Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu made it, almost. honeypot

Author Topic: made it, almost.  (Read 4917 times)

Offline smoothtoaster

• Light User
made it, almost.
« on: Jan 06, 2007, 10:00 »
I made it through boot camp (graduated yesterday, hall of fame division 033). Now I am on hold waiting for a seat to open up at EM A-school. Odd thing happened with rate selection, three people in my division requested MM and were given EM. to my knowledge, that is vey unusual; however, I am perfectly satisfied being picked for EM, at least I am not an ET. I don't know how long I am going to be on hold, but I hope I get out of here soon. It sucks to graduate from boot camp and then find out you still have to sit here for a few more weeks.

--------------------------
smoothtoaster

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: made it, almost.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2007, 12:04 »
Regardless of your rating, learn whatever you can, whenever you can.... even though I was an EM , my most rewarding (and bizarre) work and job offers have come from radiological services and non-nuke water chemistry. It's like a box of chocolates...

Fair Winds and Following Seas!

Offline smoothtoaster

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2007, 06:18 »
I dont really mind waiting. The reason it is bad is that I am technically still in recruit status. Which means I have zero privaleges. But it isnt that bad. hurry up and wait.

-------------------
smoothtoaster

Rifleman

« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2007, 04:30 »
I propose your definition of what "sucks" will drastically have changed by that point in your life,.....
good luck 'toaster,...

Normal tuesday duty day with the shutdown 1800 to 2400 watch, oh dark 30 start up watch on discharge station, feed pumps manuvering watch, set section 3 normal underway watch.. hey that's me... my watch must be busted, cuz if it was correct that means I've been on watch/duty for 31 hours straight....

hummm, that sucks.
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2007, 04:33 by Rifleman »

Nuke ET

« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2007, 10:12 »
For EM's the last course of A school (Equip) is easier than the ET's (I&CE) course.  Both rates have an A School of 24 weeks.  MM's have a 12 or 14 week A School.  MM A school is a lot easier than the ET and EM A school. 

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2007, 08:05 »
Regardless of your rating, learn whatever you can, whenever you can.... even though I was an EM , my most rewarding (and bizarre) work and job offers have come from radiological services and non-nuke water chemistry. It's like a box of chocolates...

The EMs I worked with had a wide range of opportunities when they got out. Many electricians don't want to mess with complex circuits, such as cranes. Former Nuke EMs have been the best at crane maintenance because they aren't intimidated by complexity.

And thank you for your service.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?