Watts Bar

Above Average
23 (44.2%)
Average
16 (30.8%)
Below Average
13 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Watts Bar  (Read 269336 times)

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
Re: Watts Bar
« Reply #25 on: Mar 16, 2006, 11:23 »
Besides, TVA ill be here when we are all a wheel chair grandpa. How many cycles at SQN without per diem? And when they finally break down, they put in a clause that >60 days and you still dont get it (TVA). On top of that, they steal all your holidays away from us(no pay).

The best thing is for them to not raise the rate or give per diem, and every road tech goes somewhere to make some real money. The SGRP last 9 months, the local techs make a fortune, the road techs make their money (tax free) and the only people who get the shaft (for a change) is maybe the utility.

The beauty of our job is we can go where we want. If you dont want to goto Watts Bar, then dont; if you want to go, you can be there Monday. Either way, you do what makes you happy and feeds your family. There is no reason to goto WBN and lower the Radcon IQ average, unless you got nothing else to do. 8)
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2006, 12:16 by Rennhack »
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

LaFeet

« Reply #26 on: Mar 17, 2006, 04:00 »
The beauty of our job is we can go where we want. If you dont want to goto Watts Bar, then dont; if you want to go, you can be there Monday. Either way, you do what makes you happy and feeds your family. There is no reason to goto WBN and lower the Radcon IQ average, unless you got nothing else to do. 8)

Praise the Lord.....

RADBASTARD

« Reply #27 on: Mar 17, 2006, 04:49 »
Besides, TVA ill be here when we are all a wheel chair grandpa. How many cycles at SQN without per diem? And when they finally break down, they put in a clause that >60 days and you still dont get it (TVA). On top of that, they steal all your holidays away from us(no pay).

The best thing is for them to not raise the rate or give per diem, and every road tech goes somewhere to make some real money. The SGRP last 9 months, the local techs make a fortune, the road techs make their money (tax free) and the only people who get the shaft (for a change) is maybe the utility.

Dream TARHEEL, I think anybody who falls for the TVA crap money and goes there,THEY SHOULD STOP DRINKING THE KOOL AID.
Jim Jones once ran a scam like that and everybody drank the Kool Aid because he said too and died!
Going to watts barr the have got to be selling the people some good shit to go there and fall for the crap their selling?
I would love to have a list of who goes there so everybody will know and we can all laugh at them.
I can understand the locals to a point but travelers who go there are idiots.
Their sending our wages back to the stone age or at least the 1980's
If I want to see the 80's again I'll watch VH1
PEACE OUT
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2006, 04:52 by RadBastard »

LaFeet

« Reply #28 on: Mar 17, 2006, 04:50 »
Dream TARHEEL, I think any body who falls for the TVA crap money and goes there,THEY SHOULD STOP DRINKING THE COOL AID.
Jim Jones once ran a scam like that and everybody drank the cool aid because he said too and died!
Going to watts barr the have got to be selling the people some good shit to go there and fall for the crap their selling?
I would love to have a list of who goes there so everybody will know and we can all laugh at them.
I can understand the locals to a point but travelers who go there are idiots.Their sending our wages back to the stone age or at least the 1980's
PEACE OUT

Gotcha again

RADBASTARD

« Reply #29 on: Mar 17, 2006, 05:03 »
I did hear that they were giving everybody for christmas a tube of KY jelly as a stocking stuffer to thank you for coming to their outage.
so they can ease it in.

ageoldtech

« Reply #30 on: Mar 17, 2006, 07:07 »
I received a 55 gallon drum when I got here!

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #31 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:05 »
That's all good stuff. You guys should take your comedy routine on the road. You would probably make more money!!

Anyway, the technicians coming in right now and recently, what company or companies are they coming in to work for?

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #32 on: Mar 17, 2006, 02:52 »
I can understand the locals to a point but travelers who go there are idiots.
Their sending our wages back to the stone age or at least the 1980's
PEACE OUT

There is no point to understand where the locals are concerned. How stupid to you have to be to travel 1000 miles and have extra expenses, if that's not what you want to do. If you have kids, and some do, working at home is the right thing to do if you can.

But again, I agree, the travelers should just stay away, it's the only thing that makes sense. Make them WBN house techs do something, like everything! Someone be sure to post the pictures for each of the Christmas Parties at the SGRP.
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2006, 02:59 by Dream Tarheel »

LaFeet

« Reply #33 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:08 »
Ya gotta do whatch gotta do  ;D

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #34 on: Mar 17, 2006, 11:09 »
Some union boys would do something similar to this; they would get a list of all the scabs, and beat the crap out of them.  It’s not very civilized, but it sure is effective.

That's kinda funny.
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2006, 11:11 by Dream Tarheel »

duke99301

« Reply #35 on: Mar 18, 2006, 03:26 »
I was there and loved it 40 an hour and 85 a day last years outage good gig ran into a lot of guys I had not seen snice Oconne's SGRP.
anyways very nice place to work pleasent drive and Nice people at the plant .
If it was not for the good gig I got now I be there!

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #36 on: Mar 18, 2006, 11:50 »
O'yea, rumor is if they can't staff by 8-15-06, it's gonna go up to 33.43/hr and 16.75 aday. 8)

LaFeet

« Reply #37 on: Mar 19, 2006, 02:08 »
I think I will skip that outage in favor of another, even with the bump in pay - if it happens

Offline TN-Man

• Light User
  • It's not the ending that matters..It's the journey
« Reply #38 on: Mar 20, 2006, 01:12 »
Despite all the talk on here I took the job. I start 4/3. A summer of 40's is better than being laid off, like I am looking at here at ORNL. There is not much of a future here and the $29.00/hr is $.85 more on the hour. Besides I am ready to work indoors again. I'll post how it is. I hear the folks there are good to work with. So don't send the union or the mafia to beat me up. I have a kid on the way this summer and need to feed him and his Mama.
Sometimes I look back on my life and think I could have had to work for a living. Thank God, I'm an HP.

ageoldtech

« Reply #39 on: Mar 20, 2006, 03:12 »
Glad to hear, we need all the help we can get.

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #40 on: Mar 20, 2006, 05:54 »
hey TN man

If worried bout the mafia FUGETABOUDIT...Just have L ot T start your car

good luck and keep in touch

bada bing   ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2006, 05:55 by stirfry »
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

foreverajr

« Reply #41 on: Mar 21, 2006, 01:48 »
Watts Bar truly is a great place to work.  It is a place where they still expect you do to things correctly, even though you may be used to the "slap it back together and we'll see how long it lasts" mentality from other nuclear facilities.  The house techs, and the returnee road techs that come in, are awesome.  The area isn't that expensive, it's beautiful and to tell the truth, there isn't a better place to be in the summer time than Watts Bar Lake.  The payrate isn't quite as high as other plants, but then again, there is something to be said about not dreading the beginning of your shift.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #42 on: Mar 21, 2006, 06:57 »
Despite all the talk on here I took the job. I start 4/3. A summer of 40's is better than being laid off, like I am looking at here at ORNL. There is not much of a future here and the $29.00/hr is $.85 more on the hour. Besides I am ready to work indoors again. I'll post how it is. I hear the folks there are good to work with. So don't send the union or the mafia to beat me up. I have a kid on the way this summer and need to feed him and his Mama.
TN-MAN
We won't have to beat you up.
You working for those wages is puinshment enough.If your local I can't hate u to much,but if u are a traveler you have got to be crazy.You can make more on unemployment and sitting at the house then working 40's with double the expences.You'll be working for free then.
God bless you
There's more money to be made out there.
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2006, 09:48 by RadBastard »

RedNeckRadcon

« Reply #43 on: Mar 21, 2006, 07:54 »
TN-MAN
We won't have to beat you up.
You working for those wages is puinshment enough.If your local I can't hate u to much,but if u are a traveler you have got to be crazy.You can make more on unemployment and sitting at the house then working 40's with double the expences.That's why Lincoln freed the slaves.You'll be working for free then.
God bless you
There's more money to be made out there.

I dont know what you are talking about.. I was able to make in the 90s last year working for TVA and was able to write off the lack of PD at a rate of 100 per day. (I would say not bad for a Slave)

After Taxes that comes out to $29 per hr and 100 a day DM.  (With a very nice Check at the end of the Year)

You can travel around the contry doing 5 or 6 outages if you want, I will gust stay here in Tennessee and get all there money that I can.

PS If any one out there don't want to come to tennessee to work for punishing wages, for gods sake please do us and your self a favor and go some were else.

PSS It is a lot warmer here in Tennessee than say New Jersey or PA, and a heck of a lot better to look at to.
 ;D

LaFeet

« Reply #44 on: Mar 22, 2006, 12:47 »
Did you work all year long? at 40 hours a week?

If so, then thats 45 $/hour

If you worked 50 weeks and totaled 3000 hours, then that would be 30 $/hour

illegalsmile

« Reply #45 on: Mar 22, 2006, 06:44 »
I'm sittin' here on the shores of Lake Erie, hatin' life, and the people who told me this was the only opening they had (I'll let you guess who that might B). If y'all can tell me how to get to Tennessee to work, please do so.
I spent 8 mos at Oak Ridge and my neck still hurts from snappin' it around checkin' out the cuties in Knoxville....and they are mostly attitude-free.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #46 on: Mar 22, 2006, 07:08 »
I dont know what you are talking about.. I was able to make in the 90s last year working for TVA and was able to write off the lack of PD at a rate of 100 per day. (I would say not bad for a Slave)

After Taxes that comes out to $29 per hr and 100 a day DM.  (With a very nice Check at the end of the Year)

You can travel around the contry doing 5 or 6 outages if you want, I will gust stay here in Tennessee and get all there money that I can.

PS If any one out there don't want to come to tennessee to work for punishing wages, for gods sake please do us and your self a favor and go some were else.

PSS It is a lot warmer here in Tennessee than say New Jersey or PA, and a heck of a lot better to look at to.
 ;D

I hope you have receipts for that $100/day.  The idea that you can write off  a deduction for per diem you didn't get is an urban myth that has landed a lot of roadies in a vat of boiling water with the IRS.
If you work nowhere else, you can't write anything off anyway, per-diem or not.  I realize that it is impossible to get an HP to do something as silly as this, but try reading the actual rules on this.  The IRS will send you a copy for free, or you can get it at www.irs.gov.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #47 on: Mar 22, 2006, 07:13 »
I hope you have receipts for that $100/day.  The idea that you can write off  a deduction for per diem you didn't get is an urban myth that has landed a lot of roadies in a vat of boiling water with the IRS.
If you work nowhere else, you can't write anything off anyway, per-diem or not.  I realize that it is impossible to get an HP to do something as silly as this, but try reading the actual rules on this.  The IRS will send you a copy for free, or you can get it at www.irs.gov.

Troy is right.  We've both been telling people this for years.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #48 on: Mar 22, 2006, 07:48 »
Did you work all year long? at 40 hours a week?

If so, then thats 45 $/hour

If you worked 50 weeks and totaled 3000 hours, then that would be 30 $/hour

If you work 16 weeks of 84 hrs per week at $29/hour, that's $49184.  If you worked the remaining 36 weeks at 40 hrs/week, that's $41760.  That totals to $90944.

So, it is possible (theoretically) to make "in the 90's", from working only TVA.  Maybe RedneckRadCon is a local favorite who never gets a layoff.  It happens sometimes.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

LaFeet

« Reply #49 on: Mar 22, 2006, 04:58 »
Okay I can see that happening

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?