Watts Bar

Above Average
23 (44.2%)
Average
16 (30.8%)
Below Average
13 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Watts Bar  (Read 269319 times)

Offline LOKI RAD

• Light User
  • Don't Lie To Me Again!
Re: Watts Bar
« Reply #225 on: May 27, 2009, 11:28 »
Anyone know how long it is scheduled to last and if there is another TVA outage to goto afterwards?

Thanks ;D

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #226 on: May 27, 2009, 12:10 »
The information you seek can be found here....

http://www.bartlettinc.com/sp.cfm?pageid=1771

Watts Bar is for 4 weeks starting 9/20/09.... Sequoyah is 4 weeks starting 10/25/09.

Bartlett's number is 1-800-225-0385... recruiters are Scott (x1291) and Mike (x1275).

Offline LOKI RAD

• Light User
  • Don't Lie To Me Again!
« Reply #227 on: May 27, 2009, 12:44 »
Thanks for the link.

I read somewhere they were paying $33 /hr & $115 /day, that is awesome! ;D

jowlman

« Reply #228 on: May 27, 2009, 10:21 »
Unless they have signed a new contract, you have been misinformed. The pay for WBN and SQN is $30/hr without per diem, I think $25/hr and $70/day with per diem. There is also a $3.01/hr kicker on top of both rates for the first 40 hours. For some reason BFN is the money maker, there its $31.50/hr, if you aren't local you get $70/day on top of that, no local/nonlocal rates, and that $3.01 kicker for the first 40 hours.

Offline LOKI RAD

• Light User
  • Don't Lie To Me Again!
« Reply #229 on: Jul 09, 2009, 03:31 »
This is really a dead link, is it not?

Do the Watts Bar RP techs not have a pulse?

No wonder they hire anyone as mentioned above.

So is it just the contractors that cant go anywhere else that goto Watts Bar?
 ;)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #230 on: Jul 09, 2009, 10:50 »

;)

Sour grapes much?

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
  • Don't worry about the mule just load the wagon!
« Reply #231 on: Jul 10, 2009, 03:25 »

;)

It's that way during the outage too, LOL.  Pretty much like 30-40% on the returnee rate in the years past, that might be on the high side there  ::).  Jowlman doesn't frequent the "Bar" anymore, PM him and I'm sure he can enlighten you.  It's a new world everyday.  Some great people there, just the great ones are loaded down.  Not enough mules hooked to the plow.
I used to be a lifeguard until some blue kid got me fired.

Offline #1CubsFan

• Very Lite User
« Reply #232 on: Jul 10, 2009, 04:43 »
Don't know if this is the right place for this but since it is a TVA plant thought I would try.Had heard rumors that Watts Bar and Browns Ferry were gonna be hiring some RP techs and hadn't seen or heard anything on here and nothing has been posted on TVA's website either and just wanted so see if anyone had any info on the validity of this? Thanks take it easy its my first post lol

Offline LOKI RAD

• Light User
  • Don't Lie To Me Again!
« Reply #233 on: Jul 14, 2009, 10:56 »
Sour grapes much?

No Sour Grapes, just stating an observation.

I hear they cant staff thier outage as it is, maybe rumor, I guess we'll see! >:(

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #234 on: Aug 09, 2009, 06:12 »
No Sour Grapes, just stating an observation.

I hear they cant staff their outage as it is, maybe rumor, I guess we'll see! >:(

No rumor.  Watts Bar and Sequoyah are being told that the vendor/vendors will not be able to staff at 100%.  Our RPM put that out this week on Friday.  The other sites are being asked to help compensate with increased shared resources personnel.  The other kicker is according to our 26 CFR fatigue assessment, it states we have to have 3 successive days off every 15 day period and still not work anymore than 72 hrs in a 7 day period.  Everyone has their own slant on the interpertation, but thankfully Watts Bar gets to jump on the grenade first.

Offline Longtime Nuke

• Light User
« Reply #235 on: Aug 11, 2009, 08:40 »
That is right regarding the work rule.  What is the the plan....5x12s?

Fermi2

« Reply #236 on: Aug 11, 2009, 09:43 »
No rumor.  Watts Bar and Sequoyah are being told that the vendor/vendors will not be able to staff at 100%.  Our RPM put that out this week on Friday.  The other sites are being asked to help compensate with increased shared resources personnel.  The other kicker is according to our 26 CFR fatigue assessment, it states we have to have 3 successive days off every 15 day period and still not work anymore than 72 hrs in a 7 day period.  Everyone has their own slant on the interpertation, but thankfully Watts Bar gets to jump on the grenade first.

But make no mistake about it LQ, everyone in TVA will catch a few of the grenade fragments!

Mikey

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #237 on: Aug 11, 2009, 11:42 »
That is right regarding the work rule.  What is the the plan....5x12s?

One of the things I've been hearing is a 5 days on, 1 day off schedule which should meet the 3 days off in a 15 day period. 
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #238 on: Aug 12, 2009, 03:10 »

But make no mistake about it LQ, everyone in TVA will catch a few of the grenade fragments!

Mikey

No doubt Mike.  The lab has a copy of "Draft C" of the ssp running around down here.  Draft "C" huh??  They just haven't made the phrase "3 days off/successive (i.e., non rolling)" go away yet.  Webster calls it like he sees it...break out the white out!!

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
« Reply #239 on: Sep 28, 2009, 08:59 »
Latest update (since we are working it)  the schedule for RP is 6 and 1 then 5 and 1 (no double time) for the two week schedule.  Of course Ops and Maint. are working some kind of 4 10s schedule with rotating days off giving them double time while meeting the requirment.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #240 on: Sep 28, 2009, 04:21 »
Isnt that supposed to be 6 & 1, then 5 & 2?  8)
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

whosez

« Reply #241 on: Sep 28, 2009, 08:05 »
You know people from Tennessee can't count past 10.

Offline Hollywood

• Very Lite User
« Reply #242 on: Oct 20, 2009, 03:40 »
I have posted my resume and been watching/looking for openings on the TVA web site(and Nukeworker), job searcher for positions open at either Watts bar or Sequoyah but I am seeing nothing. I am seeking employment with one of these plants or any nuclear related job in Eastern Tennessee. I was hoping that there might be another way to get in contact with whoever does the Hiring for these plants. I just thought it would be a little bit easier to get a Nuc related job after doing your time in the Nuc navy, if anyone has any more information or advice that isnt already posted, it would be much appreciated.

I am btw talking to three different head hunting agencies, but there telling me that there isnt much in Tennessee right now..

-Jeff

Fermi2

« Reply #243 on: Oct 20, 2009, 04:27 »
I have posted my resume and been watching/looking for openings on the TVA web site(and Nukeworker), job searcher for positions open at either Watts bar or Sequoyah but I am seeing nothing. I am seeking employment with one of these plants or any nuclear related job in Eastern Tennessee. I was hoping that there might be another way to get in contact with whoever does the Hiring for these plants. I just thought it would be a little bit easier to get a Nuc related job after doing your time in the Nuc navy, if anyone has any more information or advice that isnt already posted, it would be much appreciated.

I am btw talking to three different head hunting agencies, but there telling me that there isnt much in Tennessee right now..

-Jeff

No you can't get an "in". You haven't operated a real reactor yet, you have the equivalent experience of a janitor as all you've operated is a startup source. Right now nearly every classroom at most TVA facilities are packed with trainees. Keep checking the website. Your lack of real experience doesn't set you apart enough to bypass applying on the website. The way we hire in personnel is gleening resumes submitted to www.tva.gov.

Mike

Offline Neutron_Herder

• SRO / STA
  • Moderate User
« Reply #244 on: Oct 20, 2009, 04:32 »
Jeff,

They only hire through their website, so just keep an eye out and jump if you see something you like.  Sometimes the jobs on there don't stay open very long, so check often.  TVA doesn't work with headhunters.  They don't need to.

Be patient and something will show up...  Then be patient some more!  If you search around, Broadzilla posted a good summary a while back (2006) of how the hiring process goes.  There's nothing quick about the government!!

Good luck!

Jay
"If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking" - Gen. George S. Patton

jowlman

« Reply #245 on: Oct 20, 2009, 04:58 »
Jeff,

You don't go into your background, so its hard to tell. If you are an ex ELT, there is nuclear work to be had in Oak Ridge right now. Not quite Tennessee, but Bartlett call me just this weekend to ask me if I was interested in work in Padukah,Ky. There is also NSF and Studsvic in the Elizabethton area. I hope that this gives you a few more ideas.

Fred

Offline LOKI RAD

• Light User
  • Don't Lie To Me Again!
« Reply #246 on: Oct 02, 2010, 03:44 »
The word is down here is that the Bar has loaded up on techs and is still hiring. New management, new supervision and a whole new perspective on things and such.

And oneday, their gonna have 2 Units!

O' Keeler got them ship shape these days! :P

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
« Reply #247 on: Oct 04, 2010, 02:28 »
"New management, new supervision and a whole new perspective on things and such. "  I suppose it just depends on your own perspective.  They are hiring a bunch lately.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
« Reply #248 on: Feb 01, 2011, 12:51 »
Watts going on at the Bar?  Unit 2 in trouble?  Noticed a "changing of the realm" with the restart managers.

Fermi2

« Reply #249 on: Feb 01, 2011, 01:27 »
I heard about this. I need to get my shoulder straightened out so I can get back to work. I'm missing all the good stuff!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?