Watts Bar

Above Average
23 (44.2%)
Average
16 (30.8%)
Below Average
13 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Watts Bar  (Read 269352 times)

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
Re: Watts Bar
« Reply #50 on: Mar 22, 2006, 07:24 »
Besides I am ready to work indoors again.

FYI, it was aweful cold this morning with that wind blowing, but my frisker didnt freeze up once, just so you dont get that big surprise they forgot to tell you about.
« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2006, 07:26 by Dream Tarheel »
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

RADBASTARD

« Reply #51 on: Mar 22, 2006, 07:53 »
BEERCOURT ,
I would like to know how anybody gets to work 16 weeks of outage at TVA ,there short?
Also where they get to work 84 hours a week at TVA???
You make a good case but in the real world of hp they numbers don't crunch up right.
He is one really lucky HP

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #52 on: Mar 22, 2006, 08:42 »
Heck, I dunno.  How many units do they have?  I was just trying to come up with a scenario that was possible.  I never offered my opinion as to whether or not it was likely.
I find that most HP's exaggerate their annual incomes, usually by counting every dollar of per diem as a buck and a half of income and neglecting to subtract all those hotel and travel expenses.
I figure a contract HP in a good year makes between 50 - 60 grand, plus another 5k - 9k in "unspent" per diem.  Add on another 12 - 14 large for unemployment, and you wind up with a total in the neighborhood of $75,000.  Anybody who says he made more than that is probably stretching it a bit.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #53 on: Mar 22, 2006, 09:36 »
I agree with beer, but there are a few exceptions, I think.  Couples that get a years worth of work somewhere who own RVs and get a fairly big payrate plus decent diem probably come close to hitting or topping 100k each. The exception and not the rule.  Maybe it was Rocky Flats or some place where people were banking big dollars for wearing respirators and working 72-84 hours a week??  I dunno, but seems possible if the stars align correctly.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #54 on: Mar 22, 2006, 11:12 »
Heck, I dunno.  How many units do they have?  I was just trying to come up with a scenario that was possible.  I never offered my opinion as to whether or not it was likely.
I find that most HP's exaggerate their annual incomes, usually by counting every dollar of per diem as a buck and a half of income and neglecting to subtract all those hotel and travel expenses.
I figure a contract HP in a good year makes between 50 - 60 grand, plus another 5k - 9k in "unspent" per diem.  Add on another 12 - 14 large for unemployment, and you wind up with a total in the neighborhood of $75,000.  Anybody who says he made more than that is probably stretching it a bit.
BEERCOURT AMEN MY BROTHER! You hit the nail on the head.That money sounds about right you said with wages,diem,unenjoyment
Usally when an hp tells you something about money it's a half truth.Then of that 1/2 only believe 1/2 of that.
RADBASTARD

Offline TN-Man

• Light User
  • It's not the ending that matters..It's the journey
« Reply #55 on: Mar 23, 2006, 11:44 »
FYI, it was aweful cold this morning with that wind blowing, but my frisker didnt freeze up once, just so you dont get that big surprise they forgot to tell you about.

Does this mean we are doing tool decon outside??

RadBastard,
Yes I am local....
Sometimes I look back on my life and think I could have had to work for a living. Thank God, I'm an HP.

ageoldtech

« Reply #56 on: Mar 23, 2006, 01:40 »
TN-Man, were doing some outside frisking on some material that came from other utilities, "a clean sweep project". We should be about finished by the time to you get trained. For tool decon, we have a new decon building, I just set up a PM-7 and a PCM-2 in there this morning.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #57 on: Mar 23, 2006, 07:24 »
Does this mean we are doing tool decon outside??

RadBastard,
Yes I am local....

Tn-man ,
That's cool your a local.
I can understand people who are local that work there with family close.

It's travelers that go when they can make alot more money elsewhere than at those wages.
If nobody but the locals put in and it was hard to staff,they may have to raise the wages to get people to come,not this nickle dime BS.
This would benifit all in the future,It's common sence.
Although common sence in this bizz is out the window.
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2006, 05:49 by Rennhack »

RADBASTARD

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2006, 03:46 »
Well ,I like to think all of our slamming and bad mouthing of watts bar about the messed up per diem situation paid off.

The few of us who took it in our hands to stir the pot,hamsamich,lafeet to say a few, paid off for everyone out there.

We caught alot of grief from people,but if no one took it in their hands we may still be getting no diem or $1250 a month then it's taxed.

We can effect change out there if we stick together.

your comrade in arms
RADBASTARD
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 03:49 by RadBastard »

Industry_event

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2006, 07:27 »
BRAVO RAD BASTARD,
IF WE DID NOT STICK TOGETHER WE ALL WOULD STILL BE GETTING $25 HR.
WE STUCK TOGETHER AND GOT A $4 HR RAISE.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2006, 08:38 »
Industry Event,

Thanks for posting. Please try not to use all caps though. It is the internet equivalent of shouting at someone, besides it's against the forum rules. I know you didn't mean to shout, even though you are happy ;)

Thanks again for posting, and please keep doing so ;D
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2006, 08:08 »
I guess personal sensorship is alive and well on this site.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2006, 09:24 »
No it isn't.  The posts you're looking for have been moved to Talk About Bartlett.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2006, 09:52 »
Thanks Beercourt, I stand corrected.

8)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2006, 12:16 »
No it isn't.  The posts you're looking for have been moved to Talk About Bartlett.

Darnit! I was hoping to keep the mirage of repression and despotism going for a few more days at least.... ;)

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #65 on: Jun 02, 2006, 06:23 »
The SGRP started Tuesday, summer work!

And big brother is watching and reading, guess we got sold out for 30 pieces of silver. 8)

Foxy Silver

« Reply #66 on: Jun 12, 2006, 02:47 »
Just in case your on your way to WBN, here is the latest.............

All Techs are required to pass an S3-S4 physical and a respirator fit, I guess the rubber sucking days are back, for this outage anyway.

Buyer Beware!

ageoldtech

« Reply #67 on: Jun 12, 2006, 03:53 »
Techs are required to pass a Physical not necessarily a S3 or S4.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #68 on: Jun 13, 2006, 10:46 »
Techs are required to pass a Physical not necessarily a S3 or S4.
During the SQN SGRP they wanted as many as possible for flexibility....

Prepare to be flexible!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

foreverajr

« Reply #69 on: Jun 13, 2006, 11:54 »
I didn't realize that it was the SGRP that started.  I was under the impression that Watts Bar was shut down due to problems with the turbine.  I heard it was going to be a 21 day outage for repair.  Did you mean that they were bringing in Techs now in preparation for the SGRP this fall?

ageoldtech

« Reply #70 on: Jun 13, 2006, 04:27 »
The SGR has not started, and is still scheduled for 09/11/06. The forced outage should last about 19 days. Yes we are bringing in technicians now in preparation for the SGR.

Foxy Silver

« Reply #71 on: Jun 13, 2006, 06:12 »
Hey OldTech, Do you even work for Bartlett, or do you just know everything?

ageoldtech

« Reply #72 on: Jun 14, 2006, 06:23 »
Silver, It doesn’t say Bartlett on my pay check, But I am here none the less.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #73 on: Jun 15, 2006, 05:07 »
Hey Bone call me!
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

foreverajr

« Reply #74 on: Jul 13, 2006, 01:39 »
I was just wondering if anyone else was having trouble getting into Watts Bar for the SGRP.  A friend of mine confirmed her position at Watts Bar months ago.  She called Bartlett because her hire-in date is rapidly approaching and she hadn't recieved a in-processing package yet.  Bartlett then informed her that they had given her spot away....didn't call to tell her, or anything.  Does this happen a lot or is it just Watts Bar?  I don't understand.  I was never treated like that by Bartlett back in the day.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?