Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu What more can he do at "A" School honeypot

Author Topic: What more can he do at "A" School  (Read 30458 times)

Cycoticpenguin

Re: What more can he do at "A" School
« Reply #25 on: Mar 02, 2007, 12:16 »
Nothing could 'Prevent' us Ole' Timers....

Ole' Timers.....you know I just gave you some karma for being more controlled.....

hmmmmmmmm me thinks your going back on double secret probation C'Penguin.   :P

haha :) I was kidding :-D 

Seriously though, is "Prevent" a newer thing? For the "kinder, gentler" Navy of today? :)

Fermi2

« Reply #26 on: Mar 02, 2007, 11:47 »
My guess it's similar to the training they used to me suspected alcoholics a take. In todays military I think they make everyone do take it.

Mike

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
  • Don't worry about the mule just load the wagon!
« Reply #27 on: Mar 02, 2007, 12:06 »
I have 'never' heard of "prevent".

Just browsing through military.com, the term "prevent" referenced suggested it was some sort of suicide prevention training program or 'ACT' for LDO's, CPO's, and Jr. O's for Navy personnel. 
I used to be a lifeguard until some blue kid got me fired.

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
« Reply #28 on: Mar 02, 2007, 12:09 »
No, I went to "the fleet" to learn how "real sailors" were supposed to do it prior to NPS.

Mike
"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #29 on: Mar 02, 2007, 12:50 »
Wow guess its new then lol

Every 3rd class and 2nd class potential has to take a class called "Prevent". Its basically a social awareness class. Waste of time in my opinion, but I guess they give it out for reason! Its a mixed class of your peers, and an instructor who guides you through your decision making skills and self affirmation. Its on par with a high school home economics and health class. Nothing to do with alchoholics.

navytwinmom

« Reply #30 on: Mar 02, 2007, 01:42 »
so it is a class to "prevent" you from making stupid decisions and getting your butt kicked....by someone else or your mom!! I will have to ask the boys about it.

FYI EM passed his final. Just have to get though Monday. I should know about comp by lunch time my time.....I will keep you all posted.

C'Penguiun when were you in NNPTC? Where are you now?

Fermi2

« Reply #31 on: Mar 02, 2007, 02:28 »
So it's basically one of those touchy feely Kumbaya classes?
Ok I feel sorry for you having to attend it!

Mike

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #32 on: Mar 02, 2007, 08:47 »
so it is a class to "prevent" you from making stupid decisions and getting your butt kicked....by someone else or your mom!! I will have to ask the boys about it.

FYI EM passed his final. Just have to get though Monday. I should know about comp by lunch time my time.....I will keep you all posted.

C'Penguiun when were you in NNPTC? Where are you now?

I graduate POWER school in 3 weeks :)  Give my regards to your sons, and hope they do well on sunday!

by the way, what is your last name :-p Im curious about the twins running around in A school haha

Offline Bighouz107501

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #33 on: Mar 03, 2007, 04:32 »
Navytwinmom,

Congradulations to your sons and yourself as well. I know how proud you must be of your kids. Trust me I know how thankful they are to have you. My mother is the same way you are when it comes to schooling. To be honest it's a great thing to have a mother to be there at all times... Not many people here have that kind of relationship with their parents. Their success only shows what a fine job you have done raising your children. Like I said before I know you are extremely pround of them...but remember I am willing to bet they are even more proud of you for giving them confidence in all that they do.

Hope all is well with graduation for your boys. Tell them to enjoy leave, T-Track, and Prevent...once they start power school their life as they know it will be gone due to school.

Have a safe trip here to SC,
Dennis

navytwinmom

« Reply #34 on: Mar 03, 2007, 12:59 »
Thanks BigH

We are very proud. The boys worked really hard to get to were they are and I will always be there so they have a soft place to land.....or is that dock.

Take care

Offline cincinnatinuke

• Chemistry Technician CCNPP
  • Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #35 on: Mar 04, 2007, 08:35 »
NTM,

One of my favorite pictures from my navy days is of my dad holding my first born at my power school graduation.  She was asleep in his arms and the sun was shining and not a cloud in the sky.  It was great to know I shared that moment with my family and for a moment I got to "brag" a little and pretended to be an expert of a particular subject matter.

I do remember my A-school graduation, but I dont remember many family and friends.  It was also indoors and very short from what I can remember.  If you get the opportunity attend it.  At least power school graduation if you can only make one. 

Have fun with your sons on leave and keep them out of ANY and ALL trouble.  Old friends are great but may not share the same values which your sons now possess.

Your kids are lucky to have you.

David

navytwinmom

« Reply #36 on: Mar 04, 2007, 09:08 »
Thanks for the kind words cincinnati....going to go to a school grad on firday...powerschool grad...protype grad if they have one....their first fleet week....and any other excuse to go see them!! Think I am to involved ???

taking g'ma and g'pa to a school grad. they got married in GA and I was born there so we are going to go see the place where that all happened......driving their car back to them when they grad power school. I find myself with some extra cash now that they are gone. Amazing how much it cost to raise them boys.

Take care all

navytwinmom

« Reply #37 on: Mar 05, 2007, 08:04 »
and the winner is...THE US NAVY....they all passed. 23 sailors in all. They lost one before comp and one due to DRUG!!

Take care all!!

navytwinmom

« Reply #38 on: Mar 14, 2007, 07:17 »
hey all. been at NNPTC for a week now and can not get over how young they all look!! guess I am getting olllldddd.

this place is great. according to my sons "prevent" is 21 hours of their lives they will never get back and  nothing more. Health class basically. they take a lot of assesments about their eating, PT habits, other habits and get a life score. there were both average....not so true of course my sons are above average in every way.  :)

well next posts will be about power school for sure.....guess I better start a new thread for that one....or use the seach function (yes BZ I do know how to use it but of course I was not in the Navy)

take care

« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2007, 07:41 by Marlin »

Fermi2

« Reply #39 on: Mar 14, 2007, 08:15 »
LOL,

Even I know better than to take on a proud mother.

Mike

Sirveri

« Reply #40 on: Apr 13, 2007, 11:52 »
Prevent is a required course to take before you can advance to 2nd. It sucks and it's stupid and retarded, but it's a Navy requirement. Sort of like how our 2nd classes have to go to leadership training taught by skimmers when we're on a submarine and we do things differantly than the surface fleet.

LaFeet

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2007, 12:48 »
Careful.... we were all sailors - together, wether surface (yech) or sub (yeah) :o

LaFeet

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2007, 12:49 »
Navytwinmom,

Congradulations for your boys,  and best wishes for them with their future

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?