Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Hello Civlant!  

Author Topic: Hello Civlant!  (Read 4814 times)

RCTforsha

Hello Civlant!
« on: Jan 08, 2007, 10:40 »
Was wondering if anyone lives in the Oak Ridge, Tenn area and could give me any info on good area's to live.  I am tired of sweating just to get my mail, never could adjust to southern summers.  Will be moving after kids are out of school.  All good area info will be compensated for when i get there and get settled in. 

I am currently in the Navy as an RCT at Kings Bay, GA,  being discharged for Flat Feet of all things after 12 Years of service.  Hope to start my civilian RCT career in late Febuary.

jowlman

Re: Hello Civlant!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2007, 04:33 »
I worked in Oak Ridge for a year and a half about a year ago. Oak Ridge it self has somw fairly reasonable real estate prices, a good choice of chain restaurants and a small mall with a Walmart. For more money and more to do, look toward West Knoxville. Your commute will be in the 30 minute range depending on which site in Oak Ridge that you work. Just remember K-25 is a decommissioning so working there is working yourself out of a job and at any site the money can drop in a heartbeat if the government decides to send it eslewhere.I hope this helps.
Good Luck......Fred

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2007, 10:59 »
Oak Ridge isn't too far from TVA's Watts Bar. Consider TVA as well, since Watts Bar could be hiring more (finishing WBN2) in the next couple of years.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2007, 02:50 »
Due to a continuing referendum in congress money for new projects has dried up possibly until the end of the fiscal year (August) here at Oakridge. They can still fill some previously approved projects and postions but there are a lot more people than jobs here at this time. Look again in the fall and good luck.

LaFeet

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 05:58 »
Hey RCTforsha,  who was the RADCON training officer there at ol TRF???

visserjr

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 07:52 »
I too was medically retired from The Retirement Fascility King's Bay. Tell you what man best of luck. Life is much better in CIVLANT than ot was for you guys over in the CIF.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?