Plum Brook

Above Average
3 (10.3%)
Average
14 (48.3%)
Below Average
12 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Plum Brook  (Read 121885 times)

duke99301

Re: Plum Brook
« Reply #25 on: Feb 23, 2005, 11:23 »
I left two weeks ago on my own by my choice along with my Boss we both had new jobs before we left and life has been good ever since. better pay and better people to work with out here. Did Joe Tuttle leave yet?

vikingfan

« Reply #26 on: Feb 24, 2005, 06:00 »
yes , joe left last week i think. I didn't get the chance to wish him good luck but maybe he will read this. well to all the folks laid off yesterday good luck and hope run into you somewhere else in the future.

Lucky13

« Reply #27 on: Feb 24, 2005, 07:28 »
 Are things better today ? I heard a report about some different( outside ) groups  making things really hard for the people doing the work.

What I mean by outside groups are people who where hired to do differnt no rad work and have taken it upon themselvs to criticize the rad groups.

hpworker

« Reply #28 on: Feb 24, 2005, 09:57 »
Things are still somber here today, expect it to be this way for a few days yet. There is some oversite here but dont know what you mean by outside groups.

Sandralike

« Reply #29 on: Feb 24, 2005, 01:20 »
The layoff seemed to be one-sided.  Maybe if MWH would reduce their management load things would improve.

duke99301

« Reply #30 on: Feb 25, 2005, 12:04 »
so who got the axe? is toltest stilll there? is Harry still there?
what about the HP lead tech. is she still there? who elese got cut?
is it still a day of palying cards all day and going home?
or is Randy Flowers Group running it all now?

vikingfan

« Reply #31 on: Feb 25, 2005, 07:27 »
Very good point kevin !  really enjoyed working with most of the folks at the brook. don't want to get into a discussion about who got axed and why, but hope everyone has found new employment and hope to some of ya soon !

JJ

ontheroadagain

« Reply #32 on: Feb 25, 2005, 07:38 »
It has been a while since I posted anything here but the events of the last few days warrant a reply.

Wednesday was really a shock to all of us. And I wish everyone luck.
In our travels in this industry we have met and worked with some really great people and the people at the “Brook” are no different. We all have/had a job to perform and we performed it to the best of our ability (at least for those of us who have done this before).
The management team has not made our jobs easy over the course of the project, but every project has its ups and downs this place is no different.

For those of who stayed this round, we are unsure what is going to happen in the next six weeks. We are going through all the building and removing all the equipment and loading them up into sea-land boxes. As many of you are familiar with the rumor mill here, come April we may all be looking for jobs when they lock the gate and say go home. It is a waiting game right now to see which way the cookie will crumble.

As for who is left, not many. The place is a ghost town.  :'(
There are 5 Toltest workers left, 5 FSS (including Randy Fowler) which puts us to a total of 19 Bartlett people including supervisors and engineers. There has never been any lead tech’s for Rad Op’s. Mota (the D&D workers) where cut by 30 or more people so I think there is about that many left again including supervisors.

I wish everyone luck, both those who were let go and those of us who stayed. This is a small world in which we operate and I hope to see you again down the road.

8)

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #33 on: Feb 25, 2005, 10:59 »
Wednesday was a very difficult day.  Some hard decisions were made.  Ihope it's a long time before I see something like that again.
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

duke99301

« Reply #34 on: Feb 25, 2005, 06:42 »
I liked Harry dude. please do not assume,
Bill kirby was the best to work with very good guy. as will as some of the toltest guys I had a lot of fun at the site. and took a lot to the bank. life was good.
I found out insdie stuff a few weeks ago thngs were in the Mill to shut down. a lot of different items going on on the other side of the fence that will never be really be found out untill its to late. like all jobs they come to and end . there is always somehting better out there. you have to go look for it. or make the best of where you are at.

ontheroadagain

« Reply #35 on: Feb 25, 2005, 08:09 »
I agree with all of you 100%
especially you Kevin and JJ.

but for now we will grin :D, and go on....

duke99301

« Reply #36 on: Mar 07, 2005, 11:56 »
so when are the rest of the crew taking off? whats going on this week are they getting ready to shut the site down or what?

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #37 on: Mar 08, 2005, 08:41 »
For the time being work will continue on a reduced work scope through November.  After that it all depends on funding.
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Offline slick1

• Very Lite User
  • Well, well, well.
« Reply #38 on: Apr 27, 2005, 07:22 »
Who's all left at PB?  I'll be back to body count out next week.  What did I miss since I left?

E-mail me in private if you don't want it public.  slick@plantdecommissioning.com

Slick
this space for rent

Blue Heron

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2005, 08:45 »
Well, I am sorry things are rough out there right now, but projects come to a close.  I have to say that 90% of the folks I worked with were great!  Harry and Bill Kirby were/are real strong supervisors and deserve a bit of gratitude to have put up with some of the stuff they have.

I hope ya'll find jobs soon or have stuff lined up shortly.

Sandralike

Plum Brook
« Reply #40 on: Jul 07, 2005, 03:12 »
What's your opinoin on Plum Brook? 

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #41 on: Jul 11, 2005, 04:38 »
Plum Brook is in a stae of flux right now.  It's a wait and see where the dust settles over the next two months.
By the way, Plum Brook is in Region III not Region II.

(Topic moved by moderator to proper location)
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2005, 02:41 by RDTroja »

ramdog_1

« Reply #42 on: Jul 12, 2005, 04:34 »
what a place that was is Joe still there or is he gone?
what a place !!

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #43 on: Jul 12, 2005, 10:24 »
Joe left in Jnauary or early February.  The project is being pretty much closed out for now.  The prime and the subs will all be gone by October 1.

vikingfan

« Reply #44 on: Jul 12, 2005, 12:07 »
Really enjoyed my time there. hope they can get their financing in order and finnish the project. met alot of good folks while working there.

JJ

ramdog_1

« Reply #45 on: Jul 14, 2005, 12:11 »
what about Greg Underwood? where is he now and what is he doing?
and how is rich doing he had the heat attack last fall I heard?
What about HARRY! is he there still?

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #46 on: Jul 14, 2005, 10:22 »
I don't where Greg is now.  Richy is doing fine and Harry is still here.

Blue Heron

« Reply #47 on: Jul 17, 2005, 12:27 »
Underwood is out at Hanford along with Mike Schmoldt. :-\

Offline bsdnuke

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #48 on: Jul 22, 2005, 08:18 »
Latest news from Plum Brook is that they have de-mobed everyone except Argonne and NASA folks.  A few accountant types may still be there as well as the Corps for contract close-out.  No idea as of yet as to what the path forward is.

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #49 on: Jul 22, 2005, 11:34 »
Not quite.  Soil remediation will continue for a few more weeks along with shipping.  Pump out and characterization of the CRA.
We are beggining to close out paperwork and make lists of what's to be turned over to the federal sector.  Bodies will start leaving probably about mid August and trickle down until about October.
What a happy place to be! :D

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?