Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Dale Nutting  

Author Topic: Dale Nutting  (Read 7702 times)

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
Dale Nutting
« on: Jan 15, 2007, 04:59 »
Once again it is with deepest regret that I post on this thread.  I was just informed that Dale Nutting, SHP out of New York, has passed away.  I always found Dale to be a straight shooter, great guy, and excellent tech.  God bless. He will be missed.
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

illegalsmile

Re: Dale Nutting
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2007, 05:19 »
Dale and I shared the same home town where he was active in many communitiy activities including the Volunteer Fire Dept/Ambulance. I haven't seen Dale in a couple of yrs, and now it looks like it'll be a couple more. Certainly bad news. What happened?

Waffleman5000

« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2007, 05:56 »
Dale was a poker buddy.  Matter of fact the last time I saw him, (over the holidays) was at a game, and quite a few of us lost our money to him.  We spent quite abit of the last year and a half around each other, and he will be missed greatly.  West Valley hasn't been the same with out him, and I guess it never will be again. 
One of the last times I spoke with him, he said he was gonna keep fighting the cancer because he did not want to end up a thread on NUKEWORKER.  lol  Well he fought alright, but he still ended up here.
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2007, 05:58 by Waffleman5000 »

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2007, 10:38 »
Could someone tell me more about Dale? Henry and I knew some Nutting's that worked at Robinson back in the 1980's and came here to Barnwell once and worked at Chem Nuclear. I don't remember his first name, but I believe he and his brother both worked in the business. If Dale is related, then he came from a great family. Regardless I will pray for his family and friends.

Offline let-it-ride

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2007, 10:56 »
Dale was not only a poker buddy, but a friend. I knew Dale from the days at Fitz and Nine Mile, plus West Valley.
He was always dependable at work and never left anyone hang. He might seem quiet but had a great sense of humor.
I am sorry that another one of the good guys has left us.
As Dale always said, "Are You Kidding Me!"

illegalsmile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2007, 08:45 »
I don't think Dale ever worked at Barnwell or Robinson. He was a NY Country boy through and through. I think you might have run into Fred, who was not related to Dale. They worked together at Fitz in the early '80's and it was pretty funny since they were physical opposites  but both had irrepressible, dry senses of humor.

Offline Llama

• License Termination Manager
  • Moderate User
  • Have you hugged a llama today?
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2007, 06:32 »
Dale will be truly missed. A soft spoken person with a heart of gold. He really loved the home made lasagna. We will miss ya Dale

Marty and Sharon

Offline galent

• Light User
  • Somebody toss me a crumb, will ya?
« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2008, 02:37 »
Hadn't seen Dale since the famous Vermont Yankee recirc pipe replacement outage 1985-1986 although I did talk to him about three years ago on the phone and we reminisced and he tried to talk me into coming to West Valley. He didn't mention cancer which doesn't surprise me. A bunch of us including Dale used to spend the last half-hour of our day in the break trailer playing liar's poker and what a blast we all had. Dale will be sorely missed.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?