The Tennessee Valley Authority clearly is doing something right at Watts Bar Nuclear Plant.
Officials with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, which oversees TVA's three nuclear plants, said Watts Bar's performance for 2006 was classified as green. That means any safety problems found during the NRC's inspections were of low significance.

Watts Bar is in Spring City, Tenn., and it has one operating pressurized-water reactor. Construction on the Unit 2 reactor at Watts Bar was halted in 1985, and TVA is considering whether to complete it.

So the utility is conducting a detailed study to determine what the project will cost. TVA already has prepared a report evaluating potential environmental impacts under the requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act.

The report shows that TVA considers completing the reactor preferable, but its final decision will not be made until the cost study is complete.

We're pleased to see that TVA has made this report easily accessible to the public. Copies are available online and in area libraries.

In addition, TVA will hold an open house from 4:30 to 8 p.m. today at Rhea County High School in Evensville, Tenn. Public comments also may be submitted online and by mail.

The economic benefits identified by the study would include a five-year construction project that would employ as many as 3,000 workers. TVA estimates the project would draw 880 workers to the area, and about two-thirds of those workers would live in Rhea or Meigs counties.

About 150 permanent workers would be added to the plant after the project is completed.

Another consideration, however, is the impact on the local school systems of the estimated 660 children those workers would bring.

Some 434 of those students would be in Rhea and Meigs counties, and some Rhea County schools already are overcrowded.

TVA, however, says it would offset some of these anticipated problems with supplemental funding from the payments that TVA makes in lieu of taxes.

TVA appears to be well on the road to completing Unit 2 at Watts Bar, and we applaud its safety record as well as its openness.

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #146 on: Apr 21, 2007, 06:40 »
Also from the Knoxville paper:

TVA open to views from both sides on Watts Bar
By ANDREW EDER, edera@knews.com
April 18, 2007

EVENSVILLE, Tenn. - Both poles of the debate over nuclear power were represented at a public meeting Tuesday on the potential completion of the Unit 2 reactor at TVA's Watts Bar Nuclear Plant.
Tom Markham and M.B. Daniell drove up from Chattanooga to ask questions and register their support for the project.

"We're two old friends who feel like nuclear power is the way of the future," Markham said.

"It seems to me like almost anything you read is negative, and we feel positive about it," Daniell said.

On the other side of the nuclear divide, a former TVA whistleblower and a representative from the Sierra Club came to the gymnasium at Rhea County High School to express their dismay over the resurgence in TVA's nuclear program. About 30 area residents attended the public meeting.

"It looks like a nuclear power fair to me instead of a public comment period," said Ann Harris, a former worker at Watts Bar who fought numerous legal battles with TVA after raising safety concerns at the nuclear plant.

TVA is considering finishing Watts Bar 2 to help meet the expected growth in demand for power in the Tennessee Valley. Tuesday's meeting was an "open house" where the public could ask questions of TVA staffers and submit comments about an environmental report that TVA drafted as part of a federal requirement.

TVA and its contractors are conducting a separate study to determine the cost and scheduling of finishing Watts Bar 2.

Jack Bailey, TVA's vice president of nuclear generation development, said the study is about 60 percent complete and should be ready for the TVA board to review at its August meeting.

"In general, we have not seen any big issues that we had not anticipated," Bailey said.

TVA is waiting for the results of the cost and scheduling study to make a recommendation on Watts Bar 2, although the environmental report states that completing the reactor is TVA's preferred course of action.

The federal utility has an existing license to build the reactor, but it would need to apply for another license to operate it. Bailey said TVA has been working with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, which oversees TVA's three nuclear plants, to develop a "successful path to licensing."

The Unit 1 reactor at TVA's Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant in Alabama is scheduled to come online next month after a five-year, $1.8 billion restart effort. Bailey said the completion of Watts Bar 2 would be a comparable process to Browns Ferry 1, although the cost would likely be higher because of escalating prices.

Construction began on Watts Bar Nuclear Plant in 1973, but Watts Bar 1 wasn't completed until 1996 at a cost of $6.9 billion. In 2001, TVA wrote off $1.7 billion in costs related to Watts Bar 2.
__

There is still quite a bit of activity but the system walkdowns are for the most part just about over.  The atmosphere is very upbeat about the go ahead for start up.  The PM told us in a midshift brief that it will be a no brainer.  Many don't want to think about having that second unit on line since we have been a single unit plant the last 10 yrs.  The way I see it, double the fun, double the money$ 

Offline CountryHeavenTN

• Very Lite User
« Reply #147 on: Apr 25, 2007, 03:45 »
Official announcement of the start up of Unit 2 is suppose to come somtime in August.

TVA plans to finish Watts Bar Unit 2 reactor
By: Max Hackett
Source: The Herald-News
04-22-2007   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At a sparsely attended open house meeting at Rhea County High school Tuesday evening, TVA presented a Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement on the proposed completion of Watts Bar Nuclear Unit 2 for public comment.

“I was expecting more public input than what I saw,” said Rhea County Executive Billy Ray Patton.

The open house, held in the school’s gymnasium from 4:30 p.m. until 8 p.m., offered information broken down from the DSEIS into categories ranging from water quality to the impact on housing and community services. The meeting resulted in three written comments and one comment recorded by a court reporter contracted by TVA, according to TVA media spokesman Terry Johnson. Thirty Rhea County residents, 12 of them elected officials, attended the open house, Johnson said.

The report concludes that TVA’s preferred alternative is the completion of WBN Unit 2.

The study is a supplement to the original 1972 final environmental statement and subsequent WBN-related environmental reviews. It updates the analysis of potential environmental impacts resulting from construction, operation and maintenance of WBN Unit 2. The unit would be completed as originally designed, alongside its sister unit, WBN Unit 1, which has been operating since 1996.

The 132-page report indicates that TVA is proposing to complete Watts Bar Nuclear Plant Unit 2 as originally designed except for modifications consistent with those made to Unit 1. A power analysis presented in the report shows how completion of WBN Unit 2 would help meet expected demands for increased baseload power, reduce fossil plant emissions and potentially lower the cost of power to TVA’s customers.

In addition to the environmental review, a detailed, scoping, estimating and planning study is underway. TVA will use information from the DSEP and the Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Study “to make an informed decision about whether to complete construction of and to operate WBN Unit 2,” according to the report.

TVA holds a valid construction permit for the completion of WBN Unit 2 from the Nuclear Regulatory Agency. An announcement of a decision on the completion and operation of WBN Unit 2 is expected in August.

Only minimal new construction is proposed, and no expansion of the existing site footprint would be required, according to the study.

WBN Unit 2 was about 80 percent complete when construction work halted in 1985. Since that time, a substantial amount of equipment and components have been removed to support WBN Unit 1 and Sequoyah Nuclear Plant Units 1 and 2. As a result, WBN Unit 2 is now considered approximately 60 percent complete.

WBN Unit 2 is designed as a twin plant to the operating Unit 1 and would be completed and operated the same as Unit 1. TVA estimates completion of UNIT 2 would cost between $2 and $3 billion.

TVA is expected to designate certain counties, primarily Rhea County, as impacted by the construction. The impacted counties would then become eligible for a supplemental allocation from TVA’s tax equivalent payment as provided for in the Tennessee Tax Code. The additional funds could be used by counties to address impacts on county services.

“That money was very important to us during the construction of Unit 1, and we will be looking at how it might play into our funding for school expansion in particular,” Patton said.

As part of the DSEP, TVA is conducting a labor study of the potential construction workforce. That information will be provided to impacted counties to help with local planning to accommodate the anticipated temporary population growth.

The draft report indicates that population would increase due to an influx of workers. At peak construction employment, the total employment in construction and design is projected to be as high as 3,000. For the purposes of the study, TVA adopted a more conservative estimate, assuming the peak on-site workforce would be 2,200.

Based on previous experience at the site, the report assumes that 40 percent, or 880 workers, would move into the area. The remaining 60 percent of workers would be either local residents or would commute from the surrounding area, including Chattanooga and Knoxville.

Of the 880 workers expected to move into the area, approximately 600 are anticipated to move into Rhea and Meigs counties, with the majority of those expected to move into Rhea County.

The report suggests that much of the income received by these workers would be spent in the area, especially by those who move families into the area and those who are already residents.

“This would increase income of businesses in the area, especially those oriented directly to consumers, and could lead to a small temporary increase in employment,” the study says.

The report also indicates “some increase in temporary housing needs, including apartments and facilities for trailers and RVs.”

An estimated 434 school age children are expected to move into Rhea and Meigs counties during construction, with the majority expected to be settled in Rhea County. The study projects that the result would be an increase in “the overcrowding already being experienced” in local schools.

A mitigating action would be the identification of Rhea County as an impact area under the existing state tax code.

The formula dictated by Tennessee law allocates 3 percent of TVA in lieu of tax payments made to the state to “impacted local governing areas that are experiencing TVA construction activity on facilities to produce electric power.” TVA made in lieu of tax payments to the state of $221,017,704 in 2006. The potential additional impact money that could be shared by all governing areas designated by TVA in 2006 was $6,630,530 according to the formula set forth in the code. The impact money would be paid during construction and for three years following its completion.

“I’ve heard them anticipate the construction of Unit 2 to be about a five-year project,” Patton said. “I was only half-kidding when I told them that we’d like to see it drag on for 20 years if possible. The economic impact on Rhea County will be significant if it’s anything like the construction of Unit 1.”

The DSEIS presented for comment Tuesday evening also includes assessments of the potential effects on other local resources.

Other results from the construction of WBN Unit 2 are said to be additional road traffic at peak times, as well as noticeable impacts on community services such as medical facilities and public safety, according to the draft report.

The study says “increased risk in the area of nuclear plant safety and security from UNIT 2 operation would be extremely low.”

No impact on groundwater quality, wetlands, floodplains, protected plant and animal species, or the five natural areas within five miles of WBN, including the Chickamauga State Mussel Sanctuary, is projected.

The potential environmental effect on surface water quality, climatology and meteorology, radiological effects and waste, and spent fuel transportation and storage are described as “insignificant.”

TVA’s 45-day public comment period on the DSEIS continues until May 14. Comments can be submitted through TVA’s website at www.tva.gov/environment/reports/wattsbar2, by e-mail to tvawattsbr2@tva.com, by fax to 865-632-3451, or by surface mail to Ruth Horton, TVA NEPA Services, 400 West Summit hill Drive (WT-11D), Knoxville, TN 37902.

The final SEIS will be issued June 22.

-----------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile back at the ranch......

LaFeet

« Reply #148 on: Apr 25, 2007, 06:13 »
Build it and we will come

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #149 on: Apr 27, 2007, 12:47 »
Build it and we will come

They build it and I'll masslinn it!

billyp08

« Reply #150 on: Jul 20, 2007, 07:07 »
Has anyone heard about the possible start date of the new sgpo class at WBN. Just wondering interviewed in late may and havent heard anything back yet. Just wanting to know if any of yall might know anyting about this.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #151 on: Jul 21, 2007, 07:45 »
Sorry, but the process is slow for expedited hiring!  :o

FDR envisioned a utility clothed with the power of the federal government. Many see a utility with the efficiency of the federal government...

Regardless of the layers of paperwork that must be climbed, it is a great opportunity. Good luck!

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #152 on: Aug 02, 2007, 01:38 »
You better buy it up quick.  When they finally announce "officially" the restart of U2, property will go fast.  It's a very nice area.  Desolate in some ways but great if that's what you want.  10 min. to the plant but a hour to Knoxville or maybe alittle more to Chattanooga.

It's official as it's going to get.  I heard that they gave a small raise to the Bartlett folks as well.  $30/hr for the local ANSI 3.1's but travelers (rumor, find out for sure tomorrow)  $28.50 and $80 a day.  Locals have never been a problem between Sequoyah and Watts Bar but getting a traveler in for 25 days was hard.  Should stir up some stink from the locals who see their throat being cut.

TVA Board Approves Completion of Second Unit at Watts Bar Nuclear Plant
August 1, 2007

Based on results of four detailed studies that examined future power needs, cost and schedule, environmental impact, and financing and risks, the TVA Board today approved a recommendation to complete the second unit at Watts Bar Nuclear Plant in Spring City, Tenn.

At a meeting at TVA headquarters in Knoxville, Tenn., the Board unanimously approved completing Watts Bar Unit 2 at an estimated cost of $2.49 billion for the five-year construction project. When completed by 2013, the nuclear unit will provide 1,180 megawatts of electricity, or enough power to serve about 650,000 Tennessee Valley homes.

“Completing Watts Bar Unit 2 puts an existing asset to work for TVA customers and provides a clean, safe and reliable source of affordable power to the people of the Tennessee Valley,” said TVA Chairman Bill Sansom. “The studies clearly show that completing this unit is without a doubt TVA’s best option to help meet the region’s growing power needs.”

The TVA Board’s Operations, Environment and Safety Committee recommended approval of the project after review of a detailed scoping, estimating and planning study; an environmental review; a power supply assessment; and a financial and risk analysis.

The environmental review showed no significant environmental impacts from the completion and operation of the second unit at Watts Bar. The financial analysis shows that the operation of the unit will reduce TVA’s average cost of power production. Operating Unit 2 will also reduce TVA’s overall carbon footprint – the total amount of carbon dioxide released per kilowatt-hour of electricity generated by all TVA plants.

“Adding Watts Bar Unit 2 to TVA’s generation portfolio will go a long way toward meeting the growing demand for power in the region,” said TVA President and CEO Tom Kilgore. “TVA has a good track record of operating Watts Bar Unit 1 and Sequoyah Nuclear Plant, so we know the unit design is sound. We used the same process that we used in our successful restart of Browns Ferry Unit 1, and we will incorporate all lessons learned from that project.”

In addition to adding new generation, TVA is striving to reduce about 1,200 megawatts of power demand through energy efficiency and demand-reduction initiatives in five years – the equivalent of one large generation unit such as Watts Bar Unit 2.

“The Valley’s demand for electricity is growing by nearly 2 percent a year, so we are stepping up our energy conservation and demand-reduction efforts to help reduce the growth, as well as completing the nuclear unit,” Kilgore told the Board.

He also said TVA is committed to providing renewable energy through its Green Power Switch program, but renewable energy alone cannot provide enough energy to meet the Valley’s growth in power use.

The Watts Bar Unit 2 construction project will boost the regional economy through material purchases from area suppliers and vendors, contracts with service providers, and numerous temporary and permanent employment opportunities. Approximately 2,300 contract workers are expected during the height of construction, and the project will result in about 250 additional permanent jobs at the plant.

Permanent jobs to support plant operation and maintenance include operators, engineers, technicians, crafts, chemists, instructors and other support functions. Crafts needed to complete construction of Unit 2 include boilermakers, carpenters, electricians, insulators, iron workers, laborers, millwrights, pipe fitters, sheet-metal workers, teamsters, cement workers, machinists, painters and instrumentation mechanics.

TVA operates six nuclear units at three generating sites – three boiling water reactors at Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant in Athens, Ala., and three pressurized water reactors at Watts Bar and Sequoyah nuclear plants in Tennessee. The operating reactors at Sequoyah near Chattanooga and Watts Bar have the same design as Watts Bar Unit 2 and are recognized in the industry for reliable and efficient performance and strong safety records.

Unit 1 at Watts Bar began operating in 1996 and is the last commercial nuclear unit in the United States to begin operation.

TVA is the nation’s largest public power provider and is completely self-financing. TVA provides power to large industries and 158 power distributors that serve approximately 8.7 million consumers in seven southeastern states. TVA also manages the Tennessee River and its tributaries to provide multiple benefits, including flood damage reduction, navigation, water quality and recreation.

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2007, 10:44 by Limited Quanity »

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #153 on: Aug 02, 2007, 08:20 »
Just read in my company news letter that restart is official..They are going to finish it..it is 60% complete & will cost $2.5 billion to finish. 8)

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #154 on: Aug 03, 2007, 07:47 »
Has anyone heard about the possible start date of the new sgpo class at WBN.

I haven't heard the exact start date. But due to the second unit startup, they will start a class every 6 months! Now if they will only decide to hire a decent sized class instead of 10...

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #155 on: Aug 03, 2007, 10:53 »
I haven't heard the exact start date. But due to the second unit startup, they will start a class every 6 months! Now if they will only decide to hire a decent sized class instead of 10...

An AUO today said a class should start the week of the 20th, start of the payperiod.  One of our Bartlett RP techs is in this new AUO class. I'm not sure about the size of the class but typically they haven't stayed long as AUO's before they start up a RO class and suck about half the class up.  The last RO class wasn't a big success so we are down to about 2 RO's per shift and they are called in or forced in to cover sick leave or annual leave.  Another RO class will be starting soon and/or hiring from the outside.  They are a couple weeks into a SRO class which just started too.  It's great but it doesn't help the guys in the horseshoe, yet.
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2007, 01:55 by Limited Quanity »

Offline Bleyse

• Moderate User
« Reply #156 on: Aug 04, 2007, 11:22 »
I'll go ahead and throw in my 2 cents, based on what I know.

I was sent an offer letter on July 10, came in for the physical on July 20.  Talked to the psychologist on July 30.  From the beginning, our start date has been 'tenatively' given as August 20.  This would be the week of orientation in Chattanooga.  Based on this, my understanding is that the class at WBN would begin on August 27.

I talked to the HR rep on Friday (August 3) to find out if they had an official start date yet; she indicated that there had been a paperwork delay with regards to the physical.  Not just for me, but for everyone in the class, so I guess it could get pushed back another week, but hopefully not.

One last thing:  I want to thank the community for the information and advice presented here.  The website really is an incredible resource for someone trying to get in to the industry.  Nukeworkers rock!

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #157 on: Aug 05, 2007, 12:34 »

One last thing:  I want to thank the community for the information and advice presented here.  The website really is an incredible resource for someone trying to get in to the industry.  Nukeworkers rock!

Than's what Goldmemberships are for... ;D

Congrats on the job...
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2007, 12:34 by HouseDad »
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

jhv

Watts Bar
« Reply #158 on: Oct 15, 2007, 04:11 »
Bechtel got engineering, procurement and construction contracts today, check out TVA Today website.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #159 on: Oct 16, 2007, 06:49 »
Bechtel got engineering, procurement and construction contracts today, check out TVA Today website.

For the benefit of those who don't know the website by heart:
http://insidenet.tva.gov/org/cao/communications/tvatoday/2007/october07/15/wbn.htm

TVA Selects Bechtel To Complete Watts Bar 2
After a rigorous review process, TVA has selected Bechtel Power Corp. to lead the engineering, procurement and construction work necessary to complete Unit 2 at Watts Bar Nuclear Plant near Spring City, Tenn.

At its Aug. 1 meeting, the TVA Board unanimously approved completing Watts Bar Unit 2 at an estimated cost of $2.49 billion, which includes the scope of work in the Bechtel contract and other costs to complete the project and start up the unit.

“Today’s announcement is the conclusion of a comprehensive and rigorous competitive-bidding process involving the nation’s best power-engineering and construction firms,” says TVA President & Chief Executive Officer Tom Kilgore. “With oversight by TVA, Bechtel will be responsible for completing the engineering design, procuring equipment and materials, and finishing the physical construction of Watts Bar Unit 2.”

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2007, 06:51 by Roll Tide »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #160 on: Nov 08, 2007, 08:50 »
For the benefit of those who don't know the website by heart:
http://insidenet.tva.gov/org/cao/communications/tvatoday/2007/october07/15/wbn.htm

That is an internal network, the rest of us can't access that page.  "insidenet.tva.gov"

ddklbl

« Reply #161 on: Nov 08, 2007, 09:52 »
That is an internal network, the rest of us can't access that page.  "insidenet.tva.gov"

Yeah, they also post it on their main page http://tva.gov/  under news releases.  LINKY

qballew

SGPO status @ Watts Bar.
« Reply #162 on: Jan 26, 2008, 12:32 »
First of all I would like to thank everyone for the excellent collaboration of information within this forum.  I must admit it is one of the best information pools I have found on the Internet.

That being said, I would like to make an inquiry to all those in the know about Watts Bar Nuclear Facility.  But first, a little background info so you can see the situation from my perspective.

I applied for a SGPO training position in approx. January of 2007.  I had already passed the POSS/MASS/EEI tests so I was able to skip that step in the process.  Next, I was invited for an Interview in approx. June.  After more waiting I was tentatively offered a position based upon my successful completion of all FFD, Drug screen, Background, etc checks; which I completed by the end of JULY.  The start date for the group was give as August 20th.
Around the first or second week of August I received a certified letter stating the job offer had been rescinded and that I was no longer to start with TVA August 20th.  Needless to say I was rather bummed about this as I had really thought I had finally found a career opportunity, not just another job. When I contacted the HR representative in Chattanooga to request the reason(s) for withdrawal she simply stated that it was a managerial decision and could not be elaborated on or appealed.  When I inquired further about specifics she told me that I had successfully passed all the prerequisites including  FFD, Background, etc. But that a managerial decision had been made to rescind the offer and that was it. Do not pass go, do not collect ... well you get the point.  She also went on to state that I was more than welcome and qualified to put in for any other SGPO or other TVA jobs that should come available in the future.

Now I will be the first to admit that there are two issues in my past that I had worried about for the background check. But, I was 100% truthful about all the info and the HR representative said I had passed the Background/FFD with no issues.

At the risk of exposing  my greatest youthful blunders to all of the internet I will elaborate on these two issues...

First, when I was still a teenager (but officially of age), I got arrested for attempting to outrun a cop to avoid a ticket. I was almost made an example of, but eventually got everything reduced to only a couple misdemeanors which have been officially expunged from my record for years now.

Second,  I failed an urinalysis at a previous employer for trace amounts of THC. Due to zero tolerance policies I instantly lost my job. This has been four years ago now. It was a mistake that I did not take lightly and will NEVER repeat.
But it was a learning experience that led me to analyze a lot of aspects of my life and ended up motivating me to finish my degree so I could move on to better things. Now I don't want to give the impression from that last statement that I was involved in some subculturish lifestyle or anything just that I realized it was time to grow up all the way (I was 24) and that the college Suarez's were probably not the best influence on an adult.

Now that I have sufferred that embarrassment, I will move on to my questions:

1. Having the aforementioned issues, Is there any hope for myself to ever have an opportunity for a program such as the SGPO training Process?

2.  Was I the only one out of the August 2007 group who did not get to start or was the entire group absolved for some reason?

3. How can I find out what specific issues were/are at hand that are holding me back from my Nuclear ambitions?

4. Does anyone know the status of the last SGPO training class posted on the TVA website (Approx. November 2007)?

5.  Any other hints, tips, critiques, or just general information that may help my cause is greatly appreciated, as I am convinced this is the Career I am most interested in pursuing.
I will persevere...!

Thanks again,

Quincy
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2008, 08:53 by qballew »

RAD-GHOST

Re: SGPO status @ Watts Bar.
« Reply #163 on: Jan 26, 2008, 05:56 »
Sorry to hear of the situation, but your request may never be answered! 

A professional HR department is the buffer between who comes and who doesn't!  As far as the why's, that's the talent of the HR representative and is usually as generic as possible, (over qualified, under qualified, etc.).  If you’re waiting for the HR department to volunteer the details, it will be an endless wait!  Since you did mention a 10 CFR 26 situation, I would be more concerned on the security aspects of my application, than anything else.  Was the application flagged by a security issue?

Here's where I get in trouble! 

A properly run HR department will usually establish a gauntlet of excuses to frustrate a rejected candidate.  They figure you'll just go away after so much time and so many excuses.  After all they don't have to officially answer unofficial requests, such as a phone call!  Always keep in mind, the individuals you've been dealing with, represents the other side, NOT YOU!  They can't elaborate; the actual phrase is they won’t elaborate!  Since they won’t actually identify a specific reason, it wouldn't be unreasonable to suspect a discriminatory venue covered by Federal and State Laws.  Certified Letter...PRICELESS, especially if you aim high!  CEO's, President and VP's hate them!  They assign responsibility and are very difficult to hide from!

You've worked the system from the bottom-up!  Now, I would suggest you work it from the top-down!

You never know, they could just be testing your tenacity?

RG

Fermi2

Re: SGPO status @ Watts Bar.
« Reply #164 on: Jan 26, 2008, 10:13 »
1: I honestly don't know. How long ago was it?

2: No idea and you'll never find out.

3: No

4: So far as I know the job offers have been made.

I doubt your first offense would make much of a difference, when I was 18 I did worse then again between that and my hiring in at TVA I had 6 years in the Navy and a 14 year Commercial career.

As for your questions, you won't hear any answers from TVA HR as they are not obligated to provide any. Having dealt with them they will follow their rules and the law to the letter.

Mike

qballew

« Reply #165 on: Jan 27, 2008, 03:18 »
Thanks for the quick response Rad Ghost and Broadzilla,

As for the Security Issue:

Since you did mention a 10 CFR 26 situation, I would be more concerned on the security aspects of my application, than anything else.  Was the application flagged by a security issue?

All I have to go by is the statement from the HR person and she specifically said that I had passed "everything including the background and security checks".
 When I asked about my rights to appeal or at least be given a reason she said that it is true (which I was already aware of due to reading the fine print of numerous documents I had signed) that if I failed the background or other security checks I retained the right to be informed of  the reason(s) in case it was something that was a false or in error. And that in all scenarios except a "Managerial Decision" I could appeal, but that this is the only situation where all appeal and/or Open information policies were not applicable!

She also went on to state that if it had been another group of managers the decision could have been totally different.  This really threw me for a loop ???

Like I said I will persevere, but it would be nice to have some light shed on whether I will even be considered for another position.  A couple months after I received the letter of recension ( Approx. Nov 2007) I saw another  SGPO requisition for both Watts Bar  and Sequoyah Nuclear plants. This only stayed on line for about two days and of course I put in for both and am still hoping to hear something back from that ( I figure at least four to six months lead time to get an Interview).

Broadzilla is this the class that you believe has already been offered positions? Or were you referring to the Class that I was supposed to be in, that started ( at least were supposed to) in August 2007 ?

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #166 on: Jan 27, 2008, 06:23 »
You submitted a second application with the same company, for the same position, at the same site, scrutinized by the same managers?  What would you consider a reasonable time for a response? 

So far your buying what their selling, which appears to be pretty much nothing, (the sign of a good HR department)!  I know, if you pursue the issue you’re going to lose a lot of friends!  How many do you have at TVA right now?

Remember that Certified Letter you signed for, the Clock is Ticking!

Filing Requirements and Limitations:

Your claim must first be pre-filed with the EEOC within 180 days of the potentially unlawful action or within 300 days of the unlawful action if your state is a referral jurisdiction state. Tennessee is a referral jurisdiction state. The deadline will not be extended because of internal investigation of the incident within the company.

RG.... ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2008, 06:25 by RAD-GHOST »

Fermi2

« Reply #167 on: Jan 27, 2008, 09:28 »
WHOA hold the bus. What exactly is unlawful here? Companies can give and withdraw job offers as they see fit. Example they can give offers to 15 people, then the PM can say I'm only authorizing 10. 5 Are out of luck and there is no appeal process. TVA offers a certain amount of jobs THEN gets authorization. There's nothing illegal about a managers decision and even then usually for your first 90 days you are an At Will employee meaning At will of management, they can fire you for no reason at their will. I'm not 100% sure if TVA does this nor am I going to find out because honestly I don't care. I also doubt management heard anything about his background usually by the time the interview process is done it's done. As for another group of managers making a different decision that's the same everywhere but I think this person heard something out of context as that's NOT something a TVA HR person would say, I've worked with enough of them to know, they tend to keep things very close to the vest.

The class I am talking about is the one that interviewed at the Sequoyah STC in November and early December. An NLO told me a couple weeks ago all the job offers had been given. If you didn't interview in November of December 2007 you aren't being considered for a job.

Mike

« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2008, 09:30 by Broadzilla »

qballew

« Reply #168 on: Jan 28, 2008, 01:19 »
Thanks again for the responses,

I realize that I am a newbie to this forum and have no credibility established but,
as for the statement about myself not clearly understanding the HR representative...
As for another group of managers making a different decision that's the same everywhere but I think this person heard something out of context as that's NOT something a TVA HR person would say, I've worked with enough of them to know, they tend to keep things very close to the vest.

I assure you that is exactly what she stated to me.  Maybe this was not something she should have said to me but it is what she stated.  I could give the name of the actual person but i do not believe that would be appropriate to display on a public forum.

I am not looking to burn bridges ( that haven't really been constructed yet).  I just cannot figure out what is going on with this situation.  As for the asking for 15 and only getting approved for 10 deal that is understandable. Not that it isn't a little disheartening but still understandable. 

On that same note If it were something to that effect how did I manage to make it all the way to the top five candidates (out of hundreds from what I understand) the first go 'round and then didn't even qualify for an interview the second time for either facility?  The first req was for 5 positions and both of the latter req's were for 10 - 20 positions!

Either way what I am really interested in, is somehow convincing the three big Blue letters that I am a risk worth taking and have knowledge,skills, and abilities that would make me an asset to them.

So rather than reminiscing now about what has already occurred I would like some of your vantage points on where to go from here.  What steps/actions/directions/etc to pursue to eventually enable me to fulfill this Nuclear dream.

Any and all comments/critiques welcome (including personal messages if you feel it is fitting).

Thanks again,

Q

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #169 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:27 »
WHOA hold the bus. What exactly is unlawful here?

Probably Nothing, but the information stated "POTENTIALLY UNLAWFUL", key word, "Potentially"! 

It would be interesting to see what constitutes a Management Decision?  Considering the location, that could include the "Good Old Boy", or "Brother In-Law" clause?  YES, an employer has the right to retract an opportunity, as they should be.  Obviously if they select a candidate, run them through the pre employment screening criteria, make a tentative offer, then pull the plug under a generic disclaimer, something definitely went wrong!  No matter what they say, he does have a right to know the real deal!  Of course it may be an issue of forcing that information to the surface.  The venue I mentioned is out there for a reason, using it is a matter of choice!  If they truely run things by the letter of the law, then why hide the results?

I don't know any of the involved parties, or the situation, but an individual has the LEGAL right to know!

RG

Fermi2

« Reply #170 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:07 »
I know many of the people involved and I know the process TVA NPG uses to hire people, trust me on this, there's no Brother In Lawing involved with this NLO stuff.

Mike

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #171 on: Feb 07, 2008, 04:34 »
Hum, looks like Shipping will once again become the Fad of Focus!  Strange varience between the readings, a factor of X10!   :-\ 

I guess if your going to blow it, you mind as well blow it big!  The root cause should be interesting.... :'(

EXTERNAL READINGS EXCEEDED ALLOWABLE DOSE RATE

"On February 4, 2008 at approximately 10:20 EST, the Radiation Protection organization at Watts Bar Nuclear Plant (WBN), notified the Shift Manager (Licensed SRO) that a shipment of miscellaneous equipment exceeded the 200 mrem/hour dose rate specified in 10 CFR 71.47. The equipment was being received for use in an upcoming refueling outage. Radiation Protection surveyed the shipping container and obtained a reading of approximately 2000 mrem/hour. In accordance with 10 CFR 10.1906(d) the final delivery carrier has also been notified. This immediate notification is being made in accordance with the requirements of 10 CFR 20.1906(d)(2) and 10 CFR 71.47."

Return to Sender?

RG

Offline MrHazmat

• Principal Hazardous Material Specialist - DOE
  • Moderate User
  • DragRacing Ain't Nothing Like It!!!!!!
« Reply #172 on: Feb 07, 2008, 06:48 »
NNNOOOO, if you put it back on the road you are as guilty as the person who sent it. I have had this happen to me in the past. If it is found to be a small spot, (flea, or hot particle) that got loose usually nothing is said by the regulators. It,s understood that Sh!t happens. >:(
Keeping our highways safe for over 40 years

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #173 on: Feb 07, 2008, 01:13 »
NNNOOOO, if you put it back on the road you are as guilty as the person who sent it. I have had this happen to me in the past. If it is found to be a small spot, (flea, or hot particle) that got loose usually nothing is said by the regulators. It,s understood that Sh!t happens. >:(

Thats true.  The package identified was brought into the protected area and properly dealt with.  Areva apparently didn't give it the level of concern that the NRC felt it did deserve though.  After a phone call from Atlanta a rep from the company showed up with a telepole this morning to conduct their own investigation. 

But who would take a chance of shipping with a CT doserate of 200 mrem?  I know its dead on but...dang.  Even if it wasn't a "OMG was I on the wrong scale!"

Offline MrHazmat

• Moderate User
« Reply #174 on: Feb 07, 2008, 03:57 »

But who would take a chance of shipping with a CT doserate of 200 mrem?  I know its dead on but...dang.  Even if it wasn't a "OMG was I on the wrong scale!"

I saw several utility companies send in trucks to Chem-Nuclear while I was there and show 9.5 to 10 at 2 meters. And when the poop hit the fan SCDHEC would tell them quick, it does not matter what your meters read, >:( only the one with the DHEC sticker on it counts. ;D

Rahrah

« Reply #175 on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:14 »
We're opening the box tomorrow.  Then we'll know what caused the 2 R reading.  Mr. Areva's telepole only saw half of that.  Should be interesting

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #176 on: Feb 08, 2008, 04:36 »
MrHazmat........Correct, Their always a Keeper! 

I'm still looking for that S#*t Happens clause in the Regs, must be in the new edition.

A Telepole for a Shipping Survey?  Does anybody else use a Telepole for Shipping Surveys?

I know why Teletector aren't used for shipments and I'm assuming the Telepole has the same deficiencies!

RG

Offline TN-Man

• Light User
« Reply #177 on: Feb 08, 2008, 07:03 »
I can tell you from experience while working in Rad Waste at VC Summer. You use the instrument that SCDHEC used at Barnwell and that was the Teletector. In my shipping class taught by Duretek (now EnergySolution) the instructor told us  to use the teletector, because the shipping index is not a doserate??!! Yes there is a huge difference in reading with an Ion Chamber vs. a GM, but the instrument of choice is the teletector. I don't know what instrument they use at Bear Creek(EnergySolution), but SCDHEC still uses the good old 6112B. The Telepole should never be used for anything. *He wrote, looking at the one in the corner of his office.*
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2008, 07:42 by TN-Man »

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #178 on: Feb 08, 2008, 07:12 »
The best part was that noone got a "Dose Rate Alarm" during the survey! 8)

Offline MrHazmat

• Moderate User
« Reply #179 on: Feb 11, 2008, 07:22 »
I can tell you from experience while working in Rad Waste at VC Summer. You use the instrument that SCDHEC used at Barnwell and that was the Teletector. In my shipping class taught by Duretek (now EnergySolution) the instructor told us  to use the teletector, because the shipping index is not a doserate??!! Yes there is a huge difference in reading with an Ion Chamber vs. a GM, but the instrument of choice is the teletector. I don't know what instrument they use at Bear Creek(EnergySolution), but SCDHEC still uses the good old 6112B. The Telepole should never be used for anything. *He wrote, looking at the one in the corner of his office.*
I agree that a 6112 is not my choice either, when I left CN we were using RO-2's and SCDHEC used the same or a PIC-6. BTW I left in 1991, so I can not say what they do now.

RG, What I was referring to was I sent a box of equipment to, I believe Turkey Point in the late 80's and it left with a max reading of 125 mrem and got there reading 350 mrem on the bottom. After unloading the box it still had the 350 mrem on the bottom. They found a "Hot Particle" in the empty box and the NRC inspector was the one that said OH WELL S*^T happens, and nothing else was said or written about the incident.

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #180 on: Jun 02, 2008, 06:24 »
Rumor is that WBN is throwing a "Frisking Party" this summer!

They are going to "Free Release" their U-2 CTMT building, that has previously just been the best ice condenser mockup in the country, until now.

I heard 20 techs showed up today, with friskers in hand, gonna soak up some of that "Summer Per Diem" along with the Friday Pizza Parties and some RPM furnished "Chick-Fillet" lunches squeezed in there somewhere - I'm sure. If not the Site Coordinator has promissed Hardies Thick Burgers every other Tuesday, until the Domed Building is released.

Supposedly, it was gonna take 3 months with 48 techs, right now it looks like summer work until the fall outage season starts, if thats what you want.

Didnt know if any of those "Senior Techs" who love to frisk for $39/hr knew about this gig! 8)
« Last Edit: Jun 02, 2008, 10:27 by Dream Tarheel »

country_heaven

Startup of #2 Workers Coming To Spring City
« Reply #181 on: Jun 21, 2008, 10:12 »
I'm just wondering when the workers are coming and what their needs will be?
Are all 2300 coming at one time?
Are there going to be some that come, do a job and then leave?

nuketarded

Re: Startup of #2 Workers Coming To Spring City
« Reply #182 on: Jun 21, 2008, 03:02 »
I'm just wondering when the workers are coming and what their needs will be?
Are all 2300 coming at one time?
Are there going to be some that come, do a job and then leave?

I understand there are 1100 on the project right now.  There is actually quite a bit of work going on right now.  Building up to 2300 or so will take about the next 18 months and the peak will last about 2 years.  They will not all be in Spring City.  Some will work out of Knoxville.  Others out of Chattanooga.

nuketarded

« Reply #183 on: Jun 22, 2008, 07:00 »
It looks like there may also be hearings for the Construction Permit and Operating License.....  Hopefully all that falls within the schedule.  It's been a while since the NRC issued and OL.

UTnuke

« Reply #184 on: Jul 12, 2008, 09:28 »
NRC NEWS
U.S. NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION
Office of Public Affairs Telephone: 301/415-8200
Washington, DC 20555-0001 E-mail: opa@nrc.gov
www.nrc.gov

No. 08-130 July 11, 2008 

NRC EXTENDS CONSTRUCTION PERMIT FOR WATTS BAR UNIT 2

The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has extended the construction permit for the unfinished Unit 2 at the Watts Bar nuclear power plant to March 31, 2013. The Tennessee Valley Authority, which operates Unit 1 at the plant about 10 miles south of Spring City, Tenn., requested the extension May 8.

The NRC staff’s environmental assessment of the extension request, which found no significant impact on the environment, was published in the Federal Register on June 26. The agency issued the staff’s safety evaluation of the extension, as well as an order extending the construction permit, in the Federal Register on July 11.             Any person adversely affected by the order may request a hearing by Sept. 8,   specifically listing whether TVA failed to show good cause for the extension and why the NRC should not have issued the order. Those interested in filing a hearing request can find instructions in the order, which will be available on the NRC’s Web site here:  http://www.nrc.gov/reactors/plant-specific-items/watts-bar.html.

TVA has informed the NRC it intends to complete Unit 2 and request an Operating license in 2012. The NRC will decide whether to issue a license for Unit 2 in accordance with the agency’s regulations. Unit 2, if completed, would be an 1,100-MWe, Westinghouse-designed pressurized water reactor essentially the same as the operating Unit 1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NRC news releases are available through a free listserv subscription at the following Web address: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/listserver.html. The NRC Home Page at www.nrc.gov also offers a Subscribe to News link in the News & Information menu. E-mail notifications are sent to subscribers when news releases are posted to NRC's Web Site.

Privacy Policy | Site Disclaimer
Friday, July 11, 2008

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
« Reply #185 on: Aug 05, 2008, 03:41 »
Just an up date from the "Bar".  The frisking party is alive and well.  It's still going and going and going.......should be going for awhile yet.  It may be like that hotel, we checked in but we can never check out :o
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
« Reply #186 on: Aug 06, 2008, 09:04 »
I interviewed at Watts Bar last week (Thursday) for an SRO trainee position (I understand this makes me lower than whale dung to some nukeworkers).  They offered me a position Monday.  I interviewed at Millstone over a month ago and they say they're still interested (when pinged by me).  I have an interview Friday at Vermont Yankee and a possible interview at Fitzpatrick next week (an oversight postion-sounds a lot like a navy squadron job).  I have had calls from other utilities trying to set up phone interviews.  I'm reluctant to quit looking at offers but I don't want to lose any goodwill I've gotten at TVA.  I've read many of the posts on the different companies.  I've been impressed by Entergy and very impressed by TVA.  Other than my daughter going to college in New Hampshire and my family in Northern Kentucky I have no ties anywhere.  I'm willing to relocate just about anywhere north of Atlanta and east of the Mississppi (though I love the western U.S.).

How would the nukeworkers compare TVA/Dominion/Entergy/FPL/Constellation as far as the type of company most guys like working for?  Other than the heat, the Watts Bar area was very nice and seemed affordable.  I like the overall quality of life in the Northeast, but the cost of living worries me.  I'd appreciate any advice from those who've been there.
-Derek
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Fermi2

« Reply #187 on: Aug 06, 2008, 09:46 »
TVA is great, Entergy, I guess it depends. FPL sucks, Dominion seems ok, Constellation I've never had any experience with.

Do not take an oversight job. It'll be a dead end for you and you'll get zero respect considering your experience.

Mike

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #188 on: Aug 07, 2008, 08:36 »
Wow, I actually agree with Mike on this one.

"Do not take an oversight job. It'll be a dead end for you and you'll get zero respect considering your experience".

Mike,  Looks like we left Fermi to early, we could have seen McCain the other day.
LM

Fermi2

« Reply #189 on: Aug 07, 2008, 12:42 »
Hey you better agree with me!!

While it would have been great to see McCain I'm pretty sure I left Fermi at the right time frame, at least for then, I simply could not stand WT and another Manager there and in my mind staying there was ethically wrong on my part Given the other manager is still in the industry I won't give his initials On the other hand I liked Don Cobb and Kevin Hlavaty and a few of the other higher ups there, in fact Don and I had a nice phone conversation about a month ago. If the conditions are right I'd probably go back there sometime.

Mike

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #190 on: Aug 07, 2008, 01:46 »
If I recall you left in the Spring of 2005 and I left in the fall.  I liked the plant and there were some great people but they are really changing the faces there.  Where is Don at?  I liked him quite a bit.
LM

qballew

« Reply #191 on: Aug 07, 2008, 09:01 »
A quick inquiry... Does anyone know if candidates have been interviewed for the the latest group of Nuclear SGPO's (posted in June) for Watts Bar ?   I know it is probably a little early yet, but I have another interview with TVA at the Kingston Fossil plant and am debating what to do. I really would prefer to work at WBN, but hate to pass on another foot in the door type opportunity.  On that note,  I know of at least one case of personnel who have transferred from Fossil to Nuclear operation positions.  However, I would like the general Nukeworker opinion on this type of venture. Is it more of an impedance or does it really help to at least already work for TVA ?  Do you recommend this type of indirect route to someone with no Nuclear experience?   

Thanks again for having such a great Nuclear resource,

Q

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
« Reply #192 on: Aug 09, 2008, 12:06 »
I went to Vermont Yankee interview yesterday.  It was with two people.  It was pretty close to the other three interviews I've been to.  Like a bonehead I forgot my resume and one of the guys asked for it.  He obviously knew nothing about me.  They made it pretty clear that SRO was out of the question.  Based on when they are starting classes, it would probably be at least a year until I could class up.  That's fine with me, but their questions, and answers to my questions, led me to believe that they were trying to lower my expectations.  At Watts Bar and Millstone they asked me questions to probe into my experiences.  I spoke more than I normally would when answering their questions trying to prove myself.  At the end they gave me an opportunity to add anything in my defense, then one of them had to leave for some training.  Right after my interview a guy from Virginia was waiting to interview.  It appeared no one knew he was coming. 

At TVA they had an itinerary waiting for me, a presentation on the company, a tour of the simulator, and a meet and greet lunch with the interview team before we started the actual interview/screening process.

I'm leaning very heavily towards Watts Bar.  I owe them an answer Wednesday.  I've yet to get offers from anyone else though Millstone and Brookfield Renewable say formal offers are days away.  It's been over a month since my intial interview at Millstone and three weeks since my interview at Brookfield.  Based on my upcoming underway schedule, accepting an offer before 25AUG08 would be a big boost for my upcoming transfer to the fleet reserve.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #193 on: Aug 09, 2008, 02:10 »
I went to Vermont Yankee interview yesterday.  It was with two people.  It was pretty close to the other three interviews I've been to.  Like a bonehead I forgot my resume and one of the guys asked for it.  He obviously knew nothing about me.  They made it pretty clear that SRO was out of the question.  Based on when they are starting classes, it would probably be at least a year until I could class up.  That's fine with me, but their questions, and answers to my questions, led me to believe that they were trying to lower my expectations.  At Watts Bar and Millstone they asked me questions to probe into my experiences.  I spoke more than I normally would when answering their questions trying to prove myself.  At the end they gave me an opportunity to add anything in my defense, then one of them had to leave for some training.  Right after my interview a guy from Virginia was waiting to interview.  It appeared no one knew he was coming. 

At TVA they had an itinerary waiting for me, a presentation on the company, a tour of the simulator, and a meet and greet lunch with the interview team before we started the actual interview/screening process.

I'm leaning very heavily towards Watts Bar.  I owe them an answer Wednesday.  I've yet to get offers from anyone else though Millstone and Brookfield Renewable say formal offers are days away.  It's been over a month since my intial interview at Millstone and three weeks since my interview at Brookfield.  Based on my upcoming underway schedule, accepting an offer before 25AUG08 would be a big boost for my upcoming transfer to the fleet reserve.

I've had similar interviewing experiences in the past. It looks like VY ran theirs like a filter, and Watts Bar wants to select and attract skilled professionals, and treat them as such. I know which place I'd select.

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
« Reply #194 on: Aug 11, 2008, 11:42 »
By the way......

I heard 20 techs showed up today, with friskers in hand, gonna soak up some of that "Summer Per Diem" along with the Friday Pizza Parties and some RPM furnished "Chick-Fillet" lunches squeezed in there somewhere - I'm sure. If not the Site Coordinator has promissed Hardies Thick Burgers every other Tuesday, until the Domed Building is released.

how come we haven't seen any of this?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

UTnuke

« Reply #195 on: Aug 14, 2008, 10:02 »
A quick inquiry... Does anyone know if candidates have been interviewed for the the latest group of Nuclear SGPO's (posted in June) for Watts Bar ? 

I am in the SGPO class that was hired last August, as far as I know there have not schedule any interviews for the posting.  As far as the question on taking a job as fossil and moving up,  I think you would be in fossil for a while before you would get the chance to move to Nuclear.  I am pretty sure you would have to finish the fossil training before being eligible to move jobs.  I am lock into this position until I finished the program which I hope will be sometime in March of '09.  Either fossil or nuclear be prepared to study weekly for the exams.  Also Oral boards are not very pleasant.
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2008, 10:08 by UTnuke »

Fermi2

« Reply #196 on: Aug 14, 2008, 11:06 »
I have a friend who applied via the dirtburner side. When they interviewed him and realized he was a former Navy Nuke. They then said they really weren't interested in a Nuke because in their view a nuke would just end up eventually bidding a nuke job and to them it'd be a net loss. I doubt that's official TVA Policy but he was told that about 3 years ago.

Mike

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #197 on: Aug 15, 2008, 04:33 »
All is good at WBN ! 8)
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2008, 08:28 by Dream Tarheel »

Offline TN-Man

• Light User
« Reply #198 on: Aug 15, 2008, 12:54 »
But on the bright side of things, rumor is the site coordinator is presenting to each contract tech, upon completion of their assignment, a "Bonus", unlike any you have ever seen before in your Nuclear Career.  8)

Keep us informed as to what that "bonus" is. You just have to love that Willie.....
Promise and not deliver; never heard of such a thing at the Bar .. must have been a communication error.

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #199 on: Aug 16, 2008, 09:38 »
By the way......

how come we haven't seen any of this?

Fall fun is fixin to start up at Sequoyah for any of our locals leaving the Bar anytime soon.  Be looking out for yourselves if you want to get in, you know who you are.  I'm afraid you'll get bit in the butt if your not vigilant.  You might not get fed as good but it's a hecka lot closer to home for you.  We have one contractor in right now and should bring in 3 more to supplement for the drycask and shared resources when we support Browns Ferry Unit 1 this fall.  We're dropping a crew at the end of next month and going to a four week rotation and the Bartlett folks will shore up the dayshift.  Should be a little OT also to go around too.  Plus changes going on here with the shift supervisors,,,that effect next outage.  Have they given a drop dead date on when the Ctmt is supposed to be released??   

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #200 on: Aug 17, 2008, 12:21 »
Rumor appear to be untrue! 8)
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2008, 08:27 by Dream Tarheel »

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #201 on: Aug 18, 2008, 03:48 »
There's always a "smidge of truth" in every rumor Brother-In-Law,,, and most of the time up there,,,it is ususally more than that,,,HeHe.  I haven't been gone that long.  What's the word on the shift supv. (why?) and techs job announcement that is out?  How many?  You think Sequoyah would hire too,,,worked the last 4 nights on shift, OT on T,W,T,  shift again for weekend, quick turn around and work off nights next Thursday morning,,,13 out of 14 days,,,rules what rules  :o 
Training block and "ALPO" visit,,,gotta love it,$$$,!!

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #202 on: Aug 18, 2008, 05:04 »
Rumor appear to be untrue! 8)
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2008, 08:26 by Dream Tarheel »

qballew

« Reply #203 on: Aug 22, 2008, 09:34 »
Thanks for the feedback.

I have completed my interview with the Fossil group and am now hoping to hear from the Nuke Group.  According to my HR contact the WBN NSGPO interview candidates should be selected and invited within the next couple of weeks... about the same time the Fossil group will be making job offers.   I am really striving to get into the Nuclear program so I hope to get an interview invitation before the "dirtburners" want a decision (as I feel they will most likely offer me a position).   The timeline is tricky, I only hope to avoid shooting myself in the proverbial foot before I can get it into the TVA door !!  :D

Thanks again and wish me luck,

Q
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2008, 09:39 by qballew »

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
« Reply #204 on: Dec 03, 2008, 03:12 »
There hasn't been an update in this group about the frisking party for quite awhile.  We are still here frisking!!!  Things have slowed down and we have lost most of the seniors that originally showed up in June.  On a daily basis, there is maybe one senior available for the free release work.  Other than that, we sit the access points due to treating the containment as a non RCA area.  Most weeks we are still working 4 tens.  When overtime comes around the house techs get first shot at the hours.  Rumor has it that after the first of the year the schedule will go to 5 days a week.  They haven't stated it yet but we all know that means 5-8s for the contractors and 2 hours a day for the house techs.  Not sure if 5-8s is worth it or not.  They hired 3 of the contractors here and more spots will come open in time.  This was supposed to be a 3 month project but here we are 6 months later with a schedule that takes us to March.  More later........

Offline TN-Man

• Light User
« Reply #205 on: Dec 04, 2008, 10:33 »
So does this mean that the CTMT has been released?? How long did that take?? I heard about the three that went house. You'll miss WT as coordinator, but CB will be a good one. I guess if you want a house job you have to be the Barlett coordinator. Ask John if he has any extra ear pieces for the teletector lying around. I could use one.

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
« Reply #206 on: Dec 10, 2008, 11:27 »
The CTMT is not released yet but it's close.  Not sure if I would sign the paperwork but it is pretty clean.  They got three for house jobs and a couple more have had offers from Sequoyah, so WBN will need more contractors after the new year.  Don't think there are any extra earpieces around.  We had to search for one to get the westinghouse box surveys done this morning.

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #207 on: Dec 10, 2008, 06:00 »
The CTMT is not released yet but it's close.  Not sure if I would sign the paperwork but it is pretty clean.  They got three for house jobs and a couple more have had offers from Sequoyah, so WBN will need more contractors after the new year.  Don't think there are any extra earpieces around.  We had to search for one to get the westinghouse box surveys done this morning.

Ahh, make it last another couple months, at least till our shutdown...So have you guys heard on any report dates at Sequoyah???

Hey Slow Cooker, hope your still enjoying the good life in DOEville!  I might can dig u up a earpiece, you need one for the old model tele or the newer???  The plugs are different.  They are interviewing for a shipper at the Bar if your interested, CKW is very near to departing.  We're supporting them from down here and I hear WBN is wearing them out.  They draw straws, play rock, paper, scissors, or mash the fingers on the writing hand in a car door to not go!!!

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
« Reply #208 on: Dec 11, 2008, 10:09 »
Latest news is there are 3 definites that have accepted offers.  Not sure what the hold up is now.  Haven't heard any news about medical exams or security paperwork yet.  Should be there by the end of the next shutdown. 

Offline TN-Man

• Light User
« Reply #209 on: Dec 11, 2008, 11:11 »
They are interviewing for a shipper at the Bar if your interested, CKW is very near to departing.  We're supporting them from down here and I hear WBN is wearing them out.  They draw straws, play rock, paper, scissors, or mash the fingers on the writing hand in a car door to not go!!!

A shipper job at the Bar!!?? I would expect they would have them lined up from the Portal to the OSGSF for that big money. Anybody reading this with Shipper Quals better jump on this one. The Sequoyah people are just spoiled. Here is somebody's chance to get in on the Nuclear Renaissance before it ends. This looks like the last chance. Life in in DOEville is too good to leave- even for double the money.

Slow Cooker Now just call me Simmer

hackerd

Hiring cycle for Watts Bar 2
« Reply #210 on: Mar 07, 2009, 03:56 »
This is my first post so please inform me if I make a mistake. I've searched a while before posting this. I am a MM1 with about 3 1/2 years left on this contract. I'm an about to go to Japan for 3 years. Then, hopefully they will send me back prior to my separation, which is in Nov 2012. I saw that Watts Bar should have their other plant operational by about 2013. Does anyone know when they will start hiring for operator positions? I'm hoping that I can slide right into a job like this shortly before or after my EAOS.

Thank you all for this website. It has been very informative and I've referred plenty of my friends to check this site out.

Fermi2

Re: Hiring cycle for Watts Bar 2
« Reply #211 on: Mar 07, 2009, 06:39 »
They should be done well before then. I believe the big TVA hiring push ends in mid 2011.

Offline Bleyse

• Moderate User
« Reply #212 on: Mar 08, 2009, 07:44 »
Staffing for unit 2 is already well underway.  There are currently 3 NLO training classes (approx 20 students in each) going on at WBN right now.  Latest class started in January and no word right now on when the next class will start.  There are also two ILT classes going with another starting up soon. 
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2009, 07:45 by Bleyse »

ps3081

WBN Staffing
« Reply #213 on: Mar 19, 2009, 10:19 »
Does anyone know who is staffing the Document/Admin. Personnel at Watts Bar?

chevy29

« Reply #214 on: May 13, 2009, 07:50 »
Good evening all.  I am new to this site and currently I am a navy nuke machinist mate and have been for 4 1/2 years now.  Lately I have been really thinking about getting out of the navy and going civilian when my time is up (about 3 1/2 years left) on account that I want to actually be able to raise a family without having to leave all the time.  I have read pretty much this entire forum (along with the Sequoya plant) in hopes to find information on them.  As of right now if I get out I want to move to Tennessee, so thats why I am so interested. Currently I am thinking about going AO, but also not entirely certain what all is out there. Unfortunately I do have a few questions (some of which have been answered all ready but in very vague answers).
1)  What kind of jobs are available (nuke related), what do they do, and how does "advancement" work (for lack of a better word)?
2)  I understand that it is shiftwork so:  How long are the days and what is the cycle like for each shift?
3)  How much on average do people get paid, does qualifying EWS or getting a degree help get more?
4)  What are the benefits like, including say medical, dental, and retirement?
5)  Since I have a little bit of time left:  When should I officially apply for a job and take my POSS test (I would like to know that I have a job as soon as I get out)

Thank you everybody and sorry its such a lengthy post (and yes it is the same as the Sequoya site but I figured I may get more answers if I posted it on both)

Fermi2

« Reply #215 on: May 13, 2009, 08:34 »
Just an opinion, but neither of your posts were germain to either Watts Bar or Sequoyah.
I found it rude that you posted it on both threads.

Mike

DSO

« Reply #216 on: May 13, 2009, 09:17 »
Good evening all.  I am new to this site and currently I am a navy nuke machinist mate and have been for 4 1/2 years now.  Lately I have been really thinking about getting out of the navy and going civilian when my time is up (about 3 1/2 years left) on account that I want to actually be able to raise a family without having to leave all the time.  I have read pretty much this entire forum (along with the Sequoya plant) in hopes to find information on them.  As of right now if I get out I want to move to Tennessee, so thats why I am so interested. Currently I am thinking about going AO, but also not entirely certain what all is out there. Unfortunately I do have a few questions (some of which have been answered all ready but in very vague answers).
1)  What kind of jobs are available (nuke related), what do they do, and how does "advancement" work (for lack of a better word)?
2)  I understand that it is shiftwork so:  How long are the days and what is the cycle like for each shift?
3)  How much on average do people get paid, does qualifying EWS or getting a degree help get more?
4)  What are the benefits like, including say medical, dental, and retirement?
5)  Since I have a little bit of time left:  When should I officially apply for a job and take my POSS test (I would like to know that I have a job as soon as I get out)

Thank you everybody and sorry its such a lengthy post (and yes it is the same as the Sequoya site but I figured I may get more answers if I posted it on both)
1) Posted jobs are the ones usually available
2) Days are 24 hrs longs and the cycles length for each shift varies
3) People on average get paid the following: total number of plant employees divided by the total yearly pay of the total number of plant employees--EWS or/and a degree may or may not help you "get more".
4) Benefits are usually beneficial in direct relationship to the name of the benefit
5) You should start applying and take the POSS test immediately as 3 1/2 years of practice should sharpen your job-hunting skills to put you right on target of having all the nuclear Tennessee power plant employers begging for your services

chevy29

« Reply #217 on: May 14, 2009, 08:18 »
yes I do kind of understand that it was a newbie question, but I think that it does pertain to these two places.  I don't give a rats @$$ about whats going on in Vermont or Nebraska, I wanna know how they run things in TN.  You know maybe I'm just naive but I would think that different people work at different places, so no I don't think it was rude posting it in both locations.  I think that it was having a legitimate question and hoping that if I posted it at both places I may find somebody that would be a little help.  And to be honest, I think that it was rude that I ask a few good questions and all I get is smartass remarks. 

Fermi2

« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2009, 08:44 »
yes I do kind of understand that it was a newbie question, but I think that it does pertain to these two places.  I don't give a rats @$$ about whats going on in Vermont or Nebraska, I wanna know how they run things in TN.  You know maybe I'm just naive but I would think that different people work at different places, so no I don't think it was rude posting it in both locations.  I think that it was having a legitimate question and hoping that if I posted it at both places I may find somebody that would be a little help.  And to be honest, I think that it was rude that I ask a few good questions and all I get is smartass remarks. 

It was rude and if this is how you respond you won't make it a day in the commercial world.

Mike

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #219 on: May 14, 2009, 11:27 »
I don't give a rats @$$ about whats going on in Vermont or Nebraska

which is unfortunate, as that both places have BWRs which hire frequently, and fairly nice people to work with.

I have a hunch, based on this thread, that the poster can pretty much assume person(s) with hire/don't hire authority at TVA may have already made some mental notes...

« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 01:26 by HydroDave63 »

Offline Bleyse

• Moderate User
« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2009, 11:41 »
1) Jobs available are on the TVA website.  That's the only way they hire, there's a nice search function to narrow down to the plants you are interested in.  "Advancement" is about like everywhere else; you put in your time, and if you do well enough and are motivated, you will 'advance'.
2) For Ops, it's 12 hour shifts, days and nights alternate weekly, 5 week rotation, training in middle, 8 day break at the end.
3) The pay rates for technical training positions are posted on the TVA website, and they are negotiated by union, so all employees covered by Trades and Labor agreements get the same rate.  As far as management goes, degrees and Naval accomplishments are more like minimum consideration qualifications.
4) TVA is a federal government corporation, so what do you think the benefits are like?  Seriously, you can find a lot of information on benefits on the TVA website.
5) POSS test is given to as many as 30 candidates all at once in a classroom setting; it's not gonna be an easy transition from Navy to TVA like you want.  The jobs that require people to take a POSS are usually only up for about 3-4 days, there's a very small window to apply.  

As you can see, at least three of your questions could have been answered if you just went to the TVA website and read the information that was posted there.  From that point of view, perhaps you can see why you ended up with some of the responses you got.

chevy29

« Reply #221 on: May 16, 2009, 01:16 »
Thanks Bleyse.  I didnt realize that all this was found on their website.  Im going to have to go check it out now

Offline LOKI RAD

• Light User
  • Don't Lie To Me Again!
« Reply #222 on: May 26, 2009, 05:28 »
Is there an Outage at WBN this fall?

Who is the HP contractor, Atlantic or Bartlett?

Do They hire just locals or is it a super returnee plant?

I heard Bill Jasper was the RPM now that Sawyer left for BFN, do you call him directly for a job?

Thanks for any help! :)

jowlman

« Reply #223 on: May 26, 2009, 10:13 »
Bartlett has the HP contract.
They hire anybody, they are NOT a high returnee rate plant.
Bill Jasper is not the RPM, he is a supervisor.
I do think that they are having an outage, check the Bartlett wish list.

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO
« Reply #224 on: May 27, 2009, 08:14 »
We're starting our outage in late September.

Offline LOKI RAD

• Light User
  • Don't Lie To Me Again!
« Reply #225 on: May 27, 2009, 11:28 »
Anyone know how long it is scheduled to last and if there is another TVA outage to goto afterwards?

Thanks ;D

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #226 on: May 27, 2009, 12:10 »
The information you seek can be found here....

http://www.bartlettinc.com/sp.cfm?pageid=1771

Watts Bar is for 4 weeks starting 9/20/09.... Sequoyah is 4 weeks starting 10/25/09.

Bartlett's number is 1-800-225-0385... recruiters are Scott (x1291) and Mike (x1275).

Offline LOKI RAD

• Light User
  • Don't Lie To Me Again!
« Reply #227 on: May 27, 2009, 12:44 »
Thanks for the link.

I read somewhere they were paying $33 /hr & $115 /day, that is awesome! ;D

jowlman

« Reply #228 on: May 27, 2009, 10:21 »
Unless they have signed a new contract, you have been misinformed. The pay for WBN and SQN is $30/hr without per diem, I think $25/hr and $70/day with per diem. There is also a $3.01/hr kicker on top of both rates for the first 40 hours. For some reason BFN is the money maker, there its $31.50/hr, if you aren't local you get $70/day on top of that, no local/nonlocal rates, and that $3.01 kicker for the first 40 hours.

Offline LOKI RAD

• Light User
  • Don't Lie To Me Again!
« Reply #229 on: Jul 09, 2009, 03:31 »
This is really a dead link, is it not?

Do the Watts Bar RP techs not have a pulse?

No wonder they hire anyone as mentioned above.

So is it just the contractors that cant go anywhere else that goto Watts Bar?
 ;)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #230 on: Jul 09, 2009, 10:50 »

;)

Sour grapes much?

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #231 on: Jul 10, 2009, 03:25 »

;)

It's that way during the outage too, LOL.  Pretty much like 30-40% on the returnee rate in the years past, that might be on the high side there  ::).  Jowlman doesn't frequent the "Bar" anymore, PM him and I'm sure he can enlighten you.  It's a new world everyday.  Some great people there, just the great ones are loaded down.  Not enough mules hooked to the plow.

Offline #1CubsFan

• Very Lite User
« Reply #232 on: Jul 10, 2009, 04:43 »
Don't know if this is the right place for this but since it is a TVA plant thought I would try.Had heard rumors that Watts Bar and Browns Ferry were gonna be hiring some RP techs and hadn't seen or heard anything on here and nothing has been posted on TVA's website either and just wanted so see if anyone had any info on the validity of this? Thanks take it easy its my first post lol

Offline LOKI RAD

• Light User
  • Don't Lie To Me Again!
« Reply #233 on: Jul 14, 2009, 10:56 »
Sour grapes much?

No Sour Grapes, just stating an observation.

I hear they cant staff thier outage as it is, maybe rumor, I guess we'll see! >:(

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #234 on: Aug 09, 2009, 06:12 »
No Sour Grapes, just stating an observation.

I hear they cant staff their outage as it is, maybe rumor, I guess we'll see! >:(

No rumor.  Watts Bar and Sequoyah are being told that the vendor/vendors will not be able to staff at 100%.  Our RPM put that out this week on Friday.  The other sites are being asked to help compensate with increased shared resources personnel.  The other kicker is according to our 26 CFR fatigue assessment, it states we have to have 3 successive days off every 15 day period and still not work anymore than 72 hrs in a 7 day period.  Everyone has their own slant on the interpertation, but thankfully Watts Bar gets to jump on the grenade first.

Offline Longtime Nuke

• Light User
« Reply #235 on: Aug 11, 2009, 08:40 »
That is right regarding the work rule.  What is the the plan....5x12s?

Fermi2

« Reply #236 on: Aug 11, 2009, 09:43 »
No rumor.  Watts Bar and Sequoyah are being told that the vendor/vendors will not be able to staff at 100%.  Our RPM put that out this week on Friday.  The other sites are being asked to help compensate with increased shared resources personnel.  The other kicker is according to our 26 CFR fatigue assessment, it states we have to have 3 successive days off every 15 day period and still not work anymore than 72 hrs in a 7 day period.  Everyone has their own slant on the interpertation, but thankfully Watts Bar gets to jump on the grenade first.

But make no mistake about it LQ, everyone in TVA will catch a few of the grenade fragments!

Mikey

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #237 on: Aug 11, 2009, 11:42 »
That is right regarding the work rule.  What is the the plan....5x12s?

One of the things I've been hearing is a 5 days on, 1 day off schedule which should meet the 3 days off in a 15 day period. 
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #238 on: Aug 12, 2009, 03:10 »

But make no mistake about it LQ, everyone in TVA will catch a few of the grenade fragments!

Mikey

No doubt Mike.  The lab has a copy of "Draft C" of the ssp running around down here.  Draft "C" huh??  They just haven't made the phrase "3 days off/successive (i.e., non rolling)" go away yet.  Webster calls it like he sees it...break out the white out!!

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
« Reply #239 on: Sep 28, 2009, 08:59 »
Latest update (since we are working it)  the schedule for RP is 6 and 1 then 5 and 1 (no double time) for the two week schedule.  Of course Ops and Maint. are working some kind of 4 10s schedule with rotating days off giving them double time while meeting the requirment.

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #240 on: Sep 28, 2009, 04:21 »
Isnt that supposed to be 6 & 1, then 5 & 2?  8)

whosez

« Reply #241 on: Sep 28, 2009, 08:05 »
You know people from Tennessee can't count past 10.

Offline Hollywood

• Very Lite User
« Reply #242 on: Oct 20, 2009, 03:40 »
I have posted my resume and been watching/looking for openings on the TVA web site(and Nukeworker), job searcher for positions open at either Watts bar or Sequoyah but I am seeing nothing. I am seeking employment with one of these plants or any nuclear related job in Eastern Tennessee. I was hoping that there might be another way to get in contact with whoever does the Hiring for these plants. I just thought it would be a little bit easier to get a Nuc related job after doing your time in the Nuc navy, if anyone has any more information or advice that isnt already posted, it would be much appreciated.

I am btw talking to three different head hunting agencies, but there telling me that there isnt much in Tennessee right now..

-Jeff

Fermi2

« Reply #243 on: Oct 20, 2009, 04:27 »
I have posted my resume and been watching/looking for openings on the TVA web site(and Nukeworker), job searcher for positions open at either Watts bar or Sequoyah but I am seeing nothing. I am seeking employment with one of these plants or any nuclear related job in Eastern Tennessee. I was hoping that there might be another way to get in contact with whoever does the Hiring for these plants. I just thought it would be a little bit easier to get a Nuc related job after doing your time in the Nuc navy, if anyone has any more information or advice that isnt already posted, it would be much appreciated.

I am btw talking to three different head hunting agencies, but there telling me that there isnt much in Tennessee right now..

-Jeff

No you can't get an "in". You haven't operated a real reactor yet, you have the equivalent experience of a janitor as all you've operated is a startup source. Right now nearly every classroom at most TVA facilities are packed with trainees. Keep checking the website. Your lack of real experience doesn't set you apart enough to bypass applying on the website. The way we hire in personnel is gleening resumes submitted to www.tva.gov.

Mike

Offline Neutron_Herder

• SRO / STA
  • Moderate User
« Reply #244 on: Oct 20, 2009, 04:32 »
Jeff,

They only hire through their website, so just keep an eye out and jump if you see something you like.  Sometimes the jobs on there don't stay open very long, so check often.  TVA doesn't work with headhunters.  They don't need to.

Be patient and something will show up...  Then be patient some more!  If you search around, Broadzilla posted a good summary a while back (2006) of how the hiring process goes.  There's nothing quick about the government!!

Good luck!

Jay
"If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking" - Gen. George S. Patton

jowlman

« Reply #245 on: Oct 20, 2009, 04:58 »
Jeff,

You don't go into your background, so its hard to tell. If you are an ex ELT, there is nuclear work to be had in Oak Ridge right now. Not quite Tennessee, but Bartlett call me just this weekend to ask me if I was interested in work in Padukah,Ky. There is also NSF and Studsvic in the Elizabethton area. I hope that this gives you a few more ideas.

Fred

Offline LOKI RAD

• Light User
  • Don't Lie To Me Again!
« Reply #246 on: Oct 02, 2010, 03:44 »
The word is down here is that the Bar has loaded up on techs and is still hiring. New management, new supervision and a whole new perspective on things and such.

And oneday, their gonna have 2 Units!

O' Keeler got them ship shape these days! :P

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
« Reply #247 on: Oct 04, 2010, 02:28 »
"New management, new supervision and a whole new perspective on things and such. "  I suppose it just depends on your own perspective.  They are hiring a bunch lately.

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #248 on: Feb 01, 2011, 12:51 »
Watts going on at the Bar?  Unit 2 in trouble?  Noticed a "changing of the realm" with the restart managers.

Fermi2

« Reply #249 on: Feb 01, 2011, 01:27 »
I heard about this. I need to get my shoulder straightened out so I can get back to work. I'm missing all the good stuff!

Offline Bleyse

• Moderate User
« Reply #250 on: Feb 01, 2011, 07:00 »
It didn't have anything to do with Watts Bar.  He had personal issues.

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #251 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:27 »
I heard about this. I need to get my shoulder straightened out so I can get back to work. I'm missing all the good stuff!
  Take care of yourself Bru!  Get that cuff fixed up.  I don't know if you were here back then but he had to leave our site for personal reasons.  I believe most everyone liked him, it was unfortunate...

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #252 on: Feb 02, 2011, 03:40 »

Had my rotator cuff repaired last summer - best advice I can give you - don't scrimp on the physical therapy - I got 95+% of the pre-injury range of motion back, strength coming along.

Good luck, it's not fun.

Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Fermi2

« Reply #253 on: Feb 08, 2011, 10:51 »
Thank you guys! My surgery is Friday afternoon. They're going to reattach two tendons, clean some bone fragments out, and repair a tear in the cuff.
The doctor said I'll be away from work a minimum of 6 weeks. When he said that I was pleased because I thought I'd be able to be returned to duty by then. He laughed and said you don't understand, you'll be AT HOME and AT THERAPY for those 6 weeks there's no work allowed at all.

Whether I get full range of motion back or not, I simply want the pain to go away. He's certain he can make my shoulder look like a shoulder again.

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #254 on: Feb 08, 2011, 11:24 »
Thank you guys! My surgery is Friday afternoon. They're going to reattach two tendons, clean some bone fragments out, and repair a tear in the cuff.
The doctor said I'll be away from work a minimum of 6 weeks. When he said that I was pleased because I thought I'd be able to be returned to duty by then. He laughed and said you don't understand, you'll be AT HOME and AT THERAPY for those 6 weeks there's no work allowed at all.

Whether I get full range of motion back or not, I simply want the pain to go away. He's certain he can make my shoulder look like a shoulder again.

I'm sure all here will be have you in their prayers!  My oldest son went through it and has not had a problem since (or at least not that he is talking about).

Do all that they tell you (even though it hurts a little and you are afraid of reinjury) and as much as the therapist will let you.  Return to service ASAP!
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #255 on: Feb 09, 2011, 08:23 »
Best of luck Mike for a full recovery.
LM

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #256 on: Feb 09, 2011, 11:57 »

Light bulb!!!!!

Broadzilla is really a member of the Borg

He is single minded and relentless on the Forum.

He assimilates young men into operations.

He is going in for more modifications and improvements.

I'm just sayin'....

Good luck Mike, I hope you have a quick recovery.

Marlin
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2011, 11:59 by Marlin »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #257 on: Feb 09, 2011, 12:42 »
It was from BZ's overuse of the rocket launcher on the poor nublets:

MacGyver

« Reply #258 on: Feb 09, 2011, 02:45 »

It was from BZ's overuse of the rocket launcher on the poor nublets:

Or, maybe he was "typing angry" ... kind of like this:

Good luck on the surgery.  Hope it all turns out good for you BZ.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2011, 07:35 by MacGyver »

andrewnavy

« Reply #259 on: Feb 15, 2011, 12:06 »
For those who would like to know how long it takes for TVA to call about an application, for me it was 4 months.  I got a call yesterday for a job that I had to look up to remember how long ago it was posted.  Well fingers crossed on that interview working out.
 :-X
andrewnavy

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #260 on: Feb 15, 2011, 12:40 »
For those who would like to know how long it takes for TVA to call about an application, for me it was 4 months.  I got a call yesterday for a job that I had to look up to remember how long ago it was posted.  Well fingers crossed on that interview working out.
 :-X
andrewnavy

Good luck.

nuclear2010

« Reply #261 on: Feb 15, 2011, 04:49 »
GOOD LUCK at your interview!!

andrewnavy

« Reply #262 on: Feb 15, 2011, 07:53 »
Thanks, I will see how it goes.

Offline wingnut

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #263 on: Oct 19, 2011, 02:37 »
Not all is well. 800 pink sllipped from U2.  TVA replacing Bechtel in many areas.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #264 on: Oct 19, 2011, 03:21 »
Not all is well. 800 pink sllipped from U2.  TVA replacing Bechtel in many areas.

Thanks good catch.

In recent months, the Watts Barr Unit 2 project has been plagued with controversy.

In January, TVA fired project manager Masoud Bajestani was fired after allegedly sending more than $600,000 to Iran.

In March, an electrical inspector was indicted for falsifying inspection reports. A second contractor was indicted in September for the same reason.

In July, a scathing report released by the Nuclear Regulation Commission slammed both Watts Bar 1 and 2 for numerous safety violations.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/15730703/tva-to-lay-off-800-at-watts-bar-project

Offline Bleyse

• Moderate User
« Reply #265 on: Oct 20, 2011, 02:27 »

And yet, somehow, in spite of this, there are 3 ILT classes going as well as interviews for the next SGPO class this week.

That's just operations....  I can't speak for the other craft departments.

Maybe house jobs are the way to go...

Offline wingnut

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #266 on: Oct 22, 2011, 11:58 »
To those enroute out it was explained that the budget had shrunk. While Unit 1 keeps on makng megawatts, the Unit 2 side had not lived up to expectatons on both progress and budget. Goals and system turnovers kept moving--away from schedule.  Constructon work always entails layoffs as progress/management change is made, hence 600 craft workers going home. The 200 non-manual folks is another thing.  To put it in perspective: Your Quick Lube job takes days. And they're not done yet.

wlrun3@aol.com

« Reply #267 on: Oct 22, 2011, 03:16 »

What is the consensus on the much anticipated start of Watts Bar Unit 2.

Fermi2

« Reply #268 on: Oct 22, 2011, 03:42 »

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO
« Reply #269 on: Oct 23, 2011, 08:37 »
My money's on 2014, but I'm naturally pessimistic about construction schedules after my shipyard tour.

Offline LOKI RAD

• Light User
  • Don't Lie To Me Again!
« Reply #270 on: Dec 05, 2011, 11:10 »
I hear my old bunk mate Warren "The Woliverene" is @ the BAR, tell him I am still looking for the $$$$$$ he owes me!  >:(
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2011, 11:13 by LOKI RAD »

Offline LOKI RAD

• Light User
  • Don't Lie To Me Again!
« Reply #271 on: Aug 16, 2012, 09:37 »
Well, as an Atlantic Die Hard Tech, I was very surprised to find out the "Double Secret Probation" list had been dusted off - with an offer to do the upcoming WBN Outage!

So, I made some phones calls to see if I should backout of my Salem Outage and............

All is not good in the Tennessee Valley, I was told the "Watts Bar Black Plague Outage" starts in 3 weeks, and your supposed to avoid the plague; right???? :D

The Bar is 31 RP Techs short (out of 55) and they are currently almost out of control, and certain to not staff the outage, up against the Sequoyah SGRP.

You were warned! -K

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #272 on: Jun 20, 2014, 07:58 »
We are so negligent around here anymore,...

Happy Birthday Watts Bar!!!!

The USA's youngest commercial nuclear power generating plant is old enough to vote this year!!!!

Watt's Bar turned 18YO on May 27, 2014,...

Welcome to the grown up's world, there are no minors left in the US of A's commercial nuclear family,... 8)
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2014, 08:01 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #273 on: Jun 20, 2014, 08:03 »
What is the consensus on the much anticipated start of Watts Bar Unit 2.

2015?

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #275 on: May 27, 2015, 01:54 »
Is WB2 going to load fuel within the next 34 days?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #276 on: Jun 01, 2015, 12:08 »
Is WB2 going to load fuel within the next 34 days?

No.

If we are lucky, might start hot functional tests by then.
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #277 on: Jun 01, 2015, 12:39 »
Won't start up till late this year. Only 2 years behind schedule . That plant will never pay for itself .

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #278 on: Jun 01, 2015, 02:14 »
No.

If we are lucky, might start hot functional tests by then.

Is that likely to push the commercial ops date of 06/16 back to 08/16 (or later) or is there schedule float which can be brought forward?

OR

Is that one of those "Really can't talk about that here" things?,.... 8)
« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2015, 03:10 by GLW »

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #279 on: Jun 06, 2015, 10:52 »
Is that likely to push the commercial ops date of 06/16 back to 08/16 (or later) or is there schedule float which can be brought forward?

OR

Is that one of those "Really can't talk about that here" things?,.... 8)

The only schedule we ever hear about is hot functionals, so you proabably have better info than I do on when they expect commercial ops. Sorry. I could ask around if you need the information...
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #280 on: Jun 06, 2015, 11:12 »
The only schedule we ever hear about is hot functionals, so you proabably have better info than I do on when they expect commercial ops. Sorry. I could ask around if you need the information...

thanks, but I don't need to know to that level of effort,...

if it's not readily published and current with the facts on the ground,...

then it will be when it will be,... [coffee]

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #281 on: Jun 14, 2020, 11:56 »
Well 5 years, 8 days and 40ish minutes, and old Watts Bar aint had no love. Alot has changed in 5 years (RP wise), it might not be on the beach, but it is definitely has a better atmosphere these days! The drought is over and this thread lives again.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #282 on: Oct 07, 2020, 01:05 »
Well 5 years, 8 days and 40ish minutes, and old Watts Bar aint had no love. Alot has changed in 5 years (RP wise), it might not be on the beach, but it is definitely has a better atmosphere these days! The drought is over and this thread lives again.

methinks they brought in a RPM from up in the permafrost belt,....

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?