Watts Bar

Above Average
23 (44.2%)
Average
16 (30.8%)
Below Average
13 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Watts Bar  (Read 269348 times)

Offline Bleyse

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Watts Bar
« Reply #250 on: Feb 01, 2011, 07:00 »
It didn't have anything to do with Watts Bar.  He had personal issues.

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
  • Don't worry about the mule just load the wagon!
« Reply #251 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:27 »
I heard about this. I need to get my shoulder straightened out so I can get back to work. I'm missing all the good stuff!
  Take care of yourself Bru!  Get that cuff fixed up.  I don't know if you were here back then but he had to leave our site for personal reasons.  I believe most everyone liked him, it was unfortunate...
I used to be a lifeguard until some blue kid got me fired.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #252 on: Feb 02, 2011, 03:40 »
I heard about this. I need to get my shoulder straightened out so I can get back to work. I'm missing all the good stuff!

Had my rotator cuff repaired last summer - best advice I can give you - don't scrimp on the physical therapy - I got 95+% of the pre-injury range of motion back, strength coming along.

Good luck, it's not fun.

Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Fermi2

« Reply #253 on: Feb 08, 2011, 10:51 »
Thank you guys! My surgery is Friday afternoon. They're going to reattach two tendons, clean some bone fragments out, and repair a tear in the cuff.
The doctor said I'll be away from work a minimum of 6 weeks. When he said that I was pleased because I thought I'd be able to be returned to duty by then. He laughed and said you don't understand, you'll be AT HOME and AT THERAPY for those 6 weeks there's no work allowed at all.

Whether I get full range of motion back or not, I simply want the pain to go away. He's certain he can make my shoulder look like a shoulder again.

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #254 on: Feb 08, 2011, 11:24 »
Thank you guys! My surgery is Friday afternoon. They're going to reattach two tendons, clean some bone fragments out, and repair a tear in the cuff.
The doctor said I'll be away from work a minimum of 6 weeks. When he said that I was pleased because I thought I'd be able to be returned to duty by then. He laughed and said you don't understand, you'll be AT HOME and AT THERAPY for those 6 weeks there's no work allowed at all.

Whether I get full range of motion back or not, I simply want the pain to go away. He's certain he can make my shoulder look like a shoulder again.

I'm sure all here will be have you in their prayers!  My oldest son went through it and has not had a problem since (or at least not that he is talking about).

Do all that they tell you (even though it hurts a little and you are afraid of reinjury) and as much as the therapist will let you.  Return to service ASAP!
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #255 on: Feb 09, 2011, 08:23 »
Best of luck Mike for a full recovery.
LM

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #256 on: Feb 09, 2011, 11:57 »

Light bulb!!!!!

Broadzilla is really a member of the Borg

He is single minded and relentless on the Forum.

He assimilates young men into operations.

He is going in for more modifications and improvements.

I'm just sayin'....

Good luck Mike, I hope you have a quick recovery.

Marlin
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2011, 11:59 by Marlin »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #257 on: Feb 09, 2011, 12:42 »
It was from BZ's overuse of the rocket launcher on the poor nublets:

MacGyver

« Reply #258 on: Feb 09, 2011, 02:45 »

It was from BZ's overuse of the rocket launcher on the poor nublets:

Or, maybe he was "typing angry" ... kind of like this:

Good luck on the surgery.  Hope it all turns out good for you BZ.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2011, 07:35 by MacGyver »

andrewnavy

« Reply #259 on: Feb 15, 2011, 12:06 »
For those who would like to know how long it takes for TVA to call about an application, for me it was 4 months.  I got a call yesterday for a job that I had to look up to remember how long ago it was posted.  Well fingers crossed on that interview working out.
 :-X
andrewnavy

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #260 on: Feb 15, 2011, 12:40 »
For those who would like to know how long it takes for TVA to call about an application, for me it was 4 months.  I got a call yesterday for a job that I had to look up to remember how long ago it was posted.  Well fingers crossed on that interview working out.
 :-X
andrewnavy

Good luck.

nuclear2010

« Reply #261 on: Feb 15, 2011, 04:49 »
GOOD LUCK at your interview!!

andrewnavy

« Reply #262 on: Feb 15, 2011, 07:53 »
Thanks, I will see how it goes.

Offline wingnut

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #263 on: Oct 19, 2011, 02:37 »
Not all is well. 800 pink sllipped from U2.  TVA replacing Bechtel in many areas.

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #264 on: Oct 19, 2011, 03:21 »
Not all is well. 800 pink sllipped from U2.  TVA replacing Bechtel in many areas.

Thanks good catch.

In recent months, the Watts Barr Unit 2 project has been plagued with controversy.

In January, TVA fired project manager Masoud Bajestani was fired after allegedly sending more than $600,000 to Iran.

In March, an electrical inspector was indicted for falsifying inspection reports. A second contractor was indicted in September for the same reason.

In July, a scathing report released by the Nuclear Regulation Commission slammed both Watts Bar 1 and 2 for numerous safety violations.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/15730703/tva-to-lay-off-800-at-watts-bar-project

Offline Bleyse

• Moderate User
« Reply #265 on: Oct 20, 2011, 02:27 »

And yet, somehow, in spite of this, there are 3 ILT classes going as well as interviews for the next SGPO class this week.

That's just operations....  I can't speak for the other craft departments.

Maybe house jobs are the way to go...

Offline wingnut

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #266 on: Oct 22, 2011, 11:58 »
To those enroute out it was explained that the budget had shrunk. While Unit 1 keeps on makng megawatts, the Unit 2 side had not lived up to expectatons on both progress and budget. Goals and system turnovers kept moving--away from schedule.  Constructon work always entails layoffs as progress/management change is made, hence 600 craft workers going home. The 200 non-manual folks is another thing.  To put it in perspective: Your Quick Lube job takes days. And they're not done yet.

wlrun3@aol.com

« Reply #267 on: Oct 22, 2011, 03:16 »

What is the consensus on the much anticipated start of Watts Bar Unit 2.

Fermi2

« Reply #268 on: Oct 22, 2011, 03:42 »

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO
« Reply #269 on: Oct 23, 2011, 08:37 »
My money's on 2014, but I'm naturally pessimistic about construction schedules after my shipyard tour.

Offline LOKI RAD

• Light User
  • Don't Lie To Me Again!
« Reply #270 on: Dec 05, 2011, 11:10 »
I hear my old bunk mate Warren "The Woliverene" is @ the BAR, tell him I am still looking for the $$$$$$ he owes me!  >:(
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2011, 11:13 by LOKI RAD »

Offline LOKI RAD

• Light User
  • Don't Lie To Me Again!
« Reply #271 on: Aug 16, 2012, 09:37 »
Well, as an Atlantic Die Hard Tech, I was very surprised to find out the "Double Secret Probation" list had been dusted off - with an offer to do the upcoming WBN Outage!

So, I made some phones calls to see if I should backout of my Salem Outage and............

All is not good in the Tennessee Valley, I was told the "Watts Bar Black Plague Outage" starts in 3 weeks, and your supposed to avoid the plague; right???? :D

The Bar is 31 RP Techs short (out of 55) and they are currently almost out of control, and certain to not staff the outage, up against the Sequoyah SGRP.

You were warned! -K

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #272 on: Jun 20, 2014, 07:58 »
We are so negligent around here anymore,...

Happy Birthday Watts Bar!!!!

The USA's youngest commercial nuclear power generating plant is old enough to vote this year!!!!

Watt's Bar turned 18YO on May 27, 2014,...

Welcome to the grown up's world, there are no minors left in the US of A's commercial nuclear family,... 8)
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2014, 08:01 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #273 on: Jun 20, 2014, 08:03 »
What is the consensus on the much anticipated start of Watts Bar Unit 2.

2015?

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?